[KERNEL][28NOV] SiyahKernel-XT Alpha 0.2

Search This thread

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
I won't write long and fancy descriptions... I am planning to keep both kernel and the OP as clean as possible.

This kernel is for Xperia-T only and supports only Sony ICS ROMs for now.

FEATURES:

• Autoroot
  • Some optimizations by cherrypicking from others & upstream
  • Some change-this-and-that kind of optimizations on governors
  • Some additional I/O Schedulers (sio, v/r)
  • Undervolting support
  • Overclocking support (192-1890MHz) with some modifications on thermal throttling to prevent overclocked values to be used during boot.
  • Custom CWM-based recovery with touch gestures (thanks to sk8erwitskil for the gesture support)
  • STweaks support (included in the kernel or from Google Play). it is an opensource app which generates dynamic UIs based on /res/uci.sh script interface and lets your set some kernel parameters easily. It will be auto-installed.
  • Fast-dormancy is disabled as default. You can enable it using STweaks.
KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some STweaks settings are not effective
  • kernel needs some time to apply settings and you may feel some lag for the first 2-3 minutes. this will be fixed soon.
TODO:

• cm10 support
  • Xperia TX support
  • dual-boot
  • more features...
THANKS TO: Codeworkx, Kali, all CyanogenMod contributors, sk8erwitskil, krabappel2548, Ninphetamine, Chainfire,... (please remind me if I forgot anyone)
Sources: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyah-xt
Ramfs: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/ramfs-xt (only updated each time I make a release. for test versions you will have to extract it from the kernel image)

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Many thanks

I will test this on my rom and link it to the all in one thread.

Works fine ROM-Assaye :)

Touch recovery is excellent!

No vibration on prompt to recovery, but has purple LED, I would appreciate the vibraion back please.

Will test other feature in time.

EDIT:
Unexpected error in STweaks

Last edited:

gokhanmoral

Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
TX can not flah cwm.zip, the script is wrong....

but use fastboot can.

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

I have not tested it on TX and that is why I wrote "Xperia-T only" to the first post.
also, make sure you read TODO..
if you use it on TX, use it at your own risk.

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
I haven't tested it on cm10 although I put some init files to the ramfs.
it will probably not boot on CM10 or anything based on that.
it is still on my todo, but will send you a message when I need it to be tested on an additional device.

no worries.

i know the cm10/paranoid kernels have no boot animations, which was offputting for the first few boots.

as greg asked before, can we keep the vibration for cm prompt if possible?

gokhanmoral

Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
oops.. tested STweaks now and it doesn't work. seems like I will upload 0.2 in 20 mins :)
and I will put the vibration before cwm amber light toggle.

damn.. I think I will never be able to have a first release fully working :)

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
oops.. tested STweaks now and it doesn't work. seems like I will upload 0.2 in 20 mins :)
and I will put the vibration before cwm amber light toggle.

damn.. I think I will never be able to have a first release fully working :)

:) thats what first releases are for...just checking backup and restore in .tar mode now

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Another problem..sorry. its not really a bug, just something that could be made better

The backup option does not have a confirm option, which i found painful on non touch versions becuase i sometimes hit the power button instead of volume up or down and start a backup by mistake.

I have just done the same again because as son as it finished a backup I went to pick the phone up and touched the screen on the enter butoon and another backup started....could you implement an "are you sure" option like on other screens where you have to scroll up and down through a load of no options before you hit yes...

Last edited:

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Hi gok, if you want it moving over to Original Development let me know as your work generally couldn't get much more original ;)

I won't be round till later but will move it then if none of the other mods see it first.

Thanks as always for sharing your work :good:

Reactions: gokhanmoral

gokhanmoral

Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
Hi gok, if you want it moving over to Original Development let me know as your work generally couldn't get much more original ;)

I won't be round till later but will move it then if none of the other mods see it first.

thank you for your kind comment but for now the kernel is not so original.
it has some cherrypicks and influences from some other repos although some parts are carefully corrected.
I want to make an example of "it is not who you are which makes your posts to be placed in original development but it is what you do"... and kernels can be unoriginal work as well.
I will ask for your evaluation once I feel like the work is more original :)
thank you again.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
thanks for reporting it. honestly I haven't checked it yet, but I will tonight.
updating known issues for now

no problem. It failed on both the backups i made with this recovery and now just failed on a known good .tar backup i made with a previous recovery.
It fails at different times, once on restoring system once on a md5 ismatch (On the new backups) and on the known good backup it failed on restoting data
"Error while restoring /sdcard/ .android /.androi_secure!"

But its a good looking recovery, I will be using it when these wrinkles are ironed out.

Again, many thanks, and if the confirm option for the backup is implemented as well, I would be over the moon.

gokhanmoral

Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
no problem. It failed on both the backups i made with this recovery and now just failed on a known good .tar backup i made with a previous recovery.
It fails at different times, once on restoring system once on a md5 ismatch (On the new backups) and on the known good backup it failed on restoting data
"Error while restoring /sdcard/ .android /.androi_secure!"

But its a good looking recovery, I will be using it when these wrinkles are ironed out.

Again, many thanks, and if the confirm option for the backup is implemented as well, I would be over the moon.

did you backup to internal or external card?
and do you have any app moved to .android_secure? (move2sd)
I have just run backup to internal and restored it successfully. EDIT: no .android_secure backup
I will also try to backup to external sd

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won't write long and fancy descriptions... I am planning to keep both kernel and the OP as clean as possible.

This kernel is for Xperia-T only and supports only Sony ICS ROMs for now.

FEATURES:

• Autoroot
    • Some optimizations by cherrypicking from others & upstream
    • Some change-this-and-that kind of optimizations on governors
    • Some additional I/O Schedulers (sio, v/r)
    • Undervolting support
    • Overclocking support (192-1890MHz) with some modifications on thermal throttling to prevent overclocked values to be used during boot.
    • Custom CWM-based recovery with touch gestures (thanks to sk8erwitskil for the gesture support)
    • STweaks support (included in the kernel or from Google Play). it is an opensource app which generates dynamic UIs based on /res/uci.sh script interface and lets your set some kernel parameters easily. It will be auto-installed.
    • Fast-dormancy is disabled as default. You can enable it using STweaks.
    KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some STweaks settings are not effective
    • kernel needs some time to apply settings and you may feel some lag for the first 2-3 minutes. this will be fixed soon.
    TODO:

• cm10 support
    • Xperia TX support
    • dual-boot
    • more features...
    THANKS TO: Codeworkx, Kali, all CyanogenMod contributors, sk8erwitskil, krabappel2548, Ninphetamine, Chainfire,... (please remind me if I forgot anyone)
    Sources: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyah-xt
    Ramfs: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/ramfs-xt (only updated each time I make a release. for test versions you will have to extract it from the kernel image)
    I have been using a windows phone for a while (don't ask why, it's complicated) and that is why I could not release anything for xperia t for a long time.
    The last thing I did on xperia-t was that I modified it to support wireless charging (qi.. I opened it up to replace the ear jack because it was stuck then I saw that attaching a coil is not that hard) and it's being used by a friend now.
    I will get my hands on it next month maybe.

thank you for your kind comment but for now the kernel is not so original.
    it has some cherrypicks and influences from some other repos although some parts are carefully corrected.
    I want to make an example of "it is not who you are which makes your posts to be placed in original development but it is what you do"... and kernels can be unoriginal work as well.
    I will ask for your evaluation once I feel like the work is more original :)
    thank you again.
    reserved

for FAQ
    Well, seeking a reaction on forum is rude. I got it. Good to know. You should give it in rules. End of story.
    Apologies if this comes across as trolling or flaming, but I hope this can clear things up.

You should never demand from someone any obligation to even answer your questions in this site. Very recently a recognised contributor on this forum lost their daughter, a very sad event and we as a community were devastated.
    The last thing on that persons mind was even logging on to xda, let alone answering questions or working on projects. To you, your phone may be the most important thing to you right now, but for some other people real life problems take priority and we should not make their problems worse by appearing to be ungrateful.

Remembering Miranda.

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
    How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?