Third party instagram app

Search This thread

TheOrangeRemix

Apr 26, 2012
Hello,

I am looking for a third party Instagram replacement app because I am not the biggest fan of the official Instagram UI, since it looks iOSish. I tried searching but all I found were Instagram widgets and Instagram pic downloaders, but not interested in any of that stuff. I'm kinda looking for a true third party app, similar to Falcon Pro and Carbon apps for Twitter. Is there anything out there?

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
A flat theme would be nice. Maybe like how the new Facebook flat theme looks? Something similar?

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
New flat theme hmmm. I've done this so far, just trying new stuff seeing which looks the best. Mind you this isn't complete so there are unthemed bits.

Progress so far.

#Tab Layout
#Action Bar
#Selected/pressed/standard buttons.
#Blurred Login
#new icon

mutyjy6y.jpg

Plus, please post some themes or pictures or any types of concepts, like the flat fb theme suggested. I will try and see what fits.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,

I am looking for a third party Instagram replacement app because I am not the biggest fan of the official Instagram UI, since it looks iOSish. I tried searching but all I found were Instagram widgets and Instagram pic downloaders, but not interested in any of that stuff. I'm kinda looking for a true third party app, similar to Falcon Pro and Carbon apps for Twitter. Is there anything out there?

Download Padgram from Play Store

TheOrangeRemix

Apr 26, 2012
The flat theme looks nice! Not sure if it will be possible to use text tabs instead of icon tabs and be able to swipe between them. Good job so far.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Working on transparent status bar and nav ;) I may remove the nav bar bit as the overlay on the dark background will mess things up.

Progress so far:

a5umapet.jpg

The flat theme looks nice! Not sure if it will be possible to use text tabs instead of icon tabs and be able to swipe between them. Good job so far.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes it's possible to change the icons to text :) but I'm not quite sure on how the text will fit properly as it will over lap the tab contents and if I resize the text it will be far to small.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No one seems to make clients. But I'm fairly alright at modding layouts, I could give it a go. Add holo black. Grey, or white. Or anything.

New flat theme hmmm. I've done this so far, just trying new stuff seeing which looks the best. Mind you this isn't complete so there are unthemed bits.

Progress so far.

#Tab Layout
    #Action Bar
    #Selected/pressed/standard buttons.
    #Blurred Login
    #new icon

mutyjy6y.jpg

Plus, please post some themes or pictures or any types of concepts, like the flat fb theme suggested. I will try and see what fits.

Awesome idea. The people would love it.

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

I will, start later when I'm free.