[Q] Is my HTC One bricked?

Search This thread

serrano4

Jul 2, 2012
Hello,

I have the HTC One (M7) from AT&T. The phone has never been rooted and I have not yet unlocked it bootloader. I have not done any of these modifications to it. I was simply using it when it turned off and then got really hot.

When I try to turn it on, the screen stays black even though it vibrates after 15 secs (like when it turns on). If I connect it to a wall charger the screen turns on with the battery icon and the red light blinking. I have drained the battery and tried the battery calibration trick (holding power and the vol + - buttons while using a bright light) and it has not worked.

When I plug it to my Windows PC it is not recognized except for today when it got recognized while I tried the battery calibration trick but the driver that was installed was something like this: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. I read in another thread that a user went through the same thin and some of the comments simply recommended him to take it to a store or that his motherboard was fried.

Is my phone bricked? Since I am not yet sure about this. And if not, is there a way to bring it back?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello,

I have the HTC One (M7) from AT&T. The phone has never been rooted and I have not yet unlocked it bootloader. I have not done any of these modifications to it. I was simply using it when it turned off and then got really hot.

When I try to turn it on, the screen stays black even though it vibrates after 15 secs (like when it turns on). If I connect it to a wall charger the screen turns on with the battery icon and the red light blinking. I have drained the battery and tried the battery calibration trick (holding power and the vol + - buttons while using a bright light) and it has not worked.

When I plug it to my Windows PC it is not recognized except for today when it got recognized while I tried the battery calibration trick but the driver that was installed was something like this: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. I read in another thread that a user went through the same thin and some of the comments simply recommended him to take it to a store or that his motherboard was fried.

Is my phone bricked? Since I am not yet sure about this. And if not, is there a way to bring it back?

unfortunately QHSUSB_DLOAD mode means, as you said, a defective motherboard. You'll have to send the phone for repair.

sorry.

Reactions: serrano4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

unfortunately QHSUSB_DLOAD mode means, as you said, a defective motherboard. You'll have to send the phone for repair.

sorry.