NEW Samsung Tab S5e 10.5inch AMOLED with Android 9 Pie

Search This thread

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
I just picked on of these up, coming from a Galaxy S T800. I was planning to keep the S for a while longer but it just seemed to be really struggling even though the battery seemed health, was pumping out the correct volts and holding a good charge. I tried a vew ROMS but I did really see much difference if page loading for web and stuff, mainly dolphin, all were very very slow. Much faster on the S5e, feels like the S did when I first got in back in 2014, very happy with my purchase, dont need the HF jack anyway.

i'd definately recommend this as a fantastic upgrade to the now ageing tab s 2014

Reactions: matthewgwilt

animeware

May 23, 2012
I own the Tab S5e very fast and very smooth too I don't care about the headphone jack I have bluetooth headphones and comes with dongle is fine for me. not as good performance as new IPAD Pro you paying twice as much for the device too for better performance. S5E is solid device and it works very well including wifi is fine for me not bad at all. gaming is enjoyable too I'm not paying Pub G i'm playing Marvel Super Heroes its running very smooth. Sound Quality is excellent too. This is far the best tablet I've used I used Huawei Mediapad m5 I didn't like the icons are so big I ended up returning it. I love the Dex Feature like Laptop.

Battery Life:
I went all day with it and still had 50% battery life left....

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
glad you are enjoying it!

I also had a mediapad m5 and got rid of it too..
This thing blows it away, I just wish it was a little smaller...

agree that it is the best android tablet our right now...not interested in anything Crapple..

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Can anyone confirm that the best buy S5e has a GPS please? Tech tablets says his S5e does not have any GPS built in, and Amazon customer reviews also claim no GPS is present. However best buy customers claim it does have GPS. Samsungs website does not mention any GPS but all the smartphone specifications websites say that it does. Not sure why there is so much confusion about the GPS status or why some units do have GPS and some don't. What's up with that?

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
bought mine at Best Buy in Arizona, and it DEFINITELY has GPS...
Yeah good to know @wase4711. Did it mention it on the packaging by chance? TechTablets.com did a video review of his S5e and proved beyond any doubt that his does not have GPS. A customer at Amazon answered the question saying "No mine does not have GPS". So that's why I asked because I think I would get mine from Best Buy. I would like to confirm that it has GPS before leaving the store. lol

I just do not understand why some do and some don't. Thanks again for the confirmation :good:

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
yep, it sees 28 satellites, and is using 24 of them
Haha thanks friend. I guess the moral is do not buy from Amazon then. I will pick mine up from the local BB. :good:

Now here's to hoping for a dedicated XDA section soon. I want this device to get official TWRP and LineageOS someday for sure, otherwise it wont do me no good in the long run. TAB S and S2 both had official LineageOS support that made these tabs far more useful.

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
actually, the moral of the story is dont believe anything you read on the internet!
I bet the amazon model does have it; if its cheaper than BB, I would buy that one first, you can always return it to Amazon if it somehow doesnt have gps..

Reactions: bjbirch and SkOrPn

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
actually, the moral of the story is dont believe anything you read on the internet!
I bet the amazon model does have it; if its cheaper than BB, I would buy that one first, you can always return it to Amazon if it somehow doesnt have gps..
Actually I didn't read it on the internet, I watched it in person on a Video Review from one of the best most thorough Tablet reviewers. The Amazon question was just a slight hiccup to support what I saw with my very own eyes below. Either his device is broken or his Amazon purchase actually has a model without GPS. But it clearly shows no GPS data what so ever. No way to not believe what you see with your own eyes, lol.

https://youtu.be/G_vtXsTwVwI?t=640

Reactions: wase4711

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
"believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear"..
I forgot who said that, but its certainly true now a days..:good:
Edgar Allan Poe!

Lol, if people lived by that insane statement no one would graduate High school or Colleges, or trust any of their friends or loved ones and Marriages certainly would all fail, in fact 100% of society would collapse...

EDIT: Thanks to your info I cleared up the mess at Amazon and set them straight. Thanks again for checking your GPS info. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: wase4711

olly230

Apr 14, 2009
For some reason I caved and got this.
I'd just got a pixel3a and it was making my old nexus10 feel really bad. It's on its 3rd battery.

Class big if kit.

The bloat I will deal with later but my most pressing concern is the wifi, it's not very fast. My phone maxes out my home connection but the tablet not so much.
I read there was a known wifi bug and an update addressed it. I have updated and no improvement.

Am I expecting too much?

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
yep, tablets rarely, if ever, have wifi as fast as a phone..
I have a gig connection at home, meaning the fastest wifi I can expect is around 500 mb, which I get on my one plus 6t; this tablet gets around 232 mb at home, more than enough for ANYTHING I would ever want to do with it..

Reactions: TiTiB

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
Great tablet! I hope more developers start working on roms for the LTE t725 version. I got it 2 days ago and i have to say Samsung did great job.

Nutsonfire

Jun 13, 2010
Nyon
Just got one today. Also have a Tab S2 Snapdragon.
I'm a Oneplus 7 user, so I do like zippy devices, for basic stuff this Tab S5e flies. It feels like a premium device, screen and sound are crazy good.
Geekbench 5 gives 30-40% higher scores than the S2 (some tests are double), similar to a Galaxy S8/Note 8.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own the Tab S5e very fast and very smooth too I don't care about the headphone jack I have bluetooth headphones and comes with dongle is fine for me. not as good performance as new IPAD Pro you paying twice as much for the device too for better performance. S5E is solid device and it works very well including wifi is fine for me not bad at all. gaming is enjoyable too I'm not paying Pub G i'm playing Marvel Super Heroes its running very smooth. Sound Quality is excellent too. This is far the best tablet I've used I used Huawei Mediapad m5 I didn't like the icons are so big I ended up returning it. I love the Dex Feature like Laptop.

Battery Life:
    I went all day with it and still had 50% battery life left....
    yep, tablets rarely, if ever, have wifi as fast as a phone..
    I have a gig connection at home, meaning the fastest wifi I can expect is around 500 mb, which I get on my one plus 6t; this tablet gets around 232 mb at home, more than enough for ANYTHING I would ever want to do with it..
    This looks to be on my list. Have been looking at the S4 but at odds with the price. Fingers crossed it ticks all the boxes (camera position not an issue for me) and can get a keyboard for it and i will probably go for it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Yes that's more like it. Much snappier than my stock, thanks for the links. Will definitely be rooting and loading a better Rom.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

you will not regret ?