[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
KitKat running great. Need dhacker29 10/31 kk gapps which is at d-h.st/EIM. Don't have it on Verizon yet but WiFi is good. Few little speed bumps. Stock browser is black but chrome is fine. Display settings doesn't work so I only have 1 screen. No camera. Can't take a screen shot. It's a WOW!

Dinc2 on Evervolv KitKat

Last edited:

chuck864

Aug 11, 2012
Anybody confirmed data/cell working on the kitkat tester?

Cell seems to work. I don't have my vivow activated but I can makes the test calls to verizon. Not sure about data but wifi looks good to.

+1 on the black browser screen

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

If you are currently using an evervolv rom go to settings\updates and it is under the testing section labeled evervolv 4.0

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
I discorved another issue with 4.3, when showing the keyboard (Swiftkey or Android) some app inputs turn black with no way to see what you are typing. Sometime turning to landscape will help but not always. Keep up the great work Drew

Reactions: funfixer

ryankliber

Aug 13, 2011
I discorved another issue with 4.3, when showing the keyboard (Swiftkey or Android) some app inputs turn black with no way to see what you are typing. Sometime turning to landscape will help but not always. Keep up the great work Drew

I didn't have this issue until i enabled zram, so i disabled zram and the issue is gone

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
It's been really hectic at my house for the holidays and our first baby being born shortly... But I found some time for the next couple days to do some testing and get nightlies running for some devices. If i could get a few people to help me test some builds out. I mainly need to make sure cdma/data works properly. The best way is to hit me up on irc: chat.freenode.net #evervolv ( or use www.evervolv.com/chat ). I'm in channel and currently compiling a build for ya'all to test. It'll be ready any moment.

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
No preludedrew to be found on IRC after I figured out how to access it yesterday. So where are the test files located, how do I access them, and where's the action?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I apologize for those that had wanted an evervolv rom ages ago and I didn't come through for ya. So here's a jellybean 4.2 rom. It's rough, but definitely something to work with. I'm gonna keep this post short. Read through it for links to releases, nightlies and source.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases & nightlies

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

*** Resetting this for v3.2 ***

Wifi

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Has the black screen after the lock screen issue been fixed yet?
    Also I'd like to know why i can't upload pictures to instagram

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

I've begun to ignore your posts. If you can't let me have a life and have some patience with that, then you're issues with the phone are way too important for me to devote my donated time. We're doing this for the fun of it. I don't use this phone, so working on this device has no positive effects on me. The only thing is that I love working on these devices, and I love working with ya'all to get things straightened out. There is always a challenge around the corner, and it's difficult to find 2 people with the same exact issues, which adds to the difficulty and the fun at the same time. I try to monitor xda for any issues ya'all have with the nightlies, I might not reply but it doesnt mean im not looking into the issues. School started up again this week, so i've been busy with a little bit of integration. For everyone else. I'm gonna come up with something for ya'all to help with reporting / debugging bugs with me. For those that can already do it, we're getting into some hardware / kernel related bugs because of the 3.0 kernel integration. The best things are to get a logcat and a dmesg, when the problem occurs. Both may not apply to every situation, but it won't hurt and it's just one extra step to help us help you.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    elginsk8r merged quite a bit of updates from the vivowct kernel. I was able to reproduce the UI freezing after exiting camera/camcorder before these patches, have not been able to with them. Please report back! Also, we're working on a portion of the Evervolv toolbox to handle nightlies, release and test builds. So might make things a little easier to track. Along with a bug tracker.
    We have a 3.0 kernel booting!

<6>[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    <5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.0.58-ga53dbaf (andrew@localhost) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 2 21:00:09 MST 2013
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [511f00f1] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIVT ASID tagged instruction cache
    <4>[ 0.000000] Machine: vivow
    Commits that should fix then Phone FC ( occurs when the remote caller hangs up ), and the camera led are on gerrit. I'll most likely be gone this weekend, but will merged them when i get back. As far as the sound and UI freezing / black screen issues, those are next.