Developer Edition 4.3 OTA is LIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KiamatDusk

Aug 31, 2010
Just got mine! Go get it!

UPDATE: I can't get mine to install. I must have messed something up when I tried to root. The phone will NOT boot into recovery. Any ideas?

Last edited:

RsSharKy

Dec 16, 2008
Damn it u beat me to it.......

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380170820326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380170820326.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,370

lucky76

Mar 14, 2009
I'm downloading...
Update version 3.22.1540.1
Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Last edited:

Sultan of Speed

Jan 17, 2012
Jupiter
Download the latest RUU from htcdev.com (should be 1.29.1540.16).

Run that file and you should be good. Once installed, it'll give you the system update notification.

Reactions: KiamatDusk

Sultan of Speed

Jan 17, 2012
Jupiter
Thanks! Where do I find it on the site? I don't see it under resources.

Goto htcdev.com
Click kernel source code
Click downloads

Then browse to the correct file.

Note: you need your bootloader locked for running this.
Also note this will wipe out ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING from your system. So backup your data.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Goto htcdev.com
Click kernel source code
Click downloads

Also note this will wipe out ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING from your system. So backup your data.

Here's the link to it:

http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_and_Binaries/RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.16.exe

KiamatDusk

Aug 31, 2010
Goto htcdev.com
Click kernel source code
Click downloads

Thanks for bearing with me. How do I lock the bootloader? The DE came with the bootloader unlocked.

Sultan of Speed

Jan 17, 2012
Jupiter
Thanks for bearing with me. How do I lock the bootloader? The DE came with the bootloader unlocked.

For that, you need to get into bootloader. Using fastboot, issue the command:

fastboot oem lock

But, one more thing - before you try this, are you able to get into your phone at all? Have you tried the factory reset in settings? If possible, try that first, before you lock your bootloader & run RUU.

If you do run RUU, after your system has become stable, to unlock it back, follow the instructions in "Unlock Bootloader" in htcdev.com

KiamatDusk

Aug 31, 2010

fastboot oem lock

But, one more thing - before you try this, are you able to get into your phone at all? Have you tried the factory reset in settings? If possible, try that first, before you lock your bootloader & run RUU.

If you do run RUU, after your system has become stable, to unlock it back, follow the instructions in "Unlock Bootloader" in htcdev.com

OK, so my phone works fine, and I can boot into recovery now, but it's CWM. If I do a factory reset will it get rid of CWM? Because that sounds much easier. Also, I'm not rooted yet.

I found this DL for the RUU as an .exe
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=M7/RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.16.exe

If I use that, do I need to put it on the phone or do I just run it from the computer?

Thanks again for all your help.

Sultan of Speed

Jan 17, 2012
Jupiter
OK, so my phone works fine, and I can boot into recovery now, but it's CWM. If I do a factory reset will it get rid of CWM? Because that sounds much easier. Also, I'm not rooted yet.

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=M7/RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.29.1540.16.exe

If I use that, do I need to put it on the phone or do I just run it from the computer?

If it is CWM that you are running, no way you are going to get the latest HTC DE update. If you want the latest HTC DE update, you are going to have to wipe out everything and put in stock.
For bringing your phone back to stock:
1. Download the RUU.exe file onto your windows computer.
2. I am assuming here that you have all the latest USB drivers installed on your windows computer. I am also assuming that you are able to get to the fastboot prompt and are able to see your device in your windows computer.
3. To check if your device is visible in windows, issue the command fastboot devices while in the fastboot prompt. To get to the fastboot prompt, keeping the volume down button pressed, press & hold the power button and do not let go until you see the fastboot screen. Then issue the above command.
4. Then issue the command fastboot oem lock. This will lock your bootloader.
5. Next reboot back into bootloader
6. Then run the RUU file from your windows pc and follow the instructions on screen.

Since I have to say this, I'm saying this:

As always, back up all your data. And do so all this at your risk. Make sure you read the various related posts and understand what your are doing. If you brick your phone, I am not to be held responsible.

:)

There - having said all this, I think you should be okay. Good luck. :)

chrisch1974

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
didnt helped...still Your phone is up to date

Very strange as there is the "small" update from .16 to .17 first. And this one is out since a long time. Honestly when the CID and the rom version is correct I have no idea why it doesn't want to update. But there is always a strange logic how the auto-update works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download the latest RUU from htcdev.com (should be 1.29.1540.16).

Run that file and you should be good. Once installed, it'll give you the system update notification.

fastboot oem lock

If it is CWM that you are running, no way you are going to get the latest HTC DE update. If you want the latest HTC DE update, you are going to have to wipe out everything and put in stock.
    For bringing your phone back to stock:
    1. Download the RUU.exe file onto your windows computer.
    2. I am assuming here that you have all the latest USB drivers installed on your windows computer. I am also assuming that you are able to get to the fastboot prompt and are able to see your device in your windows computer.
    3. To check if your device is visible in windows, issue the command fastboot devices while in the fastboot prompt. To get to the fastboot prompt, keeping the volume down button pressed, press & hold the power button and do not let go until you see the fastboot screen. Then issue the above command.
    4. Then issue the command fastboot oem lock. This will lock your bootloader.
    5. Next reboot back into bootloader
    6. Then run the RUU file from your windows pc and follow the instructions on screen.

Since I have to say this, I'm saying this:

As always, back up all your data. And do so all this at your risk. Make sure you read the various related posts and understand what your are doing. If you brick your phone, I am not to be held responsible.

:)

There - having said all this, I think you should be okay. Good luck. :)
    Very strange as there is the "small" update from .16 to .17 first. And this one is out since a long time. Honestly when the CID and the rom version is correct I have no idea why it doesn't want to update. But there is always a strange logic how the auto-update works.

well maybe the update is rolled out in stages, wouldn't be the 1st time. as you said it rom version matches and cid. it should at least see the OTA update
    Hello. For those who have installed the update, what's the radio version that came with this update?

Thanks. :)

This is what I got "4A.20.3263.16"