Cannot call nor send sms after installing nugat

Search This thread

josef55

Feb 12, 2017
Hi,
(I'm quite new to all of this.)
I installed android nugat on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F using this guide: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s7/development/rom-superstoc-rom-v1-0-aroma-t3496520.

And I currently my sim card is not able to connect to network, after insertion of the sim card, I pass through sim pin. Sim is loaded by phone. On the locked screen it says 'Just emergency calls'. When I try to call anyone, it says 'Not registered in network'.
Already tried two different roms, even Samsung Switch Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization.. nothing happened, the problem is still there, not able to use any mobile services.
Did find that my IMEI is not the same as on the back side of the phone.

Samsung Serial Number is equal with back of the phone.

CSC CODE INFO:
PRODUCT CODE: SM-G930FZKABTU
ORIGINAL CSC CODE: BTU
FIRMWARES CSC CODE: BTU
ACTIVE CSC CODE: BTU
AVAILABLE CSC CODES: BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, KOR, NEE, XEF, XEO, XEU
CSC COUNTRY: UK & IRE /GB
MOBILE OPERATOR: 23002

I also find that the android says that it is G930FD (dual sim version), even though that on the back of the phone there is written G930F, and obviously there is no way to put second sim inside.

I'm in Czech Republic and I've Vodafone. Everything worked perfectly fine before I started messing up with the roms. Do not know whether the IMEI was different when it was working.
Could anyone give me some advice how to fix it?

Last edited:
Hi,
(I'm quite new to all of this.)
I installed android nugat on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F using this guide: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s7/development/rom-superstoc-rom-v1-0-aroma-t3496520.

And I currently my sim card is not able to connect to network, after insertion of the sim card, I pass through sim pin. Sim is loaded by phone. On the locked screen it says 'Just emergency calls'. When I try to call anyone, it says 'Not registered in network'.
Already tried two different roms, even Samsung Switch Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization.. nothing happened, the problem is still there, not able to use any mobile services.
Did find that my IMEI is not the same as on the back side of the phone.
IMEI INFO:
IMEI (slot 1):
IMEISV (slot 1): 01
IMEI (slot 2): 000000000000000
IMEISV (slot 2): 01
IMEI on the back side of the phone:

Samsung Serial Number is equal with back of the phone.

CSC CODE INFO:
PRODUCT CODE: SM-G930FZKABTU
ORIGINAL CSC CODE: BTU
FIRMWARES CSC CODE: BTU
ACTIVE CSC CODE: BTU
AVAILABLE CSC CODES: BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, KOR, NEE, XEF, XEO, XEU
CSC COUNTRY: UK & IRE /GB
MOBILE OPERATOR: 23002

I also find that the android says that it is G930FD (dual sim version), even though that on the back of the phone there is written G930F, and obviously there is no way to put second sim inside.

I'm in Czech Republic and I've Vodafone. Everything worked perfectly fine before I started messing up with the roms. Do not know whether the IMEI was different when it was working.
Could anyone give me some advice how to fix it?

Hi mate

Where did you get this phone from??

The imei is not right and the change for sure is not caused by flashing the custom rom , flashing the custom rom probably caused that the original Imei resurface , first imei belongs to a totally different phone:
Model: DIAMOND
Brand: XTOUCH
IMEI: TAC: 359007 FAC: 07 SNR: 042596 CD: 4

The second one it does belongs to an S7

Somebody changed the Imei ...usually this is done when the phone is stolen.......maybe that is why is banned

Take the phone back , the phone was working fine because you had an Imei from and old phone ....the original imei is probably reported stolen

Last edited:

josef55

Feb 12, 2017
Not glad to here that. I bought it from some guy, there is no way for me to put the phone back.
Is there any way to make it work? Next time I'll rather buy brand new, but once I have it, and money are gone...

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Not glad to here that. I bought it from some guy, there is no way for me to put the phone back.
Is there any way to make it work? Next time I'll rather buy brand new, but once I have it, and money are gone...

unfort we dont talk about how to change imeis here most countries its illeagal

also for future refrance please dont post imeis on here either in the off even some one does try to take ure info and use it for there own even if it is banned
i though i was in a similar situation i thought my s7 was hot because of a old text i found on it. and i later found out another phone the girl had was stolen not my s7 so i got lucky. basicly without equip like octoplus box changing its not gonna happen.

Tekkpriest

Jun 5, 2011

If you have any form of receipt / chat with your seller, your best bet would be to print everything and go to local authorities. It's a slim chance, but a chance nontheless.
It might be the case that the seller banked on you not changing your rom etc.

It's most likely a stolen device and yes there are ways to make it work again, which won't be discussed, since it's illegal and also any IMEI should not be posted here as mentioned by the previous poster. As you found out, you can easily backtrack IMEI information. This time it worked out for you, but usually it just get's you into trouble.

And even if you don't have anything at all, still go to the local authorities and explain it to them. If the original owner of the device tracks the IMEI, which you accidentially reset, you might get accused of being the thief, even if you did not do it.

Next time you buy something used, ask for an ID copy (depending on country) and make a receipt with price, IMEI and you and your sellers data (Name adress etc).
If **** like this happens again, atleast you will be on the safe side. And even then.. sometimes it's better to save some more money to get a new device from a store (full warranty etc.).

It`s the only tips, i can give you now. But i do wish you the best of luck.

josef55

Feb 12, 2017
Thanks for answers!
I'm just wondering, if the imei, would be marked as stolen, and I would restore the original one by flashing the rom, wouldn't be the imei displayed in android, the same as is on the back of the phone?

josef55

Feb 12, 2017
I basically tried to install APP, BL, CP, CSC using Odin couple of times (have tried: Czech Vodafone 6.0.1, Czech O2 7, Germany Vodafone 7, SuperStock-Rom_SM-G93XF_V2.4, that what I remember). Once also tried to clear data using twrp and root it. Also once I messed up the installation, so I did Emergency software recovery and initialization using Smart Switch.

sotieno

Apr 15, 2017
Since updating to Android 7.0 on SAMSUNG S7, the SAMSUNG call/phone icon no longer notifies or display for me missed calls. I've to rely on a third party truecaller for the notifications. I'm not used to this and as a result I've missed to respond to very important calls.