[ROM] Google Ion

Search This thread

haykuro

Nov 21, 2008
Sunrise
ION Revision 2: http://www.droiddeveloper.com/hrbuilds/ionr2-signed.zip

again, special thanks to Disconnect (www.andblogs.net) for providing to me the system dump :)

Update May 30, 3:46 AM: Thanks to daproy (our kernel chef) we're now running 2.6.29 :) (also wifi-tether is fixed for this build) enjoy guys!

you can donate to daproy here
you can donate to me here.
donate to Disconnect by going to his blog and clicking "donate"

EDIT2:
hmm, apparently you dont.. i just noticed the system size is only 66016 (out of 69120 on the original). so it's safe to flash on the original G1 SPL! :)

but you won't have much space on /system to play with imho!

Last edited:

gunigugu

Apr 18, 2006
Melbourne, Vic
Just a quick one, because google did so much over the last few days... Google ION is that the donut build? or is it just the plain vanila rom they had loaded onto their 'magic's'?

haykuro

Nov 21, 2008
Sunrise
Just a quick one, because google did so much over the last few days... Google ION is that the donut build? or is it just the plain vanila rom they had loaded onto their 'magic's'?

Plain vanila rom they had loaded onto their magics.

This ROM is pretty much ADP with amazon mp3 and some google spice.

the one thing that i'm loving is the speed. it's VERY fast.

N3xt2N0N3

Aug 17, 2007
Brooklyn
www.doughboydesigns.com
http://www.droiddeveloper.com/hrbuilds/ion-signed.zip

here you go guys.

as i'm doing homework right now, i didn't have much time to really do much to it.

This is the exact google ion rom (thx to Disconnect [www.andblogs.net] for getting it together within the first day) but ported to run on the G1.

It runs extremely fast (from my first impressions).

I will be adding the root application and further things later on. (this post will be updated and i will tweet when that happens).

Enjoy for now guys :)

EDIT: heads up, SPL 1.33.2005 is required to run this rom.

Is this the rom that was on the black HTC Magic that was giving out? Will Apps2SD work?

Last edited:

Pinesal

Jan 28, 2009
Apperently, this us the OS that is preloaded on those phone they gave out at the Google I/O event.

I would like to know more about this particular build, is there some good info about it somewhere?

Has anyone installed this without wiping?

rsfaze

Jan 14, 2007
Orlando, Fl
you must flash the radio before you flash the new spl

I'm not sure if the radio is included but since you have to flash the radio to do the spl to then flash this.. I think your covered.

notxel21

Dec 2, 2008
Jacksonville
twitter.com
I'm on your 6.0r1 build and I have the new SPL but you mentioned something about root, will this build remove the root bug and does it facilitate A2SD? Thanks for all of your Hard work!

Haykuro = Greatness!!:D