Help, I can't connect to a Wi-Fi network.

Search This thread

BrickMeNot

Jul 8, 2013
I tried to connect to a network today on my n7, but when I entered the 4-digit pass code, it wouldn't let press connect, almost like I needed to enter more... Can I force the connection or is the guy wrong and the password is different/longer? I'm very confused, would this be different on an apple device(most people there use iOS)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

mrmidnight

May 23, 2010
Stevensville, MT
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I tried to connect to a network today on my n7, but when I entered the 4-digit pass code, it wouldn't let press connect, almost like I needed to enter more... Can I force the connection or is the guy wrong and the password is different/longer? I'm very confused, would this be different on an apple device(most people there use iOS)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Either the guy is wrong or it is encrypted with WEP instead of WPA/WPA2

Try changing the encryption setting on the network you are attempting to access to WEP and see if it works

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Either the guy is wrong or it is encrypted with WEP instead of WPA/WPA2

Try changing the encryption setting on the network you are attempting to access to WEP and see if it works

Might also be worth checking the advanced settings menu and then the Wi-Fi Frequency. I recommend "Auto" unless you have a specific reason to select one of the two options. If its not on "Auto" select it and attempt to reconnect.

akhilleus_

Aug 12, 2014
It's most likely the encryption as the people above me said. Check your settings and make sure you toggle "auto." Check with the person who gave you the login details again, and the fact that Apple and iOS usually connects to the network doesn't mean anything.