[ CONCEPT ] Business Card Reader Concept for Windows Phone

Search This thread

the0ne

Jan 2, 2007
Melbourne
www.1800pocketpc.com
BCR.png

Similar to the notification Centre we covered a while ago we have put together a new Business Card Reader Concept for Windows Phone , we want an applike this to offers an easy way to add a new contact to your phone: simply take a picture of a business card and save the contact. You can also keep the image of the business cards to easy visual navigation – it’s your virtual Card holder.

3-590x504.png

So any devs out here want to take a stab at it ?

More info on 1800PocketPC

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
If you do a search on the marketplace you will find good ol' worldcard just like what was on wm6.5. Just cost $9.99 but there is one. I would doubt this kind of app would be made for free.

finalzero

Dec 2, 2004
www.finalzero.com
It's great people are stating alternatives here, but this is a good opportunity for developers to have a go at something.

As the OP mentioned:

"So any devs out here want to take a stab at it ?"

I am one of those developers who wants to have a go at this, purely from an educational point of view.

Nothing is totally free in this world however out of respect I would be happy to pay for an app provided it wasn't over the odds.

Personally I think anything developed on the XDA forums should remain open ended to allow people to learn and evolve the project.

twisticles

Sep 7, 2008
Yeah i think I covered that concept on the old Windows Phone board about six months before release...but nice idea. ;)

TechnoHacker

Dec 28, 2010
Well a lot of business cards have QR Codes on them.

But I'm going to try and see what I can do about this.

-Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using the XDA App.

Ludacris

Jul 18, 2009
Vienna
yup. I have placed a QR code on the backside of my business Card that includes a VCard with my Contact info. If you scan it, WP7 will automatically send you to the contacts hub and Display my contact - you can then save it :)

bobbydharrell

Feb 22, 2009
Daytona Beach
Whats in it for the Dev Who Suceeds? Free Nokia Lumia 800 on verizon when it appears? lol

For that I would devote all my time to making it happen lol, I dont program for profit hence why most of my apps are free, I program for the free devices.