[MOD][XPOSED][GrindrMod](NEW!!)

Search This thread

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
New and improved GMod!

Custom location picker, inbox filters, backup/restore chats, bulk chat erase, grid layout, profile history, and more!

Please note that each release of GMod is specifically tied to a particular range of versions of the app. Each release will be guaranteed to function only with the specified versions of the app.

This release is compatible with version 5.6.0 - 5.13.2 (Skipped 5.12.0)

FEATURES:
  • Custom location picker with favorites
  • Optional persistent statusbar notification
  • Selectable 2, 3, 4 or 5-column grid layout
  • Individual control over notification sounds
  • Retain chats from blocked profiles
  • Option to show social media icons on the profile bar (long tap to copy username to clipboard)
  • Smaller "send location" button to prevent accidental sending location
  • Send on SHIFT+ENTER in chat text field (for WifiKeyboard)
  • Optional GPS Accuracy overlay on cascade
  • Darken the bottom button bar in chat view
  • Double-tap to clear text field in chat
  • Map overlay option on cascade*
  • Option to replace "Fresh Faces" with Profile History (long-tap "profile history" to clear the history)**
  • Bulk chat erase***
  • Undo the last cascade refresh by long-tapping the home tab (not for Xtra with unlimited cascade!)
  • Advanced inbox filters: filter by online users, received photos, blocks, search term, has profile photos, ads, one-sided chats
  • Received photos indicator (camera icon) option for chat inbox (tap on icon to open received photos)
  • Option to set the minimum GPS accuracy level to avoid registering a precise location
  • Option to disable sending Taps on single-tap (Prevent sending accidental taps)
  • Sort Cascade, Favorites or Explore page by online users (show online users first)
  • Remove photos sent by other users by long-tapping the photo in the chat screen
  • Long-tap social media icons to display username and copy to clipboard
  • Disable automatic deletion of older chats (truncate chats)
  • Disable smooth scroll to top for chat inbox (get to the top more quickly)
  • Inverse filters allow you to filter by "not blocked" users as well as users who have sent/received photos
  • Custom notification sounds. Tap the "Android" selection to open the Ringtone Picker.
  • Bulk tap erase (long tap on inbox tab while viewing taps)
  • Backup/Restore chats locally or to Google Drive
  • Disable Fresh Faces
  • Delete conversation from chat screen
  • Auto-generate profile display names for blank profiles
  • *NEW* Show message count on Inbox tab (can be disabled in module settings)

*Tapping on the GPS Accuracy text will display your current location as an overlay in the upper-left corner of the cascade.

**To view profile history, replace "Fresh Faces" with Profile History in module settings. Clear the profile history by long-tapping on the "PROFILE HISTORY" title.

***Long-tap the inbox tab to bring up a dialog giving you the option to bulk-erase one-sided chats before a certain date. You can also clear ALL chats at once. Bulk chat operations will respect currently set inbox filters.

Like my work? Please consider donating!

NOTE: This module does NOT unlock any paid features!! It does NOT allow you to view more guys than what your subscription allows. It merely fits more profiles on the display at once by increasing the number of columns
in the grid.

Works for both free Grindr and GrindrXtra.

Disclaimer: This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. GMod does not collect any personal information nor does it display advertisements of any kind. No revenue is generated or collected from the use of this software.

Last edited:

willysmith

Jun 23, 2016
So far works great, thanks! Is there anything new we should be aware of coming from the other version?

A couple of things :

- I do notice that not all profiles with chats have the orange border.
- would it be possible to add swipe across screens (I think previous version of app or mod had this)?

Thanks and great job!

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
So far works great, thanks! Is there anything new we should be aware of coming from the other version?

A couple of things :

- I do notice that not all profiles with chats have the orange border.
- would it be possible to add swipe across screens (I think previous version of app or mod had this)?

Thanks and great job!

There is a paid feature now which too closely matches the active chats border, so it has been removed.

willysmith

Jun 23, 2016
There is a paid feature now which too closely matches the active chats border, so it has been removed.

The mod introduced that far before the app did. One might argue that they took it and monetized it from @GrindrGuy. Does this mean that if the app starts mimicking other features introduced by the mod to monetize from them that the mod will just start taking them away? Nah, I'm against this move... You and GrindrGuy ultimately decide, but I wanted to share my two cents.

Reactions: Techguy777

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
The mod introduced that far before the app did. One might argue that they took it and monetized it from @GrindrGuy. Does this mean that if the app starts mimicking other features introduced by the mod to monetize from them that the mod will just start taking them away? Nah, I'm against this move... You and GrindrGuy ultimately decide, but I wanted to share my two cents.

If you want to get "super technical" about it, this feature was introduced years ago in the original app but taken away around v3.0.

