[ROM][CWM][Stock, 0 Bloat, KJ2] -B2TB- Welcome to the Grid [v2.5](2/14/12)

Search This thread

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
I'm on simple mobile and have the apn straight and when the downage occurred it didn't change. Weird stuff indeed but meh... oh well better to clear out the dalvik instead of doing a full wipe.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
Enhancements.......

Best and most stable rom for this device "." ill post you a script that will actually change the read ahead cache if you like (it is still @ 128 as apposed to your "2048" script) sys/devices/virtual/bdi/137:0/read_ahead_kb If you want to check. That is my only complaint, not a knock on your rom but just pointing it out to you in case you just overlooked it. good work overall, I like the stock feel and overall performance and reliability.

For People wanting to raise their read ahead cache to 1024 vrs 128. In My Opinion (for what it's worth any Value over 1024 is overkill) I have found no Rom here that actually changes the read ahead cache
-download attached file
-Remove the ".txt" extension
-load onto sd card
-Using Root Explorer navigate to system/etc/init.d and delete the s77tweaks script.
-Now move my Script to the same directory where you deleted the script. (system/etc/init.d)
-Set permissions to the same as everything else in that directory (rwxr-xr-x)
-Reboot 2x
-You can check by going to sys/devices/virtual/bdi/137:0/read_ahead_kb

*You WILL Notice The Biggest Difference in How Fast The Gallery loads*

For people who want an ad free experience (who wants ads slowing down their internet and building useless cache This HOST file will remove most ads from app's and Web Pages)
-Remove the ".zip" Extension
-simply move to system/etc and overwrite the existing HOST file.
-set permissions to rw-r-r and reboot
-enjoy an ad free Experience!

*REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE FILE EXTENSION ON BOTH FILES, HAD TO AD THEM IN ORDER TO UPLOAD THEM HERE*

Attachments

• 77sd_enhancer360.txt
    619 bytes · Views: 60
  • hosts.zip
    904 KB · Views: 31
  • CAP201202271313.jpg
    CAP201202271313.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

MrKickstand

May 31, 2011
West Boylston, MA
Best and most stable rom for this device "." ill post you a script that will actually change the read ahead cache if you like (it is still @ 128 as apposed to your "2048" script) sys/devices/virtual/bdi/137:0/read_ahead_kb If you want to check. That is my only complaint, not a knock on your rom but just pointing it out to you in case you just overlooked it. good work overall, I like the stock feel and overall performance and reliability.

For People wanting to raise their read ahead cache to 1024 vrs 128. In My Opinion (for what it's worth any Value over 1024 is overkill) I have found no Rom here that actually changes the read ahead cache
-download attached file
-Remove the ".txt" extension
-load onto sd card
-Using Root Explorer navigate to system/etc/init.d and delete the s77tweaks script.
-Now move my Script to the same directory where you deleted the script. (system/etc/init.d)
-Set permissions to the same as everything else in that directory (rwxr-xr-x)
-Reboot 2x
-You can check by going to sys/devices/virtual/bdi/137:0/read_ahead_kb

*You WILL Notice The Biggest Difference in How Fast The Gallery loads*

For people who want an ad free experience (who wants ads slowing down their internet and building useless cache This HOST file will remove most ads from app's and Web Pages)
-Remove the ".zip" Extension
-simply move to system/etc and overwrite the existing HOST file.
-set permissions to rw-r-r and reboot
-enjoy an ad free Experience!

*REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE FILE EXTENSION ON BOTH FILES, HAD TO AD THEM IN ORDER TO UPLOAD THEM HERE*

I'll implement it, and I know your not knocking it, ill accept all the help to make this rom better and better so feel free to speak your mind and add things.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Reactions: nickmcminn60

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
I'll implement it, and I know your not knocking it, ill accept all the help to make this rom better and better so feel free to speak your mind and add things.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

This is what I'm running, until I get more time (cleaned it up a little, runs perfect for my needs right now.) It's all about working together and not a competition or we will never get 2.3. I just don't have the time I used to, and what time I do have Im recovering from a HD crash. If I have time this evening, ill write you a build prop and if you like it and performs well, you are welcome to implement.

ANYTHING I POST IS FREE FOR ANYONE TO USE, JUST DON'T PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!​

MrKickstand

May 31, 2011
West Boylston, MA
This is what I'm running, until I get more time (cleaned it up a little, runs perfect for my needs right now.) It's all about working together and not a competition or we will never get 2.3. I just don't have the time I used to, and what time I do have Im recovering from a HD crash. If I have time this evening, ill write you a build prop and if you like it and performs well, you are welcome to implement.

