9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Search This thread

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Whoever isnt able to backup while being able to enter recovery, this means you have corrupted some of your partitions...
So you have some other problems that lead to that..
As it has been said times and times again, the modaco recovery was an interim one and is now obsolete...
If more help is needed there is an IRC forum specific to the device with a sticky in general...

Last edited:

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
I did a backup using CWM and after that reboot device, it hangs at HTC screen, anyone facing same issue?

Is it because I have to be charged at 100%? I did a backup at 75%, could this be the problem? As from the thread it is stated, "Warning (for now) Make sure you have a full battery when flashing or nandroiding!!!!
Also dont let your device battery die!!"

I had to reflash my rom I did it on the bus with 27% and got no errors.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

limx

Sep 13, 2008
Panama
Hi, someone help me pleaseeee...!!!

I can't do a restore on CWM 5.8.2.7, it show me this:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

how can I solve this, I'm freakin out..!!!

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Hi, someone help me pleaseeee...!!!

I can't do a restore on CWM 5.8.2.7, it show me this:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

how can I solve this, I'm freakin out..!!!

It means your backup is likely corrupted. If you still want to attempt flashing then browse into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/**backup name** and you can edit the nandroid.md5 file to match the actual MD5's of the various .img's.

Be aware that if you do have a corrupt backup, this is a good way to screw things up.

M.

limx

Sep 13, 2008
Panama
It means your backup is likely corrupted. If you still want to attempt flashing then browse into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/**backup name** and you can edit the nandroid.md5 file to match the actual MD5's of the various .img's.

Be aware that if you do have a corrupt backup, this is a good way to screw things up.

M.

ok, I tried to use adb shell and try to fix it, but cannot find the nandroid.md5..

on clockworkmod/backup/backup date/ theres only 3 files, boot.img, recovery.img. and 4ext rar..

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
ok, I tried to use adb shell and try to fix it, but cannot find the nandroid.md5..

on clockworkmod/backup/backup date/ theres only 3 files, boot.img, recovery.img. and 4ext rar..

Let me guess, the phone rebooted itself after the nandroid finished? If so, the nandroid didn't take properly, it'll be corrupted. This is a known bug in the current version but attention at the moment is going towards USB charging in recovery as this is a major contributor to soft bricks at the moment.

M.

matmar

Aug 15, 2008
back up

was like others unable to back up (after OTA update, was good before).:mad:
Did 3 things, and now it is ok. I do not know which one solved the issue...:confused:
1/ cleared cach : fastboot clear cach
2/ re installed CWR
3/ put on the SD partition the 2 following files that was erased by OTA (like all the other SD data = music, video... !) : recovery_klog and recovery_lastkmsg

Now back up is working again.:D
Hope it can help others...

jonata

Jul 14, 2007
Casette d'Ete
Did 3 things, and now it is ok. I do not know which one solved the issue...:confused:
2/ re installed CWR
3/ put on the SD partition the 2 following files that was erased by OTA (like all the other SD data = music, video... !) : recovery_klog and recovery_lastkmsg

where I can find the 2 files ?

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
2/ re installed CWR

The clear cache did it.....

Setsuna666

Dec 12, 2009
Now my phone has no power with cwm installed. So do I need to send it to htc?

When connected to a computer, can you still go into fastboot ? If so, you can try to flash ROM from fastboot by following the "If you DON'T have custom rom or Nandroid backup on internal SD card" section of this guide. This should give you a working ROM from which you can charge your phone.

Hope this help.

Last edited:

leventccc

Jan 31, 2011
Istanbul
USB Mount is very important for me. I have a mod pack with aroma and I am rebooting and copying new file for every build. Waiting for it!

jerrylzy

Aug 13, 2010
Los Angeles, United States
When connected to a computer, can you still go into fastboot ? If so, you can try to flash ROM from fastboot by following the "If you DON'T have custom rom or Nandroid backup on internal SD card" section of this guide. This should give you a working ROM from which you can charge your phone.

Hope this help.

Thanks man. All above you mentioned I know. Because when I try to flash stock recovery, it says battery low, failed. And now I even cannot boot my phone. So I have to go to htc service to charge my battery.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

Top Liked Posts