Sense 5 opinions

Search This thread

ToiletDucky

Aug 13, 2012
How do you guys like it? I'm still tempted to go bareback and toss sense out. I gave it a shot, awesome job guys, but don't like how it wants to stuff facebook in my face all the time. If there is a way to reorganize the main page I haven't seen it. Ended up nandroiding back to meanbean 3.09 for now. Runs slick as glass. If I download and install the bareback superlte does that include the camera drivers so there is no loss in quality/functionality?

Also what is svn lol. I just downloaded the sense 5 port directly to my phone and flashed it, s-off, but I keep reading Bout svn. Is that update software? With meanbean I just used the ota updater.

Sorry kinda new

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
I absolutely love it.

I don't use Facebook either, so I froze it using app quarantine from the play store and it doesn't pop up anywhere anymore.

Svn is a way to get the latest updates without having to download the whole file. It downloads only the parts that have been updated reducing download time.

You also get downloads in advance.

Switching main screen is in the pinch on home screen widgets layout. You hold the screen you want selected in that window and drag it to main.

I love sense 5. Smoothest ROM I've ever had, especially with the arc reactor kernel.

I currently also have a 7582 quadrant score because of the ROM.

Turtlesvn is a svn client (I think that's its name) from there follow the thread listed about svn to get it set up.

I will never go back to sense 4.5 or aosp, they are farrrrr behind sense 5 and I know when you get it figured out you will agree.

Have fun!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also for the camera. Freeze it an app quarantine. Use extrims camera from themes and apps. Gives you sense 4.5 camera back until camera is fully functional.

Also. I haven't tested this as I'm still playing with sense 5 it should work tho

Last edited:

ToiletDucky

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks for the peptalk I need it! Ill wait a few weeks until things get ironed out, maybe try will release sense 5 on their own LOL.

premo15

Aug 4, 2012
Austin, TX
svn is a version control system that developers use to check in their code. It allows other devs to pull the changes down to their machines to make sure they're working with the latest files. The sense 5 repository is public, so anyone can pull down the files needed to flash the rom, but it's still intended more for the developers.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Darealboot

Jan 28, 2013
Link feed is pretty neat I have to say. I can't wait for a working gallery so I can see in person how the zoe moments work. And I can't wait to see how the devs theme it.

watzone69

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, Texas
I think it's the best version of sense yet. I hate sense and only used it when I needed to do something that wasn't working in AOSP, AOKP, etc. Sense 5 is actually very handy and flexible. The development of the port seems to be coming along very nicely and my hat's of to all of them!

Also, igotlostintampa has done a kicka$$ job of putting together a great FAQ that has helped me greatly in getting this to be a DD.

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
I definitely like it. My only complaint is I can't set blink feed as a "middle" panel for a home screen with pages to the left and right of it.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
Sense 5 is the first OEM skin I've ever used that I feel is as cohesive and attractive as stock Android. It's better than Touchwiz, better than not-Blur, better than Optimus UI, and most importantly, WAY better than any prior version of Sense. I think I've finally found an AOSP replacement. I was actually planning to buy an Optimus G on eBay and sell this phone, but Sense 5 has convinced me to stick with the Evo. Using Arc Reactor kernel 0.41 (1.7) along with Sense 5, this phone is pretty close to the G performance-wise despite only having 2 CPU cores.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

Jan 12, 2012
I like it but Im still waiting for a desensed version.
I mostly use nova or chameleon laubcher so I just like it for the pretty menus and functionality lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
I initially said I liked Sense 5, but have since changed my mind. I don't like the blink feed being forced on me. I can't remove it nor can I change what page it is. I feel as if HTC just watered Sense down. It is very light. Not so much a UI anymore, buy more of a skin or theme similar to Touchwiz. I know this move will be praised by some, but if you're a fan of Sense, you might be disappointed as I am. I like the Sense widgets. Now they are either watered down to look more AOSP or simply gone. No HTC bookmarks, no HTC Music. Calendar looks weak. I keep flashing the newest daily in an attempt to like it (as this is the future) but I keep coming back to my nandroid. I give the Devs all the respect in the world and this rant is in no way a reflection of my thoughts to their hard work to bring the port to us. I'm grateful to have the ability to try it.

