Note:

Don't ask "Why this? HTC G1 is old and dead, why this ROM?"
Because we still love HTC G1! :laugh:

Last edited:
E

EnricoD

- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.7
- Kernel Version: ezgb-v1.5.2
- framework.jar smooth scroll patch (disabled scrollingcache)
- Zipaligned
- SystemUI:
. k/b meter
. new icons
. power widgets
. clock+data in status bar expanded
. settings shortcut
. new pulldown header
. notification colors revisited
- Settings:
. added preference categories (Wireless&Networks, Device, Personal etc ... )
. extra dreams settings (ezgb settings)
. superuser shortcut
. new grey settings header
. changed settings framework background
. added ROM info+banner in about phone
- framework-res:
. changed lot of icons and styles!
. new platlogo
. new scrubbers (ics style)
. new progress bars (ics style)
- Revisited Launcher2
. new wallpapers
. removed default widget on boot
. new dock icons
- Revisited DeskClock widget
- Revisited MMS
- Revisited Calculator
- Revisited Phone
- Revisited Contacts
- Revisited Playstore
- Revisited SetupWizard
- Custom Bootanimation by me
- Custom sounds from kitkat

droid_screen_100.png

image.png
image.png
image.png

image.png

droid_screen_200.png

I

ivn888

android_kill.png

Tweak Android for Performance, and increase battery by Saving Power Usage with Sysctl:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3917785&postcount=1 @defconoi

Other tips:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9987685&postcount=1

Here you can find radio etc:https://code.google.com/p/g1tools/downloads/list

Search in the forum!!!

Optional:

After first setup wizard, after first boot, I delete:

go to Vendor/app

- GalleryGoogle (i use quick pick)
- GenieWidget
- Gmail (i use cloud magic)
- Google backup transport
- Goolge feedback
- Google search
- Latine ime tutorial
- Media uploader
- One time
- Setup Wizard
- Talk

System/apps

- TTs
- Protips
- Sound recorder
- Music (clean music)
- Email
- File Manager (i use Root explorer)

Usefull apps:

- Android terminal

I used droidatscreen for screens!!! http://droid-at-screen.ribomation.com/

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Fun to see a new ROM! Nice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Can't get past the Welcome to Gingerbread Dream screen. It seems to register that I touched the center of the screen but never advances. I can touch Emergency Dialer and Change Language with no problem.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Also, for those of us that haven't partitioned/formatted to ext4 in a while... Power off and boot into recovery each time when setting up swap, ext2 to ext3, and ext3 to ext4. I kept getting "Error : type "fs ext2" in adb" message when trying to do it all at one time.

SD Card Partitioning using AmonRa

**With a fresh FAT32 formatted SD card inserted into the device boot into AmonRa recovery by holding down Home + Power button while power is off**

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > Partition SD then set:
- 128 MB Swap
- Ext2 (Default - 512 MB)
- Fat32 rest of my SD card

**Power off, then boot into recovery again**

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > SD: ext2 to ext3

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > SD: ext3 to ext4

In recovery navigate to Flash zip from sdcard > update_signed_final.zip

In recovery select Reboot system now

Last edited:

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Used this old trick to bypass the Welcome/Activation screen:

Source: http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/20/how-to-bypass-the-activation-screen-on-the-motorola-droid-x/

1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:

2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then

3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then

4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then

5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).

6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.

Looking good so far guys! :good:

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Are gapps built in or a separate flash for this ROM? I am assuming separate since Market (Google Play) closes immediately and I cannot add a Google account. That could explain why I had to bypass the activation screen. I do like it though. I am at work so I cannot flash gapps right now, I will try when I get home tonight.

epiteto

Jan 24, 2009
Venice
Thank you, very good ROM .

I installed it with "latest" CWM recovery and all seems to run well. I had no made EXT partition or Swap because
in CWM , if I'm not wrong, ther's no option to do it...

Any suggestion to optimize the ROM in this configutation or is mandatory to make partitions in Amon-RA Recovery ?

I tried to OC a little the cpu but phone reboot and some app FC's...

Nice graphics !!

EDIT:

Partitioned and swapped via Rom Manager after Rom installation. All is good but app's launch is very slow and still causes FC's .Do i have to re-flash the ROM ?
OC cpu now seems stable at 576mh ...