ANYTHING I POST IS FREE FOR ANYONE TO USE, JUST DON'T PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!​

I'm sorry to hear, but i completly agree, thats why i welcome all the help i can get with this. We need as many developers to work with as we can get, every unique opinion will help. So take what you want or do what you want to do to this ROM just give me credit and not try to hijack it.

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
I'm sorry to hear, but i completly agree, thats why i welcome all the help i can get with this. We need as many developers to work with as we can get, every unique opinion will help. So take what you want or do what you want to do to this ROM just give me credit and not try to hijack it.

I'm not a terrorist, so no worries there, Ill start with aoteddys deodexed KJ2 just like you did for my 2.2.1. Just noticed your thanks meter and a few things in the rom, and thought you might could use some insight. I know you can't always go by the thank's meter. Just trying to help, I should have just PM'ed you instead of making this conversation public. Thing is these work with all 2.2.1-2.3.7 builds for any rom with init.d support, so it's not just your rom that the read ahead doesn't change., there are others. Our Rom's may end up looking similar but I assure you I will not use your rom as a base ;-) I won't post anything else here. Ill share it in my thread, so it doesn't look like I'm knocking your rom. (Which I am not in any way) Just posted those files to fix a problem on a Rom I am running and others may want their "rac" upped, but like I said that script is free for you or any other developer/user to use who are having problems getting the "rac" to change.
nickmcminn60

Last edited:

MrKickstand

May 31, 2011
West Boylston, MA
I'm not a terrorist, so no worries there, Ill start with aoteddys deodexed KJ2 just like you did for my 2.2.1. Just noticed your thanks meter and a few things in the rom, and thought you might could use some insight. I know you can't always go by the thank's meter. Just trying to help, I should have just PM'ed you instead of making this conversation public. Thing is these work with all 2.2.1-2.3.7 builds for any rom with init.d support, so it's not just your rom that the read ahead doesn't change., there are others. Our Rom's may end up looking similar but I assure you I will not use your rom as a base ;-) I won't post anything else here. Ill share it in my thread, so it doesn't look like I'm knocking your rom. (Which I am not in any way) Just posted those files to fix a problem on a Rom I am running and others may want their "rac" upped, but like I said that script is free for you or any other developer/user to use who are having problems getting the "rac" to change.
nickmcminn60

Like I said, I know your not knocking the rom, the sidekick is naturally buggy. So post what you want all help and feedback is welcomed.

Sent from my LG G2x

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
Like I said, I know your not knocking the rom, the sidekick is naturally buggy. So post what you want all help and feedback is welcomed.

Sent from my LG G2x

Ok cool I'm going to lunch then I have class, I'll try to release mine by the weekend, It shouldn't be buggy at all (any more than stock) conflicting scripts/build edit's are the leading cause for bug's and can also effect boot time. I bought mine used and every once and a while my screen becomes unresponsive, and I have to lock/unlock phone but that's the only bug I have at this point. Haven't done enough reading to see if others have this issue, but it does it on ANY Rom. If it is a known issue I'll see if I can look into it.

d3xtro.

Dec 26, 2011
I bought mine used and every once and a while my screen becomes unresponsive, and I have to lock/unlock phone but that's the only bug I have at this point. Haven't done enough reading to see if others have this issue, but it does it on ANY Rom. If it is a known issue I'll see if I can look into it.
Just throwing it out there, I've had the screen unresponsiveness to where I would lock and unlock the phone too. I haven't had the problem so much lately, but it happens.

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
Have the same issue with mine, and the guy who sold it to me bought his brand new and had the same problem. Partr of the reason why he was selling it... I think Samsung simply dropped the ball on this product.

newbieandroid

Mar 25, 2011

Jax184

Nov 22, 2007
Vancouver
www.jax184.com
Mine's holding up nicely as well. KD1 was running sluggishly by now, but B2TB is still pretty smooth. I'm especially impressed that it remains functional if I let it go for a week without restarting. Under stock KD1 I was restarting every other day to keep it tolerable.

It would be nice to see another update to tide us over while we watch the CM7 progress.

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
Yeah that's a known bug for the lockscreen

EDIT (thought this was GOV2 thread lol): maybe autoratate is disabled?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Top Development News For This Rom

The new update is up :D

Also, I'm going to start puting a theme on this rom, as you might be able to tell from the title, it will be Tron based. The colors ill release with it are going to be are, a Blue Version and a Orange Version. Blue will be calld the Users theme and the Orange will be called Progams.

Glossary
    (use CTRL+F and enter the designated letter plus number and hit letter for each section. Example CTRL+F - A.3 - Enter)

A.1 - About The Rom
    A.2 - Features And Bugs
    A.3 - Requirements and Installation
    A.4 - Upcoming Features
    A.5 - Change Log
    A.6 - Credits And thanks
    A.7 - Updates And Current Progress
    A.8 - Add-On's And Goodies

Whats in the rom:
    Basically its all stock KJ2 with some tweaks to the build.prop, almost no bloat ware from tmobile, and added Apps that i personally like, but, subjected to removal if requested often. Some of these apps include WiFi Kill, Skype(modded for Froyo), and XDA.

