Lollipop & Gravity Box - Two Quick Setting Tiles not being removed

Search This thread

andyxo

Aug 30, 2019
Lollipop 5.10
Wiko Highwar Star (phone)

Hi guys, hope you can please steer me in the right direction. Am late to the Lollipop party (just upgraded my phone finally to LP 5.10 from KK 4.4.4), and I immediately noticed that my phone has a very bad Quick Settings tiles (the ones that display pulling down up top on the Notification Bar). By bad I mean no flashlight tile and a whole bunch of other tiles that serve me no purpose.

So I rooted the phone, installed custom bootloader, installed Xposed, all for the purpose of installing Gravity Box so to hopefully tailor my Quick Settings to my needs. But unfortunately it seems I am only half successful because I still have two tiles displaying (Smart Standby & W Mode - don't even know what they do) that I can't make disappear using Gravity Box because they are not listed under its settings for Quick Settings Tiles so to uncheck them to make them disappