[APP] LockWidgets2 & [APP] Dynamic Background for Lockscreen

Search This thread

jayjojayson

some news on windowsphonehacker-website
this requires root access on your device.
It will work with custom roms or moreover maybe if you installed Heathcliffs new WP7 Root Tools 0.9!

LockWidgets 2
jaxbot has official released the final lockwidgets 2!
The app is a rewrite of the original popular LockWidgets application, and adds data such as battery or weather to your phone’s lock screen.

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/release_lock_widgets_2-07-03-12

LockWidgets
jaxbot has official released lockwidgets! You can pin weather, rss feeds, twitter-news, and ram-info on lockscreen. If someone has problems with tranparent lockscreen, uninstall dynamic background and try it again. The service for Lockwigets will be shut down in near future.

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/lock_widgets_official_release-03-28-12

Dynamic Background
"The app basically allows you to set a dynamic background, either the Bing background of the day or a custom slideshow, and the app will update the wallpaper with a background task."

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/app_dynamic_background-03-06-12

Last edited:

GraphicsBerry

Oct 13, 2011
Lubartow
I made this for you:

previewjp_rnrqsnq.jpg

Looks gorgeous on my Omnia :D
What do you think?

phozz4

Sep 2, 2008
Bonn
Lockscreen Widgets not working properly

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the post and thanks to jaxbot for developement of this app!

I installed it without any problems, then ran it and configured everything. The preview works fine but when I exit the app and go to lockscreen, I`m greeted with the oldschool pic of standard lockscreen. Any sugestions what I`m doing wrong?

Edit: Running Mango interop unlocked on Omnia7. Thought this device is fully unlocked, but I guess this was a mistake of mine...

Last edited:

GraphicsBerry

Oct 13, 2011
Lubartow
Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the post and thanks to jaxbot for developement of this app!

I installed it without any problems, then ran it and configured everything. The preview works fine but when I exit the app and go to lockscreen, I`m greeted with the oldschool pic of standard lockscreen. Any sugestions what I`m doing wrong?

Edit: Running Mango interop unlocked on Omnia7. Thought this device is fully unlocked, but I guess this was a mistake of mine...

Just click on "update now"

BTW: RAM widget is not useful with 30 min refresh.

jayjojayson

Great appm thanks! Tried to use it but didnt find out my local brazilian zipcode and then i uninstall it and for my surprise it mess with my lock screen, had to format my omnia 7.

you don't need the zip-code.. typ in your city and it will work!!
the mess lockscreen you can change, go to phone-settings and choose a original background of your choice there... then the lockscreen look normal..

Reactions: xpc21

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
looks cool, but will the weather auto update ? and in what time interfall ?

EDIT :

•Your device must be rooted. More specifically, the application needs root privileges. Right now, only people with custom ROMs may use this application. People with interop-unlocked devices will soon be able to use it, thanks to Heathcliff74's upcoming WP7 Root Tools 0.9 app.

•The "debug" widget adds the last updated info to the bottom of the screen. This is useful stuff for testing.

•The widgets update every 30 minutes. This is due to background task restrictions.

Last edited:

xpc21

Oct 19, 2011
Belo Horizonte
cargocollective.com
Finally did mine work! I just didnt like the fact that lockscreen wallpaper is too restrict and can cause a mess if u dont put the correct settings. Thought that choosing Bing wallpaper it would change itself...

LiFePo4

Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
I successfully installed and ran Heathcliffs WP7 Root Tools 0.9 on my interop-unlocked VZW HTC Trophy and was able to install, run, configure, and even preview lockwidgets. But when I go to the lock screen the screen is a scrambled mess and looks like a vertical/horizontal sync issue (looks bad and is jumping around). I had to uninstall to get a usable lock screen back.

P.S. I elevated lockwidgets before running it BTW.

Last edited:

Seven_PRX

Feb 9, 2009
Intalled it on my Focus S.
Together with WP Root Tools 0.9.
Works fine now.

A question: when you start it, it says it will generate a lot of traffic to the WPH cloud.

Any idea whhy and what for? When using Bing images I can imagine it, but transferring some weather info shouldn't, right? That's the only Widget I'musing.

jayjojayson

Intalled it on my Focus S.
Together with WP Root Tools 0.9.
Works fine now.

A question: when you start it, it says it will generate a lot of traffic to the WPH cloud.

Any idea whhy and what for? When using Bing images I can imagine it, but transferring some weather info shouldn't, right? That's the only Widget I'musing.

firstly, the daily bing background image enlarge the traffic..
the widgets like rss feeds or twitter news produce a lot of traffic, too.. the traffic for weather widget must be the same, like in other weather-apps..

I successfully installed and ran Heathcliffs WP7 Root Tools 0.9 on my interop-unlocked VZW HTC Trophy and was able to install, run, configure, and even preview lockwidgets. But when I go to the lock screen the screen is a scrambled mess and looks like a vertical/horizontal sync issue (looks bad and is jumping around). I had to uninstall to get a usable lock screen back.

P.S. I elevated lockwidgets before running it BTW.

did you install the latest version? did you choose bing background or your own image in the app? if you get a scrambled mess screen, try to choose a normal background in phone settings. Then update again or try to choose a image in lock widgets .

elpinta25

Mar 1, 2012
I also had the same problem as our friend LiFePo4, my lock screen went nuts.
Uninstall the application, the install went back and followed the same background ..... I put a screen lock and application prederteminado Widgets Lock does nothing even when set, that is no longer anything that comes configured in the application on the screen lock.
Most users do not know if ltienen the same problem, I have a HTC Trophy with DFT v3 Rom ...

Sorry for my bad translations

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    some news on windowsphonehacker-website
    this requires root access on your device.
    It will work with custom roms or moreover maybe if you installed Heathcliffs new WP7 Root Tools 0.9!

LockWidgets 2
    jaxbot has official released the final lockwidgets 2!
    The app is a rewrite of the original popular LockWidgets application, and adds data such as battery or weather to your phone’s lock screen.

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/release_lock_widgets_2-07-03-12

LockWidgets
    jaxbot has official released lockwidgets! You can pin weather, rss feeds, twitter-news, and ram-info on lockscreen. If someone has problems with tranparent lockscreen, uninstall dynamic background and try it again. The service for Lockwigets will be shut down in near future.

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/lock_widgets_official_release-03-28-12

Dynamic Background
    "The app basically allows you to set a dynamic background, either the Bing background of the day or a custom slideshow, and the app will update the wallpaper with a background task."

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/app_dynamic_background-03-06-12
    It's not working for me, I'm Interop and Dev unlocked, when Jaxpot says "rooted," is that something different?

This means Full-Unlocked as in Custom ROM. Maybe Heathcliff's root tools might be able to do this. Try asking in his thread if your device doesn't have full-unlocked custom ROM's.
    Great appm thanks! Tried to use it but didnt find out my local brazilian zipcode and then i uninstall it and for my surprise it mess with my lock screen, had to format my omnia 7.

you don't need the zip-code.. typ in your city and it will work!!
    the mess lockscreen you can change, go to phone-settings and choose a original background of your choice there... then the lockscreen look normal..