[2.3+][APP][apk]Google Hangouts

Search This thread

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
NOTE: If you aren't yet able to install Hangouts on your phone or tablet, or the Play Store "Open" button takes you to the old Talk app, hang tight, we are rolling out Hangouts to everyone over the course of several days. Rest assured Hangouts will be available soon for all Android 2.3+ devices, tablets included!

Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, Android and Apple devices. Brought to you by Google.

● Say more with photos and emoji.
● See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
● Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
● Message friends anytime, even if they're not connected right now.
● Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.

More Hangouts awesomeness:
● Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
● Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
● See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
● Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
● View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
● Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.

Notes:
● Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support "invisible" status.

DOWNLOAD apk

Google play link

kaeguJcHK0gNXTkPBN4Qd3T6dTclugsFkZWiWsCFhGlAAN9yN7twScpkCjuG65a13ok=h230

mBwdaG2n3sOAliGhSgfAKK8Q-XdySj3musTDR7VccCJfbHcfLgCoIgXxkLFOtrOR6QJi

mBwdaG2n3sOAliGhSgfAKK8Q-XdySj3musTDR7VccCJfbHcfLgCoIgXxkLFOtrOR6QJi

Last edited:

CrustyMcLovin

May 16, 2012
Orange County, CA
I probably deserve to get flamed for this one but....

Is there an indicator somewhere that tells you if the person you are sending a message to is actively logged in? I used to use the chat feature built into Gmail and it would place a green dot next to the people who were online.
:confused:

tuatha

Apr 17, 2010

Is there an indicator somewhere that tells you if the person you are sending a message to is actively logged in? I used to use the chat feature built into Gmail and it would place a green dot next to the people who were online.

Not really. Some people are saying that the greyed out contacts are the offline ones, but comparing between 'hangouts' on my tablet and gtalk on my phone, that doesn't appear to be accurate.

Pretty annoyed by this app. Talk was perfect, and it was a staple of both the desktop and mobile Google experience. And now they've stripped it of some of its most useful features.

It reeks of yet another effort to push us all onto their ****ty social network.

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity

Its their new approach they aren't gonna change it. Some kind of watermarks appear based on the level of activity - though i haven't figured out how that works yet

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
I updated it successfully but just cant sign in it failing over & over again, does it not work on 2.3.6 gingerbread?

Android all the way

Apr 7, 2013
Not really. Some people are saying that the greyed out contacts are the offline ones, but comparing between 'hangouts' on my tablet and gtalk on my phone, that doesn't appear to be accurate.

Pretty annoyed by this app. Talk was perfect, and it was a staple of both the desktop and mobile Google experience. And now they've stripped it of some of its most useful features.

It reeks of yet another effort to push us all onto their ****ty social network.

Ya they did take some actually all useful features from us the online indicator to see whos online away or off there device which is nice so ur not waking people up for a video call or message, Cant merge contacts the same any more or delete them as u could with google talk. It seems like there trying to make it like apples face time which has its own ups and downs but is a lot simpler so i kinda understand linking the phone numbers and stuff but why push this BS feature less app out to all of us with android without having it perfect all this did was set everyone on android back not forward so far

jufofu

Jan 27, 2009
Is there a way to install Hangouts without deleting Gtalk? Or to ban this particular update?

habanerochilly

Jan 11, 2013
hey

did you say its allready working with gingerbread?

i use NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.3a on my HTC HD2 and i tried the apk
didnt work... :(

i hope there will be a way, because the update deleted my Talk app shortcut (can only accsess it not through google play)
sry if i posted that in the wrong section :p

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
hey

i hope there will be a way, because the update deleted my Talk app shortcut (can only accsess it not through google play)

Yeah its working fine on gb for me, I've tried on galaxy y

hey

jufofu

Jan 27, 2009
Have heard people saying that by renaming the talk apk you can keep both
Doesn't work.

Here's the working way: disconnect Talk from Google Play with Titanium Backup. Now it won't update and you won't have to install Hangouts.

Update: no, it doesn't. Everything is back after rebooting.

Last edited:

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
i knew this new name thanks to my mother because after i install a rom i delete talk i don't use it
trying reach post to post..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: If you aren't yet able to install Hangouts on your phone or tablet, or the Play Store "Open" button takes you to the old Talk app, hang tight, we are rolling out Hangouts to everyone over the course of several days. Rest assured Hangouts will be available soon for all Android 2.3+ devices, tablets included!

Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, Android and Apple devices. Brought to you by Google.

● Say more with photos and emoji.
    ● See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
    ● Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
    ● Message friends anytime, even if they're not connected right now.
    ● Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.

More Hangouts awesomeness:
    ● Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
    ● Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
    ● See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
    ● Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
    ● View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
    ● Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.

Notes:
    ● Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support "invisible" status.

Is there a way to install Hangouts without deleting Gtalk? Or to ban this particular update?

Have heard people saying that by renaming the talk apk you can keep both