Whats the point of making this rom:
    The main reason i built this is that i love the stock UI if this phone, i love how unique it is, how its built around texting, and how nice it looks, but, there was too much bloat restricting it. I built on the KJ2 Deodex and removed the bloatware (well the stupidly useless one's), along with adding apps that i use on a daily basis like Skype and XDA. Along on my journeys of looking around on these forums, i found tweaks that could be very useful in the rom that i added to it.

Fast and Smooth
    Most Recent Build
    Facebook Messenger App
    Stable
    Stock Sidekick UI
    Theme Chooser
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276"]V6 Supercharged![/URL]
    All The Original Features

Code:
    [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][B][U]Bugs[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    Anything else feel free to report.

Version 2.5
    Download Here

Requirements
    A Rooted SK4G
    CWM Recovery
    B2TB_v2.5.zip

Instructions
    1. Dowload Zip File (Located Above)
    2. Wipe/Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Dalvik

4. CHECK YOUR MOUNTS! THEY SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!
    unmount /cache
    mount /data
    mount /sdcard <-- Sometimes Doesnt Show, Thats Fine!
    mount /sd-ext
    unmount /system

5. Flash Rom
    6. Wipe Dalvik
    7. Reboot
    8. This Isnt Required But Recomended! Let your phone sit for 5 minutes after you turn it back on after flashing, then reboot it. Your phone will run A LOT faster!
    9. Enjoy!
    IT WILL ALSO HELP IF YOU PARTITION YOUR SD CARD BEFORE FLASHING

Non-Stock Kernel
    More Font's
    More Theme's
    Custom Start Animation
    Custom Shutdown Image
    Start Up/Down Sound
    User Requested Features
    Misc Tweaks
    What Ever Else Comes To Mind

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B][U]Version 1.0[/U][/B][/SIZE]
    Original Release 
    Useless Bloatware Removes
    Misc Build.Prop Tweaks
    Modified Skype Added
    Added XDA App

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B][U]Version 1.5[/U][/B][/SIZE]
    Fixed The Major Bugs
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276"]V6 Supercharger Added[/URL]
    Init.D added
    Application Install Problem
    Application Randomly Disapearing Fix
    Removed Added Apps (will re add next update)

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B][U] Version 2.0[/U][/B][/SIZE]
    Newer Version of [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276"]V6 Supercharger[/URL]
    New Edits To Build.prop
    Platypus Egg v1 Kernel Added

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B][U]Version 2.5[/U][/B][/SIZE]
    V6 Fully Working
    EVERY useless app removed
    VooDoo Plus Added
    Re-Written build.prop
    Init.d Tweaks

Ayoteddy for providing the Stock KJ2 Stock Deodex
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328698

Currently Working On And Its Progress

Theme...but its winning the fight...

Modified Skype For Froyo, Works with The SK4G, Just extract and install file from SD.
    -
    Battery Calibration, use for better battery life, instructions are in the application and are self explanatory.
    -
    Hulu on the sidekick :D
    -
    Battery Calibration Tool so your batter will last longer
    Time to give this one a shot. Looking forward to the performace, possible end to the force close, and the violent thoughts to stop haha
    With 2.5 out I've taken the plunge. I had to odin back to stock and then flash it, as my first attempt resulted in it not booting, but then it worked.

I notice that this ROM has the double boot animation problem, where it plays both the Sidekick boot animation and the shiny "android," overlapping each other.
    The swoopy sidekick animation is in /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg and the shiny Android logo is in /system/bin/bootanimation. Renaming or deleting either of these will cause the other one to play on its own.

I also noticed that the version of Super User that comes with this ROM is very out of date. Simple enough to fix, but if you're a perfectionist, it would be easy to stuff in a newer one.

When I first fired up Titanium Backup manager it gave an error about the SU binary/busybox being wrong. After updating superuser and restarting, it went away.

This may be a matter of preference, but if you want to get rid of that shrill screeching noise that tells you to unplug the phone when the battery's charged to save power (Despite the fact that doing so will use more power in the long run and wear out the battery much sooner,) you can delete /system/media/audio/ui/TW_Battery_caution.ogg.

Otherwise things seem to be looking pretty good! I hope to see more of your work in the future.
    I know there's /system/media/audio/ui/shutdown.ogg. I don't know if there's a copy for the startup as well.
    How do u get those settings to appear in the notification pull-down?

On the status update on the notification bar there is an arrow all the way in the right push it and it will give you those options.