Leapdroid - a brand new and most performing Android virtual machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

huisinro

Hi All,

We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:

http://www.leapdroid.com

From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.

Check it out!

gapps_setup3.jpg

Last edited:
H

HyperLoop_WuWuWu

Booting Speed is really amazing

I tried using several android emulators such as B****, G*****. Tried this new one. Having not gone through intensive usage now, I am already shocked by its launching speed. Amazing! Really beats others. It is a fresh boot, not like B****'s not shutting down and faking instant boot.

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid,...

That looks awesome!!
One question: (You would rock some worlds with that)
Could you somehow release a version compiled for arm-thumb2 so windows-rt-JB users could finally open android apps on their first gen surface RT <3

Probably impossible, but I never give up the hope :)

Reactions: huisinro

huisinro

Hi Blade,

Thanks for the nice suggestions. A thinner run-time version that can run on ARM systems is definitely our direction, but it will take quite sometime to implement. For the moment, we are focusing on developing a new generation of android virtual machine on X86 architecture. As you may have noted, current android virtual machines are still not that compatible if compared with a real android device, many apps still don't run well inside emulators. Leapdroid will lead in these aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIade
H

HyperLoop_WuWuWu

Run very smoothly so far. Is there a way to install apps without using Google account?
Assuming you have your APK ready:
I've found the following information on their website h t t p : / / leapdroid . com / helpcenter . html. It seems that they reply on standard adb to install programs.
I typically use apkmirror to download APKs. What kind of channel do you use?

BTW: I do not understand XDA does not let me to post web links. Maybe for safety reason....

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'd love to try this, but I feel very suspicious.

There's no "about" page on the Leapdroid website, so we don't know who we are giving our Google Account credentials to when we login.

Three of the comments on this thread were written by new members who signed up just after this thread was started... that's a red flag for me.

huisinro

If you look at my profile, you will see I am not new, you can also google my name, will find out.

Our website will have more info soon, we are a VC funded company, located in Fremont, California. I did Android vm a few years back, also released here, please check my old posts.

We have another thread, which is here, with more comments:

http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/android-4-4-free-leapdroid-super-fast-t3404640

I'd love to try this, but I feel very suspicious.

There's no "about" page on the Leapdroid website, so we don't know who we are giving our Google Account credentials to when we login.

Three of the comments on this thread were written by new members who signed up just after this thread was started... that's a red flag for me.

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you look at my profile, you will see I am not new, you can also google my name, will find out.

Our website will have more info soon, we are a VC funded company, located in Fremont, California. I did Android vm a few years back, also released here, please check my old posts.

We have another thread, which is here, with more comments:

http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/android-4-4-free-leapdroid-super-fast-t3404640

I appreciate the info. I'll keep an eye on this project and will reconsider installing it once more info is put up on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:

http://www.leapdroid.com

From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.

Check it out!

gapps_setup3.jpg
    Here is a video with Leapdroid playing a few games, including a shooting game. This video demonstrates the advanced key mapping feature.

I forgot to mention that our vm supports multiple instances. After installations, two android virtual machines will be created.
    Has been looking around for a VM to play Minecraft. This is the only capable so far.
    Thanks, Leapdroid!
    We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid,...

That looks awesome!!
    One question: (You would rock some worlds with that)
    Could you somehow release a version compiled for arm-thumb2 so windows-rt-JB users could finally open android apps on their first gen surface RT <3

Probably impossible, but I never give up the hope :)