• No, revert to old CDMA

Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

modernage

Dec 20, 2007
RADIO

I am with Verizon...what is the best way to get my Touch to the 3.42.50 radio? I tried updating the radio with an RUU and got the error regarding the software I'm using doesn't apply to the phone. That was funny because it was the same RUU that I used to flash the OS. I don't mind putting another temporary ROM on the phone just to ensure the radio updates properly and then I'll drop this ROM on it. Can someone advise who may have already done this please?

modernage

Dec 20, 2007
Uninstall the CDMA home weather fix. Select weather in the weather tab, update it, and then install the cdma home weather fix.

When you say select weather in the weather tab..where exactly is this? I'm in Start/Settings/System and the Manila 2D weather cities editor and simply selected the city I want and saved changes. Maybe I'm missing something. :-(

scotttr

Mar 25, 2009
Denver
I am with Verizon...what is the best way to get my Touch to the 3.42.50 radio? I tried updating the radio with an RUU and got the error regarding the software I'm using doesn't apply to the phone. That was funny because it was the same RUU that I used to flash the OS. I don't mind putting another temporary ROM on the phone just to ensure the radio updates properly and then I'll drop this ROM on it. Can someone advise who may have already done this please?

see here

I used the micro sd with radio only method when I did mine, that way you don't have to reflash or hard reset.

If you want to reflash just flash the bell rom wih the 3.42.50 radio then flash nfsfans rom again.

Last edited:

scotttr

Mar 25, 2009
Denver
When you say select weather in the weather tab..where exactly is this? I'm in Start/Settings/System and the Manila 2D weather cities editor and simply selected the city I want and saved changes. Maybe I'm missing something. :-(

Are you in manila?
Start/Settings/Today/Items uncheck Windows Default and check TouchFLO exit back to the home screen
Go to the weather tab hit menu and add city.
Then install the weather fix.

local444

May 26, 2010
what do?

umm yeah i have an xv6900 or htc vouge, and i have a good enough experience with using it's systems. It has windows 6.1 and I want to get it to this rom thingy :p. But i have no idea about how to install it! Can soemone help me because I don't want to try it and end up destroying my phone :(. Do I just install the cab?

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
i think it's actually the rom on the first page. it hasn't been updated in awhile but i'm still running it and it's great. although i might be waving goodbye to my touch when the evo releases in a couple weeks.

if you think it is "Great" then you should flash to Android, ASAP. I hated the idea of Android - then I flashed - now I had the idea of WinMo, lol. The ONLY thing I use this WinMo ROM for now is flashing to it between Android ROMs so I can update my roaming capability....so, WinMo is on my phone for about 5 minutes per month, lol.

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
umm yeah i have an xv6900 or htc vouge, and i have a good enough experience with using it's systems. It has windows 6.1 and I want to get it to this rom thingy :p. But i have no idea about how to install it! Can soemone help me because I don't want to try it and end up destroying my phone :(. Do I just install the cab?

It is a Multi step process. First you have to "unlock" your phone with a program called "2.31 coKe HardSPL" You can find it on the main Forum for Vogue hacking. Then you flash to RADIO rom "VOGUIMG.nbh" via the SD card. Then you flash a custom ROM, like the one on the first post in this page, using a utility called "RUU" (Rom Update Utility), common for all WM ROMs. I would recommend reading the sticky's in the Vogue Upgrade forum on both this site and ppcgeeks.com before attempting anything. Make yourself familiar with the lingo, terms, etc. before trying to do it to your phone. Do not do anything until you can define the following terms: ROM, Radio ROM, WM, WinMo, (rootFS), (SQSH), Flashing/Flash, RUU, (NAND), NBH File, ActiveSync, Cook/Cooks, Kitchen, Carrier, Carrier cab, EPST, QPST, MIP Settings, PRI version, PRL, ESN, etc...

The ones in parenthesis "(xxx)" are related to Android flashing, but many terms are interchangeable. I do not want to discourage you, but you really have to dive headlong into this stuff to be certain you won't brick your phone - and even then, some of the developers on here have bricked their phones. Good luck :)

Last edited:

texasez

Mar 11, 2006
Lubbock Tx
I have flashed this rom to sprint cdma and the flash went fine but I cannot get past the align screen where you tap the +. It goes in a loop where it never gets any further. I flashed over the warm donut android program. I tried a hard reset but i am still stuck on the align screen.
how can i get the nfsfan rom to work?

Lmiller1708

Aug 7, 2008
La Crosse
I have flashed this rom to sprint cdma and the flash went fine but I cannot get past the align screen where you tap the +. It goes in a loop where it never gets any further. I flashed over the warm donut android program. I tried a hard reset but i am still stuck on the align screen.

