[Prg] Anti Creeper *** Anti-Spy Suite

Search This thread

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
This project will start being developed over the next few weeks in response to the various fears and worries that have come out over Phone Creeper.
I did promise to do my part in alleviating worries.
All source code will be provided with this program so people see how it works, how it will help and disseminate mistrust.
Anyone who is wishing to help in creation is more than welcome and any ideas on new techniques of stopping invasive programs are also welcome.

The first steps of this program will be to search for the following symptoms:

* SMS Interception: By searching for messages that arrive on the the phone, yet never make it to the inbox.
* Bounce Detection of SMS: by searching for quick duplication of incoming and outgoing message parts.
* Bounce Detection of calls: by searching for outgoing calls placed to a phone number was very recently listed inside an SMS transmission.
* Hidden Startup: search for startup entries with the "hidden" attribute enabled.
* Auto Boot apps: search for auto-install storage cards such as " \storage folder\2577"

AppToDate will be used receiving application updates as time goes on.

It will probably be at least a week or two before any code goes up, as I need a little rest from programming for a little while before I get too manic.

Last edited:

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
i can help if using C# and CF
if possible, create a project on codeplex and let's all contribute to this. who knows? we might make the next AntiVirus/AntySpyware ;)

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
Just an update..
It's taken a little longer to get started than I wanted.
I'm trying to keep my code as clean as possible also since it will be public and others hopefully will want to contribute.
I have created a codeplex project but it won't be active until the first code is published. I was hoping to have it up this weekend but I decided to have a life and hang out with friends instead.
I have a good amount of ground work finished, including the detection of hidden files in unusual places and autostart detection. I also have encryption (hashing, salting) functions finished to securely encrypt your settings from tampering.
Now i'm just going to finish off SMS monitoring and give it a (hopefully somewhat attractive) UI.
Just letting people who are curious know that i'm still working on it and will be available shortly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project will start being developed over the next few weeks in response to the various fears and worries that have come out over Phone Creeper.
    I did promise to do my part in alleviating worries.
    All source code will be provided with this program so people see how it works, how it will help and disseminate mistrust.
    Anyone who is wishing to help in creation is more than welcome and any ideas on new techniques of stopping invasive programs are also welcome.

The first steps of this program will be to search for the following symptoms:

* SMS Interception: By searching for messages that arrive on the the phone, yet never make it to the inbox.
    * Bounce Detection of SMS: by searching for quick duplication of incoming and outgoing message parts.
    * Bounce Detection of calls: by searching for outgoing calls placed to a phone number was very recently listed inside an SMS transmission.
    * Hidden Startup: search for startup entries with the "hidden" attribute enabled.
    * Auto Boot apps: search for auto-install storage cards such as " \storage folder\2577"

AppToDate will be used receiving application updates as time goes on.

It will probably be at least a week or two before any code goes up, as I need a little rest from programming for a little while before I get too manic.
    chetstriker why don't you just say if you working or not on it?
    I hope yes!

Sorry for the delay, I guess the answer is that i'm not sure yet.
    I had stopped working on the anti-creeper and phone creeper many months ago when I had switched to a nexus one phone.
    However I have just received an HD MINI about a week ago in exchange for continuing the Phone Creeper program.
    I also just had a baby :) (well, ok my wife did)
    So I still am interested in this project and want to pursue it but my time is very limited. For right now, I can say I'm not but I wouldn't say that I will not pick this project back up again especially since I have already gotten so far on it.
    Sorry for the ambiguous answer.
    As a suggestion you could attach the file to your post here.

here it is + some screenshots :)