[APP] SGS Toolbox [22-04-2011 v0.5.6]

Search This thread

uiterlix

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

I created a little toolbox app for the Galaxy S. It requires root and has the following functions:

- Check & backup device product code files (req. root)
- Access hidden dialer code menu's
- Reboot and reboot into recovery (req. root)
- Mount /system as rw (and back to ro) (req. root)
- CSC Selection
- Scan SD card for corrupt image/movie files and remove these to prevent the mediaserver process from going crazy and draining your battery.

Hope you like it. Suggestions for additions and bug reports are welcome.

Cheers,

Xander

THE APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE IN THE ANDROID MARKET! If you like it consider the Donate version.

0.5.6 changelog

- Check for busybox at launch
- UI changes
- Fixed remount for gingerbread.

0.5.3 changelog

- CSC Selection and product code check functions didn't work on a fresh install when the efs backup hadn't been done before.

0.5.2 changelog

- Fixed the GPS test menu.
- Removed the unnecessary internet permission.

Attachments

• SGS-Toolbox-Free-0.5.3.apk
    28.6 KB · Views: 7,016
  • SGS-Toolbox-0.5.6-free.apk
    37.5 KB · Views: 13,181
Last edited:

uiterlix

Sep 27, 2007
Reserved for changelog...

v0.1 - Added shortcut to Phone and Battery info menu.
v0.2 - Writing nv_data backup to a timestamped folder in /sdcard/ProductCodeCheck/yyyyMMdd-HHmmSS
v0.3 - Added menu option for CSC selection menu, reboot and reboot into recovery.
Menu items requiring root have been marked red and are disabled.
v0.3.1 - Fixed the app icon so the corners are transparent instead of black. Looks better on your homescreen :)
v0.4 - Added option for remounting the /system mountpoint as r/w (and vice versa)
v0.4.1 - Bug fixes
v0.4.2 - Bug fixes and error code reporting

Last edited:
Reactions: leadergr

HaTeNL

Aug 10, 2010
Nice app :) Good to see that I still had XEN code and it also backed up the nv_data.bin and the .nv_data.bak file :D

uiterlix

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

Just created version 0.3 with these new options:
- CSC selection menu
- reboot
- reboot into recovery

You can find the APK in the first post.

zr0ko0l

Dec 21, 2009
Riverside
hello, would this work on the new samsung fascinate for verizon? i already have root access and i am wanting to try this great app. thanks

Namiga

Aug 16, 2010
Thanks for the app :)

BTW, and excuse the noob question.... for what is the option Check Product code ?
It writes a file nv_data ... for what is that file ?
Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I created a little toolbox app for the Galaxy S. It requires root and has the following functions:

- Check & backup device product code files (req. root)
    - Access hidden dialer code menu's
    - Reboot and reboot into recovery (req. root)
    - Mount /system as rw (and back to ro) (req. root)
    - CSC Selection
    - Scan SD card for corrupt image/movie files and remove these to prevent the mediaserver process from going crazy and draining your battery.

Hope you like it. Suggestions for additions and bug reports are welcome.

Cheers,

Xander

THE APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE IN THE ANDROID MARKET! If you like it consider the Donate version.

0.5.6 changelog

- Check for busybox at launch
    - UI changes
    - Fixed remount for gingerbread.

0.5.3 changelog

- CSC Selection and product code check functions didn't work on a fresh install when the efs backup hadn't been done before.

0.5.2 changelog

- Fixed the GPS test menu.
    - Removed the unnecessary internet permission.
    Reserved for changelog...

v0.1 - Added shortcut to Phone and Battery info menu.
    v0.2 - Writing nv_data backup to a timestamped folder in /sdcard/ProductCodeCheck/yyyyMMdd-HHmmSS
    v0.3 - Added menu option for CSC selection menu, reboot and reboot into recovery.
    Menu items requiring root have been marked red and are disabled.
    v0.3.1 - Fixed the app icon so the corners are transparent instead of black. Looks better on your homescreen :)
    v0.4 - Added option for remounting the /system mountpoint as r/w (and vice versa)
    v0.4.1 - Bug fixes
    v0.4.2 - Bug fixes and error code reporting
    Hi there,

I just posted an updated version of the SGS toolbox app in the android market. The new CSC selection and efs backup option are available in the non donate version as well.

Added a new feature to scan the SD card for images/videos that are corrupt (with filesize 0). When found these can be automatically deleted. Corrupt image files cause the mediaserver process to go crazy resulting in high battery drain.

Feature requests are welcome!

Cheers,
    Xander
    Hi guys,

Finally I found some time to work on this app again. New version is up in the market and in the opening post.
    Feature request are welcome!

Cheers,

Xander
    Create manually a folder named "sgstoolbox" on your sd-card, then the error is gone.

SOLVED: thanks