[ROM][N5X][6.0.1] Secure Spaces ROM (now on +50M devices)

Search This thread

darkrom

Jan 9, 2011
I am enjoying this a lot.

Two questions. 1) can I root this, if so the same way as always.

2) how do I update

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
Secure Spaces Web Login app that lets you create a hidden Space on your Nexus 5X running Secure Spaces, is now free on Google play. Check it out and let us know what you think
ctG5Ekv.png

Last edited:

toma62

Nov 3, 2010
Varese

New_2_Android

Mar 3, 2016
I noticed your flash-all script attempts to flash a vendor.img and radio.img, however those images are not included in the .zip, What kind of issues can this cause? Currently when I run your shell flashall (on mac) on a Nexus 5x device, it is successful but the device hangs on the Android logo bootanim and I never am able to fully load into the OS. So far the only solution is to physically reboot the device into fastboot mode and restore my old ROM.

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
Source code download link in OP doesnt seem to have source for download, can you please update. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
I noticed your flash-all script attempts to flash a vendor.img and radio.img, however those images are not included in the .zip, What kind of issues can this cause? Currently when I run your shell flashall (on mac) on a Nexus 5x device, it is successful but the device hangs on the Android logo bootanim and I never am able to fully load into the OS. So far the only solution is to physically reboot the device into fastboot mode and restore my old ROM.

Sorry to hear you had an issue flashing ... can you maybe re-download the ROM and check the md5. Also we do not reflash the radio or vendor so, this is OK that these files are missing.

julianstafari

Apr 6, 2016
Power on error

I recently buy 2 devices and flashed the rom, in twice i got this error:

imageshack.com/a/img923/7757/bQp8iO.jpg

Any idea?

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com

Any idea?

This is the Android Verity issue / protection - depending on what side you are on ;). Your device has an OEM key burned in which will verify the complete boot - image against this key. The reason you see this error is due to dm-verity failing, but there is no real issue with the device in regards to our image, just that is failed this dm-verity verification.

https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/

This is probably more info than you wanted to know ... but we will push out an update release with our verity key in the near future which should mitigate against a few of these warnings - but will not remove all of them as we cannot burn a new OEM key into your device :eek:.

I hope this helps ... thanks for trying our ROM!

julianstafari

Apr 6, 2016
problems with camera

I have experimented problems with the camera on 6 different devices...
It take like 4 sec's and show a message saying: "Error with camera: cant connect with camera"
Any idea?
Regards!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Secure Spaces ROM for Nexus 5x (6.0.1 - Marshmallow)

You can download the ROM here.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Secure Spaces ROM Nexus 5x, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    JeffRt
    Source Code: http://www.securespaces.com/secure-spaces-downloads-2/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-12

Created 2016-03-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-29
    Hey Nexus 5X users, update to version 4.0.2! OTA update now available for Secure Spaces ROM with Hidden Space support!
    Or download from here: http://bit.ly/GetSysROM

Any idea?

This is the Android Verity issue / protection - depending on what side you are on ;). Your device has an OEM key burned in which will verify the complete boot - image against this key. The reason you see this error is due to dm-verity failing, but there is no real issue with the device in regards to our image, just that is failed this dm-verity verification.

https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/

This is probably more info than you wanted to know ... but we will push out an update release with our verity key in the near future which should mitigate against a few of these warnings - but will not remove all of them as we cannot burn a new OEM key into your device :eek:.

I hope this helps ... thanks for trying our ROM!
    Mac~users

Just a head up. For those using macbook. By now you should know terminal must have "./" before adb and fastboot. ? with that being said. The flash-all.sh needs the "./" either you manually open the file and add it to all the lines with fastboot. (./fastboot)
    SecureSpaces 4.3 Release

Hey Guys,

The latest SecureSpaces ROM for Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X is ready for download. Version 4.3 includes some major usability and feature upgrades (see release notes below).

For those of you already running SecureSpaces, you should find the OTA update available now. To download the fastboot images please visit: http://www.securespaces.com/secure-spaces-downloads-2/ You can install the image using the included fastboot tool. There is a flash-all script for Windows, Mac, or Linux included in the zip package, and further instructions on www.securespaces.com

## Release Notes for 4.3.000

### Feature Updates
    * UI changes to the Spaces Settings menus
    * UI changes to Spaces Sharing
    * On device password recovery
    * Space transition screens
    * Private APN within Spaces

### Improvements
    * Improved performance of self-contained Spaces
    * Personal Spaces using self-contained policy
    * Reduced file sizes
    * Various bug fixes