Sounds like you have something wrong with your screen... Try another WM ROM and see if that helps.

Tip when doing a screen Calibration, tap the "cross" real soft...
You might be able to just skip the calibration by resetting your phone??? Not too sure though.

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
if you think it is "Great" then you should flash to Android, ASAP. I hated the idea of Android - then I flashed - now I had the idea of WinMo, lol. The ONLY thing I use this WinMo ROM for now is flashing to it between Android ROMs so I can update my roaming capability....so, WinMo is on my phone for about 5 minutes per month, lol.

I tried updating my roaming capabilities with *228 in Android(myn's) and it acted just as if I did it through WinMo.... Did it really update you think?

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States

The only time that has happened to me is when I used my finger/thumb to align the screen. Once I used the stylus and tapped EXACTLY on the middle of each "+" symbol, it worked.

it knows where you are "supposed" to tap, and if you are too far off on any of the plus symbols, then it starts over again. Always use the stylus when aligning the screen, and don't rush it - be exact. :)

texasez

Mar 11, 2006
Lubbock Tx
The only time that has happened to me is when I used my finger/thumb to align the screen. Once I used the stylus and tapped EXACTLY on the middle of each "+" symbol, it worked.

it knows where you are "supposed" to tap, and if you are too far off on any of the plus symbols, then it starts over again. Always use the stylus when aligning the screen, and don't rush it - be exact. :)

I have tried to get past the align screen numerous times. It sometimes skips one corner. Every once in a while I get past the align screen to the screen that wants you to copy and paste. Got past that once but then could not get past the set time screen. I have reflashed the rom again but I still cannot get anywhere with the screens. Can I go back to a different rom version to get better results. Maybe even the original rom. Would i have to relock the phone to go back to the stock rom?

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
I have tried to get past the align screen numerous times. It sometimes skips one corner. Every once in a while I get past the align screen to the screen that wants you to copy and paste. Got past that once but then could not get past the set time screen. I have reflashed the rom again but I still cannot get anywhere with the screens. Can I go back to a different rom version to get better results. Maybe even the original rom. Would i have to relock the phone to go back to the stock rom?

I would try flashing to another ROM before you go through the hassle of flashing back to stock (yes, you have to "relock) your phone to go back to stock). Try just putting your phone in bootloader mode, and flashing another random WM ROM for your phone. Maybe try even an older ROM like WM 6.1 rather than 6.5. Or just flash to Android...that is what I did. I have a guide in my signature if you want to do it...it is WAY better than WM :)

Lmiller1708

Aug 7, 2008
La Crosse
I would try flashing to another ROM before you go through the hassle of flashing back to stock (yes, you have to "relock) your phone to go back to stock). Try just putting your phone in bootloader mode, and flashing another random WM ROM for your phone. Maybe try even an older ROM like WM 6.1 rather than 6.5. Or just flash to Android...that is what I did. I have a guide in my signature if you want to do it...it is WAY better than WM :)

No you don't have to Relock your phone to go back to stock...

@texasez

Here is the regedit you can use to get around the welcome screen.

Here's how to do it:
1. Install CeRegistryEditor
2. Plug your phone into USB
3. Wait until your phone connects threw ActiveSnyc
4. Download the Attached Skip_Welcome.txt and Rename it to Skip_Welcome.creg
5. Open up CERegistryEditor
6. Connect to your device.
7. Goto Edit-->Import
8. Select Skip_Welcome.creg and hit yes to all.
9. Soft reset and you are good to go!
10. Enjoy! :eek:

Also try to Realign the Screen. If that don't work just redo the steps above softrest to exit the screen and forget about it...

The Calibration data was taken from my Vogue.

Attachments

• Skip_Welcoms.txt
    235 bytes · Views: 15

MOHCTP

Sep 4, 2008
Struggling with the latest NFSFAN 6.5 ROM (21864)

So I habe a SprintPCS HTC Touch, and for the last year and a half I was happily living with NFSFAN 6.5 v14 (build 21501).
The only problem was, it was kind of sluggish, and lately it started dropping Bluetooth connection in the middle of the conversation.

So I upgraded. Now, no matter what theme I try, I have this annoying animated digital clock with the words "tap here to update weather".

I don't want an animated clock, and I don't want to update weather, that's G-d's job, I just want a clean theme, but no matter what I install - Twolf Black, TWolf Clean, Original Blue -- the clock is this stupid train station animation (and in some modes the numbers are all bunched up in the corner), and the "tap here to update weather" is always there. I tried checking "Analog clock" and un-checking digital -- even worse: the hands are not there, the numbers are peaking from the edge of the screen, but the annoying "update weather line" is still there.
Please help. At this point I am ready to can TouchFLO alltogether, but can I at least get by cube back, or is Windows Default the best I can have?

