[Q] Max Nexus 5 USB OTG Current Output?

Search This thread

DanielMod

Feb 27, 2012
Hi everybody,

Just wondering what is the max current that can outputtedfrom the nexus 5 USB port before I need to power up my otg appliance externally.
The thing is that I ordered an OTG cable and I want to connect to it regular USB 2.0 Hub.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I don't know the answer. I know its not enough for a mechanical drive but I can "power" my usb hub. Its not one that takes an additional power source. I can drive keyboard, mouse and (I think) 2x flash simultaneously.

I say I think, I'm confident I tested 2 flash devices but I am 100% positive I tested 1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DanielMod

DanielMod

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for the replay.
My goal is to connect in the same time a Slimport,keyboard,and a mouse (Or a game controller instead of a keyboard and a mouse) while the Slimport has the option to connect to it a micro usb for power if that is needed.

Can someone confirm it will work?

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
You can't use both otg and slimport at the same time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
I have tested it. With slimport connected the micro USB socket on the slimport adapter can only be used for charging.

I had a similar idea to use both slimport and otg to get fpse(ps1 emulator) on the big screen and use my Xbox 360 pad to control it.
But it doesn't work

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

The other plan was to use xbmc for android with an external hard drive for a semi portable media center but the drive doesn't Mount when plugged in as well as the slimport adapter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know the answer. I know its not enough for a mechanical drive but I can "power" my usb hub. Its not one that takes an additional power source. I can drive keyboard, mouse and (I think) 2x flash simultaneously.

I say I think, I'm confident I tested 2 flash devices but I am 100% positive I tested 1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk