[REF]ERROR CODES AND SOLUTIONS - for ROM Update Utility[ONLINE]

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Hi,

I noticed a lot of people are having issues flashing their ROMs and posting the same question over and over. Why don't we have a list where people can look up their error code and then have a suggestion for a solution. We could link this list from the main sticky thread. Thus they don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over about Error 270 etc.. It could also be a useful reference to others.

Common RUU Error Codes for Elf/Elfin:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Elf_RUU_Error_Codes

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2007
Riga
Hello!
I got absolutely working elf100.

after varios kind of cid unlockers (soft uspl by Oli, JumpSPL, and the new one patched 1.19.xxx) i have PROBABLY cid unlocked device .mtty says:

password BsaD5SeoA
Pass.

+ SD Controller init

- SD Controller init

+StorageInit

SDInit+++
SDCmd8 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDInit - SD ver1.0
SDCmd1 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDCmd55 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
CMD55 failed
g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0

HTCEType (0x1)(Operation mode flag): cOpModeFlag=(0x0).

Type (0x2)(Back color flag): cBackColorShowFlag=(0x1).

Type (0x5)(Background color value): g_wBColor=(0xC618) (0xC0C0C0).

HTCST
Cmd>

but when i try to write any rom i got Error 294 - invalid vendor ID....
what i supose to do?

and @ this moment
ipl:1.19.0002
spl:1.19.0000

feels like Chtulhu starts eatin brain :D

Last edited by a moderator:

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
Hi :)

thanks for fast answer :)

i try to flash oiginal russian rom.

all the same phone is supercid, but update says error 294

Well may it will helps.

As your device says: g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0

It means that it's half unlocked, so your device most show g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 00 to be complete unlocked, at this point you can flash cooked or dumped ROM and a few shipped roms but not all (that's your case).

You can do...

1st way - flash your device with the USPL on this thread, once you get your device unlocked flash it with any ROM. Once you have flashed your desired rom flash it with any version of SPL - IPL that you want.

2nd way - Get or build a dumped version of that RUS version rom that you want and flash it. May by you can find dumped or cooked versions of RUS roms here:

http://4pda.ru/
http://www.htc-support.ru/

Good Luck bud.

P.S. If you cant find any RUS rom i could build a dumped version for you just let me know.

Jul 18, 2007
Riga
mystically :D
solved after many tries with cooked Elf_Rus_2.30.003.0B. rom

without using USPL. , so i think seclevel also can be "0" not only "00"
strange thing is why after supercid does not accept "other" original roms, like other same (elf) devices...

anyway , THANKS to all ;)

Ameet

Retired Moderator
Dec 15, 2007
Mumbai
Hey Dsixda. I suggest you keep this thread updated so that it stays on page 1 ;) That way the newcomers wont find it difficult to find the RUU error code information they seek

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Kudos

Was looking for a good video of how to express my personal appreciation of how the ELF Forum Outstanding in it's user politeness and Information collecting/providing and team work.

And then i Bumped into this Video that i never saw in it's integrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkELRp4wKPs

This is for all of you

Kudos.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
LOL much appreciated, but not the video :)

I like the We Will We Will Rock You bit.

Because ELF forum is this silently growing next generation XDA users.

There's people really testing, learning how to patch SPL's, Cooking and Especially interested in learning and documenting.

And just plain great people.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Hi guys, the Wiki is still being updated. You can contribute with your own info as well if you find new error codes w/ solution.

xMissy

Aug 14, 2008
HTC Touch Breakdown

Hello guys!

I just upgraded my touch to the touch surface 1.31 software. Everything went fine, but as soon as i put the sd card back, the phone restarts and gives the smart screen. After that, I reinstalled an original ROM, then installed the touch surface again (because there was a fault on the sd card, which i fixed) but now i have the same problem. You guys think it's the sd card which causes the problems?

Now the 2nd problem is, when I start the phone, i directly get the bootscreen (with those colors). USB connectivity is ok (not with activesync, but just to flash it) The problem is, the original rom which i used first does not install...
It gets to 3% and says ERROR 294: INVALID VENDER ID.
I'm getting really desperate and it made me suffer a big headache,, Does someone know what to do?

Thx in advance!

xMissy

Aug 14, 2008
Thank you for your fast reply!

The thread u posted says for me:

ERROR 294 (Invalid Vendor ID):

Device is half CID-unlocked, so your device is likely showing g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0 in MTTY. To be completely unlocked (00), flash the proper USPL onto your device.

How can i flash the prober uspl onto my device then?

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Thank you for your fast reply!

The thread u posted says for me:

ERROR 294 (Invalid Vendor ID):

Device is half CID-unlocked, so your device is likely showing g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0 in MTTY. To be completely unlocked (00), flash the proper USPL onto your device.

How can i flash the prober uspl onto my device then?

Did you flash any USPL to get the Touch Surface installed on your device?
You might have an Elf and flashed the Elfin USPL (which is wrong). Or You have an Elfin and flashed the Efl USPL (wrong again). Anyways, check the sticky thread at the top of the page.. the one that says "AVOID CONFUSION AND DAMAGE".. ;)

xMissy

Aug 14, 2008
Ah you are right.

I have flashed the ELF_USPL_1.17.0000 on it, but as you told, i appear to have an elfin (128/256).

What do you suggest i should do?

BTW, the Bootscreen says:
IPL 2.20.0002
SPL 2.26.0000

Maybe that information will help?

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Ah you are right.

I have flashed the ELF_USPL_1.17.0000 on it, but as you told, i appear to have an elfin (128/256).

What do you suggest i should do?

BTW, the Bootscreen says:
IPL 2.20.0002
SPL 2.26.0000

Maybe that information will help?

Your bootscreen still says 2.26, so that means you don't have 1.17 (the patched SPL, or also known as USPL) on it.

Unzip the following file..

- Copy Cert_SPCS.cab and EnableRapi.cab to your device, run them and then reset your device.
- Remove SIM card and memory card.
- Run elf-uspl.exe in Windows, wait for the white screen and then let the Rom Update Utility flash IPL 2.27 and USPL 2.28.
- If the white screen does not appear, reset and run elf-uspl.exe again.
- Now you can flash any cooked ROM you want straight from the Rom Update Utility (no need to remove anything or wait for a white screen.. just run the Utility to flash it, that's all)

Good luck.

Attachments

• IPL_2.27_USPL_2.28.0000.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:

xMissy

Aug 14, 2008
Well this all won't work :(

I found out that i have:

Device ID: ELF010050
CID ID: HTC__E11

The problem is I can't find an original rom for it, so if anyone has it, PLEASE upload it :rolleyes: this would help me and many more people

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Well this all won't work :(

I found out that i have:

Device ID: ELF010050
CID ID: HTC__E11

The problem is I can't find an original rom for it, so if anyone has it, PLEASE upload it :rolleyes: this would help me and many more people

What do you mean it won't work? You have to be more specific if anyone can help you. What did you do and what error message, etc. did you see?

EDIT: I forgot that you are stuck at the boot loader. So all you need to do is simply run the RomUpdateUtility (don't run Cert or EnableRapi or elf-uspl.exe) and flash the ROM instead. Did you try that?

Last edited:

xMissy

Aug 14, 2008
Yupp, I tried that. I've tried many rom's but all won't work. Sometimes i get the wrong id error, sometimes vendor id, it's all because the roms were not for my touch (i think). It's really hard to fix this :eek: i've spent 3 days searching all over the internet and this forum, but still no cure..

I guess i just need an original rom for dev/cid: ELF010050/HTC__E11
Too bad it's nowhere on the internet :eek: