[REQ] Signal / Wi-fi / Operator on the left side of status bar

Search This thread

Khaiyan

Jul 25, 2012
I also REALLY want this. I'm surprised no one has already made this happen, it seems like a no brainer customisation feature.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TToivanen

May 16, 2012
Wouldn't the notification icons be overlapped? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus⁴ running Unicorns™

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
Somwhere over the Rainbow
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42136498

Post #4380

Try asking him how he did it :)

Edit: If someone would figure it out how to make it universal , and share it here? Dont forget to thank droidblaze ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Great find :)
I found something similiar, involved editing xml files after decompiling sytemUI, but for an older Android version, so it didn't work. I will decompile his file and check for differences.

the4ndy

Jan 13, 2012
New Brunswick
I'm currently working on modifying the systemUI.xml of my PA rom which should work on most AOSP roms. I'm trying to adjust icon dimensions to allow for a larger signal strength icon to simulate the new ios7 dot style signal strength icon. Not that relevant... But while I'm there I'll see if I can't make a simple switch sides mod.

Make a paint image or something or find a screen shot of exactly what you want or what side and such. I don't want to forget icons.

Reactions: Khaiyan

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
I'm currently working on modifying the systemUI.xml of my PA rom which should work on most AOSP roms. I'm trying to adjust icon dimensions to allow for a larger signal strength icon to simulate the new ios7 dot style signal strength icon. Not that relevant... But while I'm there I'll see if I can't make a simple switch sides mod.

Make a paint image or something or find a screen shot of exactly what you want or what side and such. I don't want to forget icons.

Something like this, maybe?

Attachments

• icons_mockup.jpg
    icons_mockup.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 888

Khaiyan

Jul 25, 2012
Looks awesome! Please let this happen! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sergiowlx

Jan 19, 2013
Madrid
Hmm, want to try that as well, but it's for stock xperia, not sure if I can do it in CM10.1...

It says: ''I'm going to show you to properly center the clock using the xml found in stock Sony Timescape ICS but the principles can be applied to pretty much any rom on any device.''

So i think that could be done in any other roms. I will try it in PA

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
It says: ''I'm going to show you to properly center the clock using the xml found in stock Sony Timescape ICS but the principles can be applied to pretty much any rom on any device.''

So i think that could be done in any other roms. I will try it in PA

Yeah, I know. I tried something like this, but it was based on stock ICS, but some lines weren't present in JB's XML.

Top Liked Posts