Lmiller1708

Aug 7, 2008
La Crosse
So I habe a SprintPCS HTC Touch, and for the last year and a half I was happily living with NFSFAN 6.5 v14 (build 21501).
The only problem was, it was kind of sluggish, and lately it started dropping Bluetooth connection in the middle of the conversation.

So I upgraded. Now, no matter what theme I try, I have this annoying animated digital clock with the words "tap here to update weather".

I don't want an animated clock, and I don't want to update weather, that's G-d's job, I just want a clean theme, but no matter what I install - Twolf Black, TWolf Clean, Original Blue -- the clock is this stupid train station animation (and in some modes the numbers are all bunched up in the corner), and the "tap here to update weather" is always there. I tried checking "Analog clock" and un-checking digital -- even worse: the hands are not there, the numbers are peaking from the edge of the screen, but the annoying "update weather line" is still there.
Please help. At this point I am ready to can TouchFLO alltogether, but can I at least get by cube back, or is Windows Default the best I can have?

That version of M2D/TouchFlo only has the weather and the flip clock. Try one of my ROM's... They have a older version of M2D with no flip clock and weather on the home screen.

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
...So I upgraded. Now, no matter what theme I try, I have this annoying animated digital clock with the words "tap here to update weather".

I don't want an animated clock, and I don't want to update weather, that's G-d's job, I just want a clean theme, but no matter what I install...

You realize that by going into the phone settings, then TouchFlo setup, you can actually enable or disable certain tabs, (or 'rows' if using Titanium). You do not get rid of that option by installing other 3rd party programs; you still have to disable it in the TouchFlo settings first. Other programs will not disable it for you.

mikurej95

Dec 17, 2009
Greer, SC
How did you get music to continue playing after putting the vogue to sleep? I can't seem to do this with my own ROM. i have tried the registry hack with hklm and something under unattended and changing a DWORD value to 1.

MOHCTP

Sep 4, 2008
You realize that by going into the phone settings, then TouchFlo setup, you can actually enable or disable certain tabs, (or 'rows' if using Titanium). You do not get rid of that option by installing other 3rd party programs; you still have to disable it in the TouchFlo settings first. Other programs will not disable it for you.

I *DO* realize that, and that's just the problem -- there is no way to disable that "update weather" line or to change the clock to something that doesn't have it. Of course I can remove the whole Home tab, or disable TouchFlo entirely, but obviously that's not the kind of suggestion I was seeking when I posted here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFSFAN's 6.5 21864 SYS/XIP V1.00 GENERIC CARRIER ROM

HOT OUT OF THE OVEN AND SUPER STABLE!!!!!
    Fastest WM6.5 ROM FOR VOGUE GUARANTEED

V1.00 RELEASED!!!

GET YOUR DOWNLOAD HERE

REQUIREMENTS: Must have general knowledge of PPCs and how to use one. GPS Radio.
    RECOMMENDED: GPS Radio (3.42.50) for Bell users

Precaution: Do not backup anything from previous ROM versions.
    Only backup contacts, appointments, emails and text messages.

IMPORTANT:
    Always flash from bootloader mode!!!
    Always Hard-Reset after ROM flash!!!
    Always let customizations run on my ROMs!!!

CRITICAL:

1. You have the choice of which dialer to install.
    This is very important!! You must install a dialer from one of the
    supplied cabs!! You have 2 choices CDMA or GSM.
    Click Here to visit the dialer post I made :)

2. For GPS to work with different carriers than Bell install
    one of the cabs in the attachment below, that matches your carrier.

3. For the weather to show up on the Manila2D homescreen
    you have to install the CDMA Home Weather Fix.cab
    found in the attachments at the end of this post. However, make
    sure that you ONLY install the cab after you setup the city in the
    weather tab of M2D, or else M2D will not launch.

4. To add custom cities for the weather tab on M2D, go to Start,
    Settings, System, and tap on Manila2D Weather Cities Editor.

NFSFAN's Opera 9.5

Based off newest build 17753!

Tweaked and built to be used with NFS ROM.
    Fully featured and loaded with speed enhancements. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes over stock:
    *Tweaked to be used with Vogue NFS ROM (heap & memory)
    *Zoom Slider Enabled
    *Uninstallable
    *Full Exit
    *Auto RAM Cache
    *Max Tabs set to 5
    *Download Complete Notification
    *Smooth Scrolling
    *Turbo Mode
    *Special Effects Enabled
    *Scroll Bar Colors Enabled
    *20 MB Disk Cache
    *Large page cache
    *Large image cache
    *Tweaked Adaptive Zooming
    *Max Server and Total Connections Tweaked
    *Removed HTC splash, substituted for original Opera splash
    *Defaulted skin colors to stock Opera
    *Home page set to google

FUTURE PLANS (V1.01):

N/A

****************************************************************************

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
    and delete everything there. After that is done, open Advanced
    Config, press Menu, and press "Import provisioning XML".
    Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
    should work.

