[Q] Can' flash CWM or custom ROM

Search This thread

Senorcoco

Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

I realize this issue must have been asked before but I couldn't find the fix through the forum.

I'm trying to flash my Galaxys S3 (I9300 International Version) but nothing seems to work.

I go into recovery and try to unzip the latest CWM (here) but all I get is a 'signature verification failed'.
I try to install CWM recovery through the app but it says 'an error occured while flashing your recovery'.

When I try to flash this ROM (here), CM11, from recovery, after a full factory reset I get 'failed to verify whole-file signature' & 'signature verification failed'.

So that leaves me stuck at the beginning ...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

I realize this issue must have been asked before but I couldn't find the fix through the forum.

I'm trying to flash my Galaxys S3 (I9300 International Version) but nothing seems to work.

I go into recovery and try to unzip the latest CWM (here) but all I get is a 'signature verification failed'.

When I try to flash this ROM (here), CM11, from recovery, after a full factory reset I get 'failed to verify whole-file signature' & 'signature verification failed'.

So that leaves me stuck at the beginning ...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Lemme guess. U are on stock recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you. :)

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
I am, but I can't get into CMW recovery either, not through the app.
I just get an error when it reaches a 100%.
Should I buy the touch version from the store?

U cannot flash tat zip file from the link u posted first with stock recovery. Tat must be flashed from cwm recovery. Use ROM manager from play store. Then flash the recovery zip file then the rom.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you. :)

Reactions: Senorcoco

Senorcoco

Dec 24, 2013
U cannot flash tat zip file from the link u posted first with stock recovery. Tat must be flashed from cwm recovery. Use ROM manager from play store. Then flash the recovery zip file then the rom.

I have installed ROM manager, but the app doesn't let me flash or do anything.
It gives me an error when I select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery ... an error occured while flashing your recovery
But no further info ...

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
It gives me an error when I select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery ... an error occured while flashing your recovery
But no further info ...

Are u rooted?

Reactions: Senorcoco

Jacky0501

Jan 3, 2013
You need to flash CWM through Odin in order to flash other stuff (.zip file to root, etc.). You can dig up guides on the internet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am, but I can't get into CMW recovery either, not through the app.
    I just get an error when it reaches a 100%.
    Should I buy the touch version from the store?

But no further info ...

Are u rooted?