Reactions: Riff76

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
I initially said I liked Sense 5, but have since changed my mind. I don't like the blink feed being forced on me. I can't remove it nor can I change what page it is. I feel as if HTC just watered Sense down. It is very light. Not so much a UI anymore, buy more of a skin or theme similar to Touchwiz. I know this move will be praised by some, but if you're a fan of Sense, you might be disappointed as I am. I like the Sense widgets. Now they are either watered down to look more AOSP or simply gone. No HTC bookmarks, no HTC Music. Calendar looks weak. I keep flashing the newest daily in an attempt to like it (as this is the future) but I keep coming back to my nandroid. I give the Devs all the respect in the world and this rant is in no way a reflection of my thoughts to their hard work to bring the port to us. I'm grateful to have the ability to try it.

I completely agree about the widgets. They look like crap. Blinkfeed you can edit to exclude a bunch of junk. Back on the widgets, gonna buy android pro widgets, I need the agenda view on the calendar widget

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
OK. Back to AOKP for me. Tried it for about 2hrs to check it out, and the devs have done an amazing job, but sense is still painful compared to AOKP to me. HTC did do better with multitasking, a lot (unless it was the wicked xda devs that fixed that). Still, sense is too blocky and in my face for me to use.

That said, there were a few cool new features, like if you have a contact that is Google and Facebook , sense gives you option to pick which icon pic. Cool, but doesn't stand a chance against AOKP/Rootbox/slim bean/CM.
Wish I knew what all the sense users see. Hell, there's not even an email widget (which 4.1.2+ has now).

Last edited:
Reactions: Riff76

Jbruks

Aug 9, 2012
black creek
I need the Bluetooth and I can test for more than the weekend
Good for Sat and Sun
Smooth and fast
If you got the Bluetooth fix hit me up

Jbruks

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
OK. Back to AOKP for me. Tried it for about 2hrs to check it out, and the devas have done an amazing job, but scene it still painful compared to AOKP to me. HTC did do better with multitasking, a lot (unless it was the wicked xda devas that fixed that). Still, sense is too blocky and in my face for me to use.

That said, there were a fee cool new features, like if you have a contact that is Google and Facebook , sense gives you option to pick which icon pic. Cool, but doesn't stand a chance against AOKP/Rootbox/slim bean/CM.
Wish I knee what all the sense users see. Hell, there's not even an email widget (which 4.1.2+ has now).

I want to move AOSP full time but I can never get mms, mms over WiFi and gps to work as well as sense can.

I love the theme chooser and wish I knew had to port some of those themes over to sense. Much more involved than doing an image replacement in winrar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What I meant is that blinkfeed is always the far left most screen. However, I keep trying the Rom out and its growing on me. I don't even care that Bluetooth is broken, but the bug with the multiple pictures and audio is killing me. Once that and the clock speed bugs are wiped out I plan on switching over full time.

Settings/apps/all/mobile storage
    Clear data, reboot, give it a couple minutes to rebuild its data. Should be golden after that.
    A little bit of both =)

OK. Back to AOKP for me. Tried it for about 2hrs to check it out, and the devas have done an amazing job, but scene it still painful compared to AOKP to me. HTC did do better with multitasking, a lot (unless it was the wicked xda devas that fixed that). Still, sense is too blocky and in my face for me to use.

That said, there were a fee cool new features, like if you have a contact that is Google and Facebook , sense gives you option to pick which icon pic. Cool, but doesn't stand a chance against AOKP/Rootbox/slim bean/CM.
    Wish I knee what all the sense users see. Hell, there's not even an email widget (which 4.1.2+ has now).

I want to move AOSP full time but I can never get mms, mms over WiFi and gps to work as well as sense can.

I love the theme chooser and wish I knew had to port some of those themes over to sense. Much more involved than doing an image replacement in winrar.

I completely agree about the widgets. They look like crap. Blinkfeed you can edit to exclude a bunch of junk. Back on the widgets, gonna buy android pro widgets, I need the agenda view on the calendar widget

Link feed is pretty neat I have to say. I can't wait for a working gallery so I can see in person how the zoe moments work. And I can't wait to see how the devs theme it.

Gallery is working.

HTC Zoe is a Camera feature.