My desert gear. What do you think?

Search This thread

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
I use this for airsoft, paintball, and yes, even real guns. Simple as switching out mags. Use M9A1, and my AR Carbines.

I go to the Nevada desert and have fun. Lol.

I have a Save Phace coming in. As well as Damascus neoprene knee pads, VooDoo single point sling, and a Level III-A Kevlar vest coming in.

I also have Kevlar/nomex gloves with ceramic ablative inserts in them. (I can stop a knife thrust with my hand, grab the blade and yank it from you while remaining safe)

(All legal here)

You're likely wondering why...

Its fun.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389010051187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389010051187.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,689
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389010087649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389010087649.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,418
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389010098746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389010098746.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 2,041
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389010136911.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389010136911.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,886
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389010215567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389010215567.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,969

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I think it would be excellent to be you right now lol, great looking gear pal!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jRi0T68

Jan 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'd think, at least for paintball, you're wearing way too much, weighing yourself down. I'd go for camo colored paintball specific pants and matching camo colored jersey. You may also find a nice vertical pod pack that isn't black.

From over a decade of experience, I'd say tournament style gear and tactics work very well even in scenarios. Weighing yourself down with military looking stuff is a handicap (especially in under-performing military looking markers, whereas camo colored variants of speedball gear will keep you much more mobile and places highest interest on function.

Excreted from my Nexus 5
[Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
I'd think, at least for paintball, you're wearing way too much, weighing yourself down. I'd go for camo colored paintball specific pants and matching camo colored jersey. You may also find a nice vertical pod pack that isn't black.

From over a decade of experience, I'd say tournament style gear and tactics work very well even in scenarios. Weighing yourself down with military looking stuff is a handicap (especially in under-performing military looking markers, whereas camo colored variants of speedball gear will keep you much more mobile and places highest interest on function.

Excreted from my Nexus 5

Mobility is quite good. My mid rift is free. Arms are uninhibited. The weight is well distributed. The weight is on my ribs and back. All very close to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

jRi0T68

Jan 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
But, can you slide? Plus, the helmet and extra hardware aren't good for bounces.

Just my opinion, but on more than one occasion I've played a scenario without even trying to camouflage myself, sporting a shiny forest green or polished silver "speedball marker" and mowed down seasoned scenario veterans because they often don't know what to do when you're snap-shooting, gunfighting like you train hard (because I did), running, jumping, sliding into bunkers and generally making city fights a living hell for them (and also sneaking and crawling through the brush with far less to snag on bushes).

Again, just an opinion from a guy who started playing back in the first half of the 90's.

Excreted from my Nexus 5

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
But, can you slide? Plus, the helmet and extra hardware aren't good for bounces.

Just my opinion, but on more than one occasion I've played a scenario without even trying to camouflage myself, sporting a shiny forest green or polished silver "speedball marker" and mowed down seasoned scenario veterans because they often don't know what to do when you're snap-shooting, gunfighting like you train hard (because I did), running, jumping, sliding into bunkers and generally making city fights a living hell for them (and also sneaking and crawling through the brush with far less to snag on bushes).

Again, just an opinion from a guy who started playing back in the first half of the 90's.

Excreted from my Nexus 5

I don't slide. I'm defensive. I go to the outskirts and move in to the center. I just run or walk or roll.

jRi0T68

Jan 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You don't know what you're missing. Start off with simple gunfighting drills (snap-shooting with the one-ball check-in rule, dodging paint, etc.). When a scenario player (or whole team is better) embraces drills and skills that you normally only see on an airball field, it can totally change the event.

Excreted from my Nexus 5