[q] bricked android..different kinda android

Search This thread

kizitombano

Jul 26, 2014
Hello..just recently, i got an android that was bbm pre loaded..it a new type of android.its called the b.elite2..and everytime i tried to update bbm, it told me unable to install please uninstall a previous copy of the app and try again and since it was a system app i rotted my phone and used a software to remove it but i made a backup when i removed it and tried to install from the app store, it says incompatible update and i felt it had something to do with the system config so i edited BUILD.PROP file and made a backup BUILD.PROP.BAK but when i rebooted my phone, it got stock on the boot logo..the problem i have right now is that i cannot write to the system..i was able To copy the BUILD.PROP.BAK from the system and rename it to BUILD.PROP but whenever i try to to do an adb push, i get
FAILED TO COPY. READ ONLY FILE SYSTEM
did some research and was told to mount as read write but whenever i tried that, i got
OPERATION NOT PERMITTED
i just cannot write to the system..i also tried using commands to rename the build.prop file to the former name and still no luck.
and i'm doing all this from something called factory mode never seen that before..when i try to boot into recovery to just restarts and goes back and gets stuck on the boot logo..fast boot is the same story..
PLEASE THIS IS A NEW PHONE..CAN ANYONE HELP ME???WHAT CAN I DO??

Attachments

• B.ELITE2.jpg
    B.ELITE2.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 25

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
You have to be careful when editing the Build.prop. The only option I can think of is find a stock ROM for your phone. Or try and Fastboot/ADB flash a custom recovery so that you can flash a ROM if any are available for your device. Google is your friend search for some custom recoverys and ROMs for your phone. It might be a little hard since your particular device is considered Chinese branded or foreign branded. So it really doesn't get alot of attention from devs. Next time whenever you are making changes to your phone besure you have a backup via custom recovery .

kizitombano

Jul 26, 2014
saw this post late

You have to be careful when editing the Build.prop. The only option I can think of is find a stock ROM for your phone. Or try and Fastboot/ADB flash a custom recovery so that you can flash a ROM if any are available for your device. Google is your friend search for some custom recoverys and ROMs for your phone. It might be a little hard since your particular device is considered Chinese branded or foreign branded. So it really doesn't get alot of attention from devs. Next time whenever you are making changes to your phone besure you have a backup via custom recovery .

i flashed a wrong rom to my mt6582 device and now it s completely dead.
and i looked virtually everywhere for a rom for my phone but could.nt find any but i remembered that when i was rooting my phone, it was identified as htc so i was wondering that just maybe the device was just given a different name you know..
so i want to ask if its possible to know what device it is and if its possible to put the rom for another device on aother one..

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
i flashed a wrong rom to my mt6582 device and now it s completely dead.
and i looked virtually everywhere for a rom for my phone but could.nt find any but i remembered that when i was rooting my phone, it was identified as htc so i was wondering that just maybe the device was just given a different name you know..
so i want to ask if its possible to know what device it is and if its possible to put the rom for another device on aother one..
I just searched it. Its a Media Tek Device. Not a HTC. The manufacturer might have some HTC code in the build.prop but its not actually and HTC device. Google Search "Media Tek MT6582 ROMS"

kizitombano

Jul 26, 2014
I just searched it. Its a Media Tek Device. Not a HTC. The manufacturer might have some HTC code in the build.prop but its not actually and HTC device. Google Search "Media Tek MT6582 ROMS"

well i've found the rom i actually had someone of the same phone send me an mtk back up and i flashed it to my device using sp flash and also made sure that i unchecked the preloader, cache and user data...after i flashed it and started the phone it got stuck on the boot logo i left it like that overnight and there was still no change..i booted into the recovery and i got this dead android logo with a red triangle.i did some research and i discovered that i could make a cwm with mtk droid it cant be created unless the device is connected and has root access but i cant do any of that since my device is stuck on the logo...need help!!!