EDIT: Since I do not have Grindr Xtra, if someone would like to actually send me screenshots of what this feature looks like, I may be able to re-work it so that the module provides a similar feature that is not a direct replica of the paid feature.

Last edited:

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
I found a bug.
If i see a fresh face and hi back, module ask ne to "undo last refresh"

Last edited:

willysmith

Jun 23, 2016
If you want to get "super technical" about it, this feature was introduced years ago in the original app but taken away around v3.0.

EDIT: Since I do not have Grindr Xtra, if someone would like to actually send me screenshots of what this feature looks like, I may be able to re-work it so that the module provides a similar feature that is not a direct replica of the paid feature.

Oh, wow - didn't know that! Here I thought @GrindrGuy was the genius behind it!

Don't have Xtra, but something to bring back that function making it different enough might be to have a little circle with counter in it: currently app gives you a yellow circle with the number of new messages. You could play with that idea: just a yellow dot if there are viewed messages, or include the number (?).

Along the same lines, I have a suggestion: In my area you often get a few users who don't upload a photo and you just see the generic black profile pic with no user name. Would there be any harm / Would it be possible to give those profiles a random name (user1123) so as to know which user is which?

I'm still used to swiping left/right to switch between profiles and inbox. It's annoying you actually have to tap on those now. Dunno if you can revert that behavior.

Say you're chatting with someone and you want to go back to "nearby" view. you have to go back and then tap on "nearby". It might be interesting to have that navigation bar with nearby/inbox/favs persistant throughout the app, with it autohiding and showing back up when you scroll down. This way there's an easy way to always go back to home, and we also always see if there's a new message notification.

Another suggestion I had way back when was to further customize this navbar: for example, I'd love to order it to have first favs, then nearby, then inbox, and being able to swipe between the views. At this point it might also be nice to have the option of having the navbar either on the (new) bottom or (old) top.

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for your efforts, and it's also fun to think about UI design like this!

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
Oh, wow - didn't know that! Here I thought @GrindrGuy was the genius behind it!

Don't have Xtra, but something to bring back that function making it different enough might be to have a little circle with counter in it: currently app gives you a yellow circle with the number of new messages. You could play with that idea: just a yellow dot if there are viewed messages, or include the number (?).

That's actually how the GrindrMod feature used to work, by "hijacking" the unread messages count to always display the yellow border regardless of whether the messages were unread or not.

Along the same lines, I have a suggestion: In my area you often get a few users who don't upload a photo and you just see the generic black profile pic with no user name. Would there be any harm / Would it be possible to give those profiles a random name (user1123) so as to know which user is which?

That's a really good idea.

I'm still used to swiping left/right to switch between profiles and inbox. It's annoying you actually have to tap on those now. Dunno if you can revert that behavior.

Say you're chatting with someone and you want to go back to "nearby" view. you have to go back and then tap on "nearby". It might be interesting to have that navigation bar with nearby/inbox/favs persistant throughout the app, with it autohiding and showing back up when you scroll down. This way there's an easy way to always go back to home, and we also always see if there's a new message notification.

Another suggestion I had way back when was to further customize this navbar: for example, I'd love to order it to have first favs, then nearby, then inbox, and being able to swipe between the views. At this point it might also be nice to have the option of having the navbar either on the (new) bottom or (old) top.

I'd rather not alter the UI to that extent since there may be some underlying reason for them changing it in the first place (one person suggested that the toolbar was moved to the bottom in order to encourage accidental clicks on the banner ads).

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for your efforts, and it's also fun to think about UI design like this!

No problem. Thanks for the suggestions!

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
From today Grindr crash after some seconds, but no problem without the module.
How can I send a log?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Take my money!

Looks like the app attachment was removed from this thread? I'm running 3.24.x or something just so Grindrmod will work. I'm being told when I open Grindr that I can only use that version for two more days until it is mandatory that I update to the latest version. At which point grindrmod will not work.

So, I'm looking forward to an update =_=

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
Take my money!

Looks like the app attachment was removed from this thread? I'm running 3.24.x or something just so Grindrmod will work. I'm being told when I open Grindr that I can only use that version for two more days until it is mandatory that I update to the latest version. At which point grindrmod will not work.

So, I'm looking forward to an update =_=

The NEW GrindrMod is available in the Xposed repository.

badelie

Sep 18, 2012
London
@GrindrGuyNYC, is it possible to amend the photo viewer activity (when tapping on a profile picture) to always show the Android soft-keys? Every time I tap on a profile photo to open it, I have to swipe up to show the soft-keys to go back. Starts getting annoying really fast. Thanks.

PS. GrindrMod isn't listed on Xposed module library when I check in Xposed Installer (I use the one by DVDAndroid). I had to go to the repo online to download and install manually.

