Wifi problem on SGH i337

Search This thread

Elirand

Sep 5, 2014
Hey all! so.. my friend came from U.S and he got me a used Galaxy 4 from AT&T, and the Wifi is just stuck on a green grey situation, its not on or off
i tried any solution online that i could find. i don't know what to do anymore. nothing helping the things that are only helping was changing the router settings to a different encryption mode from WEP and then its worked but when i connected my gs4 to a different wifi connection the problem happened again
the wifi can work days if I'm not switching wifi spots.
my only solution by now was just to change to a whole new custom ROM
the problem is, that i have NO IDEA how to do it due the fact that i have a mac and i couldn't find a Proper noob guide from scratch to do that. please help me! i am a graphic designer and an artist with a MA in fine arts and i would love to help u guys too
Thank you so much!
elirandahan.com

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

This is what I used to get adb/fastboot on my iMac. I am on MDL build, early version phone.

You will need to find you build number first. Under Settings/About Device to determine how to flash roms on the phone--a screen of that page may help also--

Elirand

Sep 5, 2014
This is what I used to get adb/fastboot on my iMac. I am on MDL build, early version phone.

You will need to find you build number first. Under Settings/About Device to determine how to flash roms on the phone--a screen of that page may help also--

hey thanks i added a photo but apparently i need 10 posts at least so just add www i58.tinypic.com/v41bue.png
the wifi is working cuz i restart it to manufacture settings again but soon as i will disconnect him and join a different connection he will go grey again

G

GuestX0019

From the PM photo you are on NB1 build--

If you are going to root to flash a custom rom you will need the below two links--

Read Op page of first link, I think it depends on how the phone got to NB1 as which steps you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

You will need SafeStrap in below link. So, read up on that.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448925

These are if you are going to root to flash a rom. You can only flash Touch Wiz roms and no custom kernels or recovries.

If you want to get back to stock status you will need to flash the appropriare firmware and use Odin on a PC and Heimdall on Mac. Will have to research that.

What carrier are you on and where you are at?

Was the phone ever rooted--

I never returned to stock or used SafeStrap, so someone with hands on experience will have to help on that.

rammohan518

Sep 18, 2014
Hiii....I am also having the same problem.My phone was unlocked by a guy and everything was working fine then.From next day the i could not turn on WiFi(It would go grayish for some time and then return to normal).I tried searching for it online and found the following soln
1)Reboot and check(Didn't work)
2)Factory Reset:After doing this it worked for that initial scanning but again was back to normal once wifi was switched off
3)Factory reset and installed root browser(my phone is rooted as i was able to install root explorer) and tried renaming the wpa-supplant config file
.This was worked for me for like 4 days.
After that again the problem is back and its even worse.It is immediately turning off as opposed to delay in previous case.When i tried to follow the same procedure the config files are not present.I could not on wifi even after factory reset even once

As i am a new around here detailed help would be appreciated;
My Device Features:
1)Andriod:4.4.2,SGH I337

2)Baseband:I337UCUFNC1

3)kernel Version:3.4.0-1125940

4)Build No:KOT49H.I337UCUFNC1