Last edited:

arctophile

Dec 18, 2006
Melbourne
Nice work, thanks ivn888! Good to have a reason to dust off the ole G1. Having a physical keyboard for texting is tops!

I did things in the order presented in the first post, which means I ended up formatting the SD card after flashing the rom. I figured out that I can take advantage of the new ext4 partition by using link2sd, but will the rom automatically make use of the new swap partition I've created, or do I need to reinstall the rom now?

Also, I would like to change the number of home screens, but none of the regular methods (pinching, Menu->Edit etc) seem to work. Do I need to edit the relevant XML?

EDIT: NVM, I just replaced the launcher and used Swapper2 to activate the whole 128mb of swap space. Oddly, the system was only using 8mb of swap before that.

Last edited:

taz22

Oct 25, 2007
French ROM or only English ?

Compatible with ?

Radio 2.22.19.26i
Hboot 1-33.2005
Dream pvt 32b Env s-off
Cyanogène rom
Recovery clockworkmod v 2.5.07

Thank you very much d'or answer

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Try toggling the signature verification in cwm recovery.
Otherwise as noted in OP they tested with Amon_Ra recovery which you could easily flash to with fastboot

Reactions: taz22

smtrejo

Jan 26, 2010
Thanks!!!

I'm here to thank the autor of this custom ROM and to let everybody know that I've just flashed it and that the HTC G1 is still my everyday phone. ;)

Se'ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't get past the Welcome to Gingerbread Dream screen. It seems to register that I touched the center of the screen but never advances. I can touch Emergency Dialer and Change Language with no problem.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Also, for those of us that haven't partitioned/formatted to ext4 in a while... Power off and boot into recovery each time when setting up swap, ext2 to ext3, and ext3 to ext4. I kept getting "Error : type "fs ext2" in adb" message when trying to do it all at one time.

SD Card Partitioning using AmonRa

**With a fresh FAT32 formatted SD card inserted into the device boot into AmonRa recovery by holding down Home + Power button while power is off**

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > Partition SD then set:
    - 128 MB Swap
    - Ext2 (Default - 512 MB)
    - Fat32 rest of my SD card

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > SD: ext2 to ext3

In recovery navigate to Partition sdcard > SD: ext3 to ext4

In recovery navigate to Flash zip from sdcard > update_signed_final.zip

In recovery select Reboot system now
    Used this old trick to bypass the Welcome/Activation screen:

Source: http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/20/how-to-bypass-the-activation-screen-on-the-motorola-droid-x/

1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:

2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then

3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then

4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then

5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).

6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.

Looking good so far guys! :good:

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Are gapps built in or a separate flash for this ROM? I am assuming separate since Market (Google Play) closes immediately and I cannot add a Google account. That could explain why I had to bypass the activation screen. I do like it though. I am at work so I cannot flash gapps right now, I will try when I get home tonight.
    Thank you so much for continuing to make the G1 a usable phone! It makes me really happy to see people still giving this relic love
    Hello, I just buy an htc dream, the phone have installed android 1.6, and I want to install this rom. I read and read forums and topics, but I dont know how to do the first step: root the phone and install a recovery.
    Someone could help me? thanks.
    Have a look through the first part of my "G1 Oracle" you'll probably find this guide most helpful as its the most recent and extensive.
    I hate to kick up an old thread like this, but this thread was one of the very rare in which the original ROM links still worked.

I "bricked" my G1 years ago trying to do something with it, dropped it into a drawer and forgot about it.

Recently decided to give it a go, found out I got as far as installing a "recover" it think its called? Anywho, flashed the SPL and then this ROM. Takes ages to boot the first time, then boots to a fairly ordinary setup screen, but that's as far as it goes. There's the "touch android to continue" screen, which is actually the infinite dreams logo, which highlights slight when touched, but nothing else happens.

See Gyf:

gfycat.com<slash>BiodegradableFortunateDuckbillplatypus

Anyone have any advice? I'm not apposed to going back to a stock rom either, but it seems like every ROM thread/link/blog/etc has dropped into the ether never to be seen again.

I vaguely remember a similar problem. Best advice would be to make sure your device is set up as close as possible to the device spec in the OP, most importantly I'd recommend using AmonRA recovery as that could make a big difference with partitions I think. Feel free to ask any questions if you don't understand what I've said. @demkantor is better explaining things than I am if he still knocks around here.