GrindrGuyNYC

May 29, 2018
New York
@GrindrGuyNYC, is it possible to amend the photo viewer activity (when tapping on a profile picture) to always show the Android soft-keys? Every time I tap on a profile photo to open it, I have to swipe up to show the soft-keys to go back. Starts getting annoying really fast. Thanks.

PS. GrindrMod isn't listed on Xposed module library when I check in Xposed Installer (I use the one by DVDAndroid). I had to go to the repo online to download and install manually.

I see it just fine in the official Xposed Installer.

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
@GrindrGuyNYC I'm on oreo 8.1 with systemless xposed.
The module won't show in notification bar even if I choose show always.

Another bug (on nougat too, with "standard" xposed) is if I swipe or open a new profile module ask me to undo last refresh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New and improved GMod!

Custom location picker, inbox filters, backup/restore chats, bulk chat erase, grid layout, profile history, and more!

Please note that each release of GMod is specifically tied to a particular range of versions of the app. Each release will be guaranteed to function only with the specified versions of the app.

This release is compatible with version 5.6.0 - 5.13.2 (Skipped 5.12.0)

FEATURES:
    • Custom location picker with favorites
    • Optional persistent statusbar notification
    • Selectable 2, 3, 4 or 5-column grid layout
    • Individual control over notification sounds
    • Retain chats from blocked profiles
    • Option to show social media icons on the profile bar (long tap to copy username to clipboard)
    • Smaller "send location" button to prevent accidental sending location
    • Send on SHIFT+ENTER in chat text field (for WifiKeyboard)
    • Optional GPS Accuracy overlay on cascade
    • Darken the bottom button bar in chat view
    • Double-tap to clear text field in chat
    • Map overlay option on cascade*
    • Option to replace "Fresh Faces" with Profile History (long-tap "profile history" to clear the history)**
    • Bulk chat erase***
    • Undo the last cascade refresh by long-tapping the home tab (not for Xtra with unlimited cascade!)
    • Advanced inbox filters: filter by online users, received photos, blocks, search term, has profile photos, ads, one-sided chats
    • Received photos indicator (camera icon) option for chat inbox (tap on icon to open received photos)
    • Option to set the minimum GPS accuracy level to avoid registering a precise location
    • Option to disable sending Taps on single-tap (Prevent sending accidental taps)
    • Sort Cascade, Favorites or Explore page by online users (show online users first)
    • Remove photos sent by other users by long-tapping the photo in the chat screen
    • Long-tap social media icons to display username and copy to clipboard
    • Disable automatic deletion of older chats (truncate chats)
    • Disable smooth scroll to top for chat inbox (get to the top more quickly)
    • Inverse filters allow you to filter by "not blocked" users as well as users who have sent/received photos
    • Custom notification sounds. Tap the "Android" selection to open the Ringtone Picker.
    • Bulk tap erase (long tap on inbox tab while viewing taps)
    • Backup/Restore chats locally or to Google Drive
    • Disable Fresh Faces
    • Delete conversation from chat screen
    • Auto-generate profile display names for blank profiles
    • *NEW* Show message count on Inbox tab (can be disabled in module settings)

*Tapping on the GPS Accuracy text will display your current location as an overlay in the upper-left corner of the cascade.

**To view profile history, replace "Fresh Faces" with Profile History in module settings. Clear the profile history by long-tapping on the "PROFILE HISTORY" title.

***Long-tap the inbox tab to bring up a dialog giving you the option to bulk-erase one-sided chats before a certain date. You can also clear ALL chats at once. Bulk chat operations will respect currently set inbox filters.

Like my work? Please consider donating!

NOTE: This module does NOT unlock any paid features!! It does NOT allow you to view more guys than what your subscription allows. It merely fits more profiles on the display at once by increasing the number of columns
    in the grid.

Works for both free Grindr and GrindrXtra.

Disclaimer: This module is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the official Grindr app. It is provided for free with no warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost chats, user data, or any other problems incurred from the use of this module. GMod does not collect any personal information nor does it display advertisements of any kind. No revenue is generated or collected from the use of this software.
    I will post an update once they resolve the many issues plaguing their most recent versions.

Filters have been broken for the latest 3 versions of Grindr and it doesn't look like they are anywhere close to fixing it.
    LATEST VERSION:
    GMod 6.15.0

CHANGELOG:

• Update for Grindr 6.15.0 (Compatible with versions 6.3.0 - 6.15.0, no 6.13.0)
    LATEST VERSION:
    GMod 6.12.1

CHANGELOG:

• Update for Grindr 6.12.1 (Compatible with versions 6.3.0 - 6.12.1)

EDIT: Sorry there was a typo in the original post. Update for Grindr *6.12.1
    LATEST VERSION:
    GMod 6.13.1

CHANGELOG:

• Update for Grindr 6.13.1 (Compatible with versions 6.3.0 - 6.13.1, no 6.13.0)