MMS CAB

GALLERY:

200906022152430000111f.jpg
    200910112337430004111g.jpg
    200907242049420002111f.jpg

200907242049310001111f.jpg
    200907242049080000111f.jpg
    200904060247120007111f.jpg

Code:
    ********************************************************************************************
                            [U]Full Change Log [COLOR=Red](Applies to all Releases)[/COLOR][/U]

[URL="http://74.53.45.2/%7Eevadmin/nfsfan/Public%20Releases/Vogue%206.5/WM6.5%20Log.txt"][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[U]General Change Log[/U]

[U]V1.00[/U]

***Fixed issue with hard resets occuring***
    *Kitchen changed to platformrebuilder with my .bat scripts
    *WMP plays videos by default
    *Fixed headphone issue (this time it works properly no joke)
    *Fixed blurry camera
    *Fixed video recording issues (removed CIF & L modes)
    *Fixed date and time picker position in landscape + ported new version
    *Fixed Album slideshow
    *Optimized boot
    *Optimized memory allocation
    *Added new WinMo Dialer skin
    *Added new icons for Adobe & Album
    *Added aGPS Confirmation  --  1.0.1918.3131
    *Added HTC Geo Service  --  1.0.1919.1120
    *Added Microsoft Facebook  -- 1.0.0.7
    *Added Manila2D Weather Cities Editor  --  2.1
    *Added Bluetooth Audio Gateway support
    *Added Microsoft Marketplace
    *Updated to final WM6.5 21864 build (builds after will be designed on 6.5.1 branch and will be betas)
    *Updated Google Maps  --  3.2.1.17
    *Updated Adobe PDF  --  2.5.1.0.395886.05H
    *Updated Boot Launcher --  1.0.1918.1525
    *Updated HTC Framework  --  1.1.1919.2728
    *Updated Shared Resource  --  1.0.1919.2728
    *Updated Manila 2D  --  2.0.1919.1432
    *Updated AudioManager  --  2.2.1918.2329
    *Updated Media Tool Kit  --  1.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Random Access  --  4.1.1917.3928
    *Updated RSS Hub  --  2.1.1.1101
    *Updated Settings Improvement  --  1.0.1918.4129
    *Updated Streaming Media  --  3.1.1918.3421
    *Updated Task Manager  -- 2.1.1918.3027
    *Updated USB to PC Popup  --  2.3.1918.3029
    *Updated Voice Recorder  --  1.10.1918.1619
    *Updated Menu Enhancement  --  1.1.1919.1133
    *Updated Email Setup Wizard  --  2.1.1919.1730
    *Updated HTC Power  --  3.3.0.0
    *Updated HTC Album  --  3.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Pocket RAR  --  3.90
    *Updated CapSure  -- 1.11g
    *Updated Windows Live
    *Updated MyPhone

********************************************************************************************

If you like and appreciate my work and effort, please take the time to click on the
    button. Thank you for your kind support!!!
    i was told a way to try and fix the start icons issue over at ppcgeeks, im no cook so i rather tell you instead

Modify StartMenu_GridView_240x320.crp (file name may not be exact, but it's close).
    Pics are blurry...unless I use the "sports" option

Anyone else noticed that since around V14 or so, that the pictures that are taken with the default camera option (has the camera icon in top left corner) always end up blurry, regardless of lighting? I've got around it by using the "sports" option (has the running person icon in the top left corner)...unfortunately, I have to take 3pics at a minimum; but with this setting, they are clear. I know that the first thought is that my hands are shakey...but it never happened on earlier ROM versions, even back to the 6.1 versions. Thoughts? Am I the only one?
    Hey all!

THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION for those who are experiencing Internet connectivity problems since a couple of days with Bell (NFSFAN ROM).

YOU MAY NOT NEED TO REFLASH YOUR DEVICE or reinstall any Radio Versions or whatever.

JUST TRY THIS FIRST :
    1. Go to Settings, Connections and click on Connections Icon
    2. Click on "Manage existing connections"
    3. Click on Edit... for the Bell Mobility connection
    4. Click Next, Next and then Advanced button
    5. Go to the "Servers" tab
    6. Change this option : put it to "Use server-assigned addresses"
    (You can note on a paper your DNS and Alt DNS numbers in case, cause it will be deleted after).
    7. click ok. Click Finish.
    8. Try to connect.
    9. Surf the Internet !!!
    10. Take a beer after so much energy finding this problem....

Hope it will do the job for you!!