Need Help - How to connect to the internet via Bluetooth PAN?

Search This thread

zolom

Apr 27, 2008
Here
If anybody had managed to access the internet via Bluetooth PAN (via a PC ora BT accees point), then please provide explanation how to configure both: a PC with Boradcom stack and the HTC HD (which connection to use, how to use the Internet Connect Sharing on the HD, which IP addresses should be entered for the PAN network card etc.)

Your help is really needed

Thanks

zolom

Apr 27, 2008
Here
Yes, you are right. The opther thread title was about NULL MODEM, and could have been not clear. Due to the lack of help there, I did post this new thread with a more accurate title.

The problem remains the same. I still cannot access the internet via PAN. I can use BT ActiveSync to access the Internet , but this is not the right way.

Please, anyone who had succeeded, do post the steps to achieve BT via PAN

Thanks

andreasfuntastic

Sep 2, 2006
Thats a really basic question. (your really did not find a answer on this forum?).
On ppc goto Programs/internetconnection/ and under connection choose bluetooth instead of usb. Than click connect.
On PC right click on bluetooth icon, chooce quickconnect to Network accesspoint.
Thats it. Of course you firs must pair device and set it to be"visible".

Last edited:

zolom

Apr 27, 2008
Here
Thanks

I allready did that, I chose 'Network Access', under the Quick Connect, my PPC was detected, when I click on 'Connect' I get the message "Error creating 'Network Access Point' connection with device ,my device>" on my PC. This happens when I choose Serilal Port or Dial Up Networking too.

What am I missing?

Thanks

zolom

Apr 27, 2008
Here
S u c c e s s

Thanks to you all foryour support.

The problem was with the BT stcak on my computer. I unistalled the Widcomm BT application and reinstalled it again. Suddenly, no more error messages. All is working ok.

:)

C

crajee

Even I wanted to connect to my LAN internet connection on desktop over Bluetooth.

1. I have enabled BT on HD - Visible mode (No Bluetooth icon on Taskbar -- Why???:confused:.
2. Paired with Desktop - passkey exchange - Success.
3. Service Discovery - Two services found on THD:
a) Bluetooth PAN.
b) Bluetooth Dial-up networking.
(Please note - Object Push Service and FTP services are not there!!:confused:)
Anyway - Now if I try to Click Connect to the PAN:
"Establishing a Connection with ABX's Bluetooth PAN
Operation - Not successful. Please try it again..

I have soft reset HD and also reinstalled Bluesoleil on desktop several times.
Nothing seems to help.

As a side note
1.Even sending an object from Desktop is not possible as the Object Push Service is not visible..
2.Sending a text from a cellphone also fails - "Bluetooth Connection Failed"

I have "Obex inbox" installed if that information helps.. But the problem is there even before installing any app.

Is it that I got a stone instead of a "BlackStone" ?? :mad:
Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Connecting Activesync over bluetooth worked. still unable over either ActiveSync-USB OR to do BT without Activesync
Any Ideas??

Last edited: