[Q] Noob trying to become a dev.

Search This thread

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
This thread may be pointless but I don't care. I can't find a straight general answer.

I am kind of new to Android modding but have ok skills with coding and decent skills with Linux (I know how to survive in a shell).
What are good code examples or what are the best methods(exploits) used to privilege escalate a shell?
Do I need to find a hole in the Linux kernel or try to hijack an active process running as root?
What is needed to crack the bootloader? I know I'm asking a lot and most of my terms used may be wrong but I find it hard to take that next step. Would I find answers by reading an Android developers book?
Please, where do I start???

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
There are many options in the development criteria, the two main consist of OS Development (Roms) and Application Development.

Judging by what you're stating, I think you're trying to work towards OS Development? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know I'm being a bit cheap by not typing out everything needed, as I will have to put some time into that... But the official CyanogenMod wiki shows you how to set up a building environment on Mac, Windows and Linux.

From there they explain in detail on what shell commands you must use to run exploits and such. They also explain what specific components and files do and how you can modify and update them from what I have previously seen. The site also shows you how to build a ROM for your device itself, using the CyanogenMod source of course, the method applies to all source to be honest.

Here's a link to the website - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

If this wasn't what you were asking for let me know so I can explain furthermore.

Krish.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Faznx92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are many options in the development criteria, the two main consist of OS Development (Roms) and Application Development.

Judging by what you're stating, I think you're trying to work towards OS Development? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know I'm being a bit cheap by not typing out everything needed, as I will have to put some time into that... But the official CyanogenMod wiki shows you how to set up a building environment on Mac, Windows and Linux.

From there they explain in detail on what shell commands you must use to run exploits and such. They also explain what specific components and files do and how you can modify and update them from what I have previously seen. The site also shows you how to build a ROM for your device itself, using the CyanogenMod source of course, the method applies to all source to be honest.

Here's a link to the website - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

If this wasn't what you were asking for let me know so I can explain furthermore.

Krish.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk