[Q] Stuck at boot, WP7 downloader write failed. help appriciated.

Search This thread

Bloodhoundr

Apr 18, 2011
Hey guys, need the help of some XDA geniuses here. I'm usually on the android side of the site but got an issue with this

I received the phone from a friend of mine, brand new, never used before and really wanted to try Windows phone 7. Upon turning it on, the phone just stuck at Samsung boot screen and hung there. I turned to Google, it appears to be a common problem fixable with WP7 loader.
Unfortunately, for some reason, when trying WP7 downloaded (tried 7.05, 7.21, and 7.41)it comes up with the same issue. Write fail on MIBIB and on two occasions when it gets passed that, it freezes on PDA write.

Few pieces of info

Rev 1.3
Able to get to download screen
Downloaded the supersport auto flash samsung-i917-focus-firmware-UCJK2-ATT-USA
Also Samsung focus USB driver

I'm really hoping its not a hardware issue cause I was hoping to use this for a while so if any of you can help out, that would be amazing.
Thanks

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
On how many comps have you tried?
Possible things to consider/try:
- different computers
- different usb ports
- different usb cable (try a samsung cable not a generic one)
- the attached WP7 downloaders (try 7.41 first and then 7.03 - this one I have from my I8700 but should work)

Attachments

• I8700_WP7_Downloader_Ver_7.03_For_Retail_Device__Product_Force_Select__.zip
    914.7 KB · Views: 3,162

Bloodhoundr

Apr 18, 2011
On how many comps have you tried?
Possible things to consider/try:
- different computers
- different usb ports
- different usb cable (try a samsung cable not a generic one)
- the attached WP7 downloaders (try 7.41 first and then 7.03 - this one I have from my I8700 but should work)

I have tried this on two different machines and different USB ports on each computer. Also unfortunately, I could not locate the stock USB cable that came with but I did use my HTC evo 3D micro USB cable which I used to flash multiple android Roms. Can't imagine the cables would be terribly different but I'll try a blackberry micro usb . I will try the particular wp7 loaders you Gave me, thanks and I'll check the links for any more info that I may have overlooked previously.

Bloodhoundr

Apr 18, 2011
Alright, well, it finished the flash this time, but the phone still stuck on boot. I now tried this on three computers so I've got nothing.

Also I checked over all the other links and there isn't anything new there. Anything else I can try?

Bloodhoundr

Apr 18, 2011
OK, so another symptom is, after flashing MAGLDR, even multiple times, I still can't get to it. Volume down, camera and power just has the phone rebooting over and over, download ,mode is available though.

Anything else to try?

warna16

Jan 20, 2014
Having the same problem

Hi guys so i'm having the same problem as described above, is there a fix for this as yet? anyone with a fix please feel free to contact me at shane@nibblecs.com :good:

Moncefdz

May 28, 2016
i have problem in my phone samsung OMNIA7 i was flash him but he did not work i mean he still write samsung OMNIA 7 start and off i don't know what is the problem please help me thanks

Last edited: