[Firmware] Deodexed Stock XXJVT, CWM and Odin

Search This thread

sargorn

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2010
Osaka-shi
Hi @ramad, good to have you back i always use your deodexed versions of firmwares, but what happened with latest versions like jvr, jvs you never work on those? Why? there was a problem with them? because i think i remember someone says that the latest deodexed firmwares were broken and make browser lag. Is this version good enough to make it deodexed? it is safe to flash it?

Thanks!

Ramad did deodex JVR, just not JVS.

There was a bug where the tools used to deodex were out of date around when JVR came out. baksmali and smali have since been updated and so the browser lag bug has been fixed.

This version (JVT) is like any other version you find on these forums. Flash at your own risk and backup first.

gggirj

Feb 12, 2011
Tel Aviv
something strange happening, I trying to do RTL fix, the phone start boot looping.

I trying to apply Andrenaline tweak the phone is boot loop, any changes I make to files the phone boot loop

someone have idea why?

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
I think you will need to flash a custom kernel with CWM

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Can i flash the cwm packager over jvs ?

is it safe to flash cf root for jvt (when it's available) ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Vanto

Here are the Odin and CWM packages of the deodexed XXJVT firmware.

The Odin package leaves the freedom of flashing any Modem and CSC files to you, please try to use only GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC files.

I have updated it with the latest Gmail, Maps, Market, and the latest Superuser application and su binary (3.0) are included.

what 'bout MultiCSC ???
is it ??? BGL, BHT, CNX, COA, ERO, KOR, MKO, MSR, MTL, ORO, ROM, SIM, SMO, TMT, TOP, TRA, TSR, TWO, VIM, VIP, VVT :confused:

to be precise I need VIM version

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Hi Ramad,

welcome back :D thank you for your release, I will try it this evening...

Kind regards,
ww

Nick502

Jan 20, 2011
Pff Stuck at Galaxy S screen. for 30 mins now

Edit: I had to be on RFS right ? Stock deodexed doesn't work on EXT4 ?

Last edited:

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Hey man, just wanted to let you know I borrowed your CWM package and brought it over to the Captivate side. I had to replace the kernel with a cappy compatible one, but that's the only change. Thanks for doing this and doing it so FAST!!:)

Credited you in the OP.

Thanks for your words :) The deodexed firmware is for you guys, you don't have to tell me what you do with it and you can share it and modify it if you want as much as you like.

Hi @ramad, good to have you back i always use your deodexed versions of firmwares, but what happened with latest versions like jvr, jvs you never work on those? Why? there was a problem with them? because i think i remember someone says that the latest deodexed firmwares were broken and make browser lag. Is this version good enough to make it deodexed? it is safe to flash it?

Thanks!

Please read a few lines below :)

@Ramad---I am a big fan of yours and would be eternally thankful to you for enhancing my sgs experience.
Having said that,my current curiousity stems from the fact that while you had steadfastly refused to deodex leaked firmware and even went to the extent of pulling out a JVQ that you had initially posted,what has made you change your stand and deodex JVT so quickly?
My inference would be that you have verified and found that everything is clean as a whistle with this leaked fw but wish to see a line from you too.
By the way,I have gone ahead to download and will be flashing your version sooner than later!!!!
Best wishes and thanks a million!:D:D

I have deodexed XXJVR but not the leaked one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1226138 , for reasons regarding leaked XXJVR-XXJVS firmwares I did not deodexed them, those of you that follow my threads remember that I did de-odex XXJVP and XXJVQ at the time they have been leaked, credits and thanks were included in the posts too. I would like to keep the reasons for me removing those firmwares along with the deodexed versions of them to my self, those reasons does not have anything to do with where they came from but with the firmwares them self, however I did deodex XXJVQ and XXJVR that were released by Samsung.

Regarding this firmware, I have to say that I did not find anything wrong with it.

what kind of modifications..??does it worth to change jvs?
I used the wrong word, I should have written changes such as blue glow and endless home-screen scrolling, sorry :)

why there has 2 stock jvt and how to install it? cuz i saw there has "cwm" and "odin" words. some more it's exe file, is it the same installation method to install it?

Please guys, try to read the text, it says Double-Click to extract!:)
Use the extracted files to flash your device using the tool that you like (Odin, CWM or Heimdall).

what 'bout MultiCSC ???
is it ??? BGL, BHT, CNX, COA, ERO, KOR, MKO, MSR, MTL, ORO, ROM, SIM, SMO, TMT, TOP, TRA, TSR, TWO, VIM, VIP, VVT :confused:

You can use CSC: OXFJV1 from XFJV5 or XFJV7 which have VIM included. Yes, any CSC should work when using the Odin package.

Yes, you need to be on RFS, it's a stock firmware with stock Kernel.
You can re-flash using the Odin package, 512.pit and re-partition, I think that will solve the problem.

Reactions: Vanto

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
I am on JVS do I flash over the top ? which file do i replace for with a custom kernel ?

sathkartha

Aug 25, 2010
madras
I have deodexed XXJVR but not the leaked one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1226138 , for reasons regarding leaked XXJVR-XXJVS firmwares I did not deodexed them, those of you that follow my threads remember that I did de-odex XXJVP and XXJVQ at the time they have been leaked, credits and thanks were included in the posts too. I would like to keep the reasons for me removing those firmwares along with the deodexed versions of them to my self, those reasons does not have anything to do with where they came from but with the firmwares them self, however I did deodex XXJVQ and XXJVR that were released by Samsung.
Regarding this firmware, I have to say that I did not find anything wrong with it.

:D thanks Ramad :D

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
there is only phone, pda and csc files to flash in odin package is that correct ? no pit file ?

do I flash these then flash a custom kernel ? and can flash over jvs

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
there is only phone, pda and csc files to flash in odin package is that correct ? no pit file ?

1.- It is correct most Odin Files include PDA, CSC and Phone (Modem)

2.- There is not Pit File needed if you come from another Sammy Stock Firmware like JVS.

3.- You have to flash the 3 files in Odin, let ir reboot once and then you can flash a custom kernel, may i recommend Midnight 7.3 which is running perfectly here since yesterday, no lags or whatsoever.

4.- Yes you can flash over JVS without problems...

thundergust

Aug 17, 2010

2.- There is not Pit File needed if you come from another Sammy Stock Firmware like JVS.

3.- You have to flash the 3 files in Odin, let ir reboot once and then you can flash a custom kernel, may i recommend Midnight 7.3 which is running perfectly here since yesterday, no lags or whatsoever.

If I am on ext4 and want to repartition to JVT rfs, does the odin files contain bootloaders? Or is it unnecessary because I am already on JVS with gingerbread bootloaders?

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If I am on ext4 and want to repartition to JVT rfs, does the odin files contain bootloaders? Or is it unnecessary because I am already on JVS with gingerbread bootloaders?

You should convert first to RFS using the any kernel that support vodoo lagfix or use Chanifire's EXT4 tool just to be sure and safe, then you can flash via ODIN JVT.

It doesn't include Bootloader and it's not needed since you're already on JVS (GB Bootloaders)

J!M

Prodepressiva

Nov 6, 2010
I'm on stock JVI/JVO (2.3.3) with German CSC (I think its DBT)

- Can I flash this with odin the usual way? Is a flash/wipe needed before it?
- Does this CSC include German files? (DBT)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit and thanks for this leaked firmwares goes to powerdams: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289875

Here are the Odin and CWM packages of the deodexed XXJVT firmware.

The Odin package leaves the freedom of flashing any Modem and CSC files to you, please try to use only GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC files.

I have updated it with the latest Gmail, Maps, Market, and the latest Superuser application and su binary (3.0) are included.

Deodexed Stock XXJVT
    PDA/MODEM/CSC:
    XXJVT/XXJVT/OXAJVT (MultiCSC: CPW, DBT, KOR, XEO, XEU):

CWM (Double-Click to extract!): Download (175.4 MB) MD5: d224e8c03e3217ab1f0c1f5147054a57

Odin (Double-Click to extract!): Download (160.44 MB) MD5: 1a9f4e9eb366f16aaf22da97bbd883ea

Her is the stock XXJVT Kernel for those that needs it:
    Stock XXJVT Kernel
    XXJVT Kernel (Double-Click to extract): Download (5.6 MB)

The deodexed firmware has Daily Briefing included, if it does not show up when using Odin packages then it's because the CSC file that you have chosen do have Daily Briefing included and the deodexed Daily Briefing which is already included in the PDA file has been overwritten by the non-deodexed one from the CSC file.
    Some CSC tar files does not install Daily Briefing application on /data/app but on /system/app, I did not try all CSC files but they used to be installed on /data/app on GB 2.3.3, however, if your device does not show Daily Briefing then use one of the following steps to install it:

Using CWM:

If you have flashed your device with a Kernel that has CWM build in the Kernel then just install this CWM file:
    XXJVT_Daily Briefing_CWM: Download (7.3 MB) MD5: f39fd98b3c219cd15f134a6f639ef17b

Using Root Explorer:

*Download and extract XXJVT_Daily Briefing_Apk.zip at the end of this post and copy the extracted InfoAlarm.apk to the Internal SD-card of your device.

*Look for InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex in /system/app and delete these 2 files, if they are not there then you can find and delete them at /data/app.

*Copy InfoAlarm.apk from the Internal SD-card to /system/app, reboot if Daily Briefing does not show after completing the process.

Using ADB:

*Download and extract XXJVT_Daily Briefing_Apk.zip at the end of this post and copy the extracted InfoAlarm.apk to the Internal SD-card of your device.

* Since you have chosen to use ADB then you know how to use it to gain root...etc. Excute:
    su
    cd /system/app
    ls
    Now see if InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex are there, if so execute:
    busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
    rm InfoAlarm.apk
    rm InfoAlarm.odex
    cp /sdcard/InfoAlarm.apk /system/app
    busybox mount -o ro,remount /system
    And you are done.

If the files are not on /system/app then execute:
    See if the files are there, if so execute:
    rm InfoAlarm.apk
    rm InfoAlarm.odex
    And you are done.

XXJVT_Daily Briefing_Apk: Download (7.2 MB) MD5: 741d125591aba85ed60ba6fa2e91e20c

I wish you all good luck flashing your devices :)

You are fast man:)

I will flash deodexed version as soon as some modification appear.

Nice to have you back Ramad.

Thanks malcho, it's good to be back :)
    Lost CWM recovery with this flash....
    how do i get CWM recovery back on jvt??

I think you will need to flash a custom kernel with CWM

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Can i flash the cwm packager over jvs ?
    Hey man, just wanted to let you know I borrowed your CWM package and brought it over to the Captivate side. I had to replace the kernel with a cappy compatible one, but that's the only change. Thanks for doing this and doing it so FAST!!:)

Credited you in the OP.

Thanks for your words :) The deodexed firmware is for you guys, you don't have to tell me what you do with it and you can share it and modify it if you want as much as you like.

Thanks!

Please read a few lines below :)

@Ramad---I am a big fan of yours and would be eternally thankful to you for enhancing my sgs experience.
    Having said that,my current curiousity stems from the fact that while you had steadfastly refused to deodex leaked firmware and even went to the extent of pulling out a JVQ that you had initially posted,what has made you change your stand and deodex JVT so quickly?
    My inference would be that you have verified and found that everything is clean as a whistle with this leaked fw but wish to see a line from you too.
    By the way,I have gone ahead to download and will be flashing your version sooner than later!!!!
    Best wishes and thanks a million!:D:D

what kind of modifications..??does it worth to change jvs?
    I used the wrong word, I should have written changes such as blue glow and endless home-screen scrolling, sorry :)

why there has 2 stock jvt and how to install it? cuz i saw there has "cwm" and "odin" words. some more it's exe file, is it the same installation method to install it?

Please guys, try to read the text, it says Double-Click to extract!:)
    Use the extracted files to flash your device using the tool that you like (Odin, CWM or Heimdall).

what 'bout MultiCSC ???

You can use CSC: OXFJV1 from XFJV5 or XFJV7 which have VIM included. Yes, any CSC should work when using the Odin package.

Yes, you need to be on RFS, it's a stock firmware with stock Kernel.
    You can re-flash using the Odin package, 512.pit and re-partition, I think that will solve the problem.