[How-To][Root] Galaxy S4 Gt-9500 running KitKAT

Search This thread

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
You said may lol, that's why I prevent you. Because not all users do the previous research

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

andreapaid

May 4, 2012
Santo Domingo
Google Pixel 7
no SU binary

Hi

I followed your instructions. I"m running i9500ubufna2 Android 4.4.2 S4 I9500 from Sammobile . I flashed Philz Recovery, no problem. I went to Philz settings and clicked on Reroot device.

when i open SuperSU , it says "No SU Binary installed, and SUperSU cannot install it. This is a problem"

what do i do now?

Andre

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: eric-filth

eric-filth

Nov 18, 2011
Ponta Grossa - PR
Hi

I followed your instructions. I"m running i9500ubufna2 Android 4.4.2 S4 I9500 from Sammobile . I flashed Philz Recovery, no problem. I went to Philz settings and clicked on Reroot device.

when i open SuperSU , it says "No SU Binary installed, and SUperSU cannot install it. This is a problem"

what do i do now?

Andre

Install CFRoot.
Put you phone into Dowload Mode, and flash using Odin.

Enviado do meu GT-I9500

Gusmi

Sep 8, 2013
Hi!

I tried that, but a dead Android appears, with "error" and it doesn't enter the philz recovery. It boots normally though. Does anyone know what went wrong?

Tks!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

86n

May 23, 2014
How to root Galaxy S4 GT-9500 running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Proceed at your own risk, rooting your device may void your warranty and Knox will no longer function

Requirements:
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9500 running Android 4.4.2
Kies disabled
Odin 3.09: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/27-08-2013-odin-3-09-odin-1-85-versions-t2189539
PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery by Phil3759: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860 (download the .tar.md5 version for the GT-9500)
Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in developer options

Recommended:
Backup your data
Battery charged more than 50%

Rooting your device:
Connect your device to your computer (ID:COM in odin should be highlighted in blue)
Select Philz touch recovery 6 as AP in odin, make sure F.Reset Time and F.Reboot are checked (Do NOT check any other options)
Press the start button
Wait for Odin to finish
Power-off your device and boot into recovery by holding these buttons: Volume up+Home+Power
If Philz recovery doesn't appear, it may take a few tries.
Now enter philz settings and select reroot device.
When your device boots, download SuperSU (by Chainfire) in the play store.
Download Root Checker Basic and Verify your Root.
Done!

"KNOX" appears in my settings menu (I have just updated to 4.4.2 today) however, when I select it from the menu there is a message that reads "you need to download and install this app" so that must mean that knox is not yet actually on my s4 at all ?

can you tell me, what is KIES how do you disable it ?

Reactions: dukedusty

86n

May 23, 2014
is this ok to use to root my i9500 on 4.4.2 with a mac osx ?

dottech.org/149375/how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-s4-on-android-4-4-2-kitkat-gt-i9500-gt-i9505-guide/

Shoaibamin

Jun 13, 2014
s4 stuck on odin mode in half way

i hv s4 i9500 running on 4.4.2 i tried to root it but it is stuck on odin mode with half progress bar... i tried to use different odin but it still stuck on the same place... and i cant get a normal boot now.... my odin extension are this... please help...

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img.ext4 <---- IT STUCK AT THIS POINT EVERY TIME

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

what do i do now?

Andre

Install CFRoot.
    Put you phone into Dowload Mode, and flash using Odin.

Enviado do meu GT-I9500
    no SU binary

Hi

what do i do now?

Andre
    How to root Galaxy S4 GT-9500 running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Proceed at your own risk, rooting your device may void your warranty and Knox will no longer function

Requirements:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9500 running Android 4.4.2
    Kies disabled
    Odin 3.09: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/27-08-2013-odin-3-09-odin-1-85-versions-t2189539
    PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery by Phil3759: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860 (download the .tar.md5 version for the GT-9500)
    Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in developer options

Recommended:
    Backup your data
    Battery charged more than 50%

Rooting your device:
    Connect your device to your computer (ID:COM in odin should be highlighted in blue)
    Select Philz touch recovery 6 as AP in odin, make sure F.Reset Time and F.Reboot are checked (Do NOT check any other options)
    Press the start button
    Wait for Odin to finish
    Power-off your device and boot into recovery by holding these buttons: Volume up+Home+Power
    If Philz recovery doesn't appear, it may take a few tries.
    Now enter philz settings and select reroot device.
    When your device boots, download SuperSU (by Chainfire) in the play store.
    Download Root Checker Basic and Verify your Root.
    Done!

"KNOX" appears in my settings menu (I have just updated to 4.4.2 today) however, when I select it from the menu there is a message that reads "you need to download and install this app" so that must mean that knox is not yet actually on my s4 at all ?

can you tell me, what is KIES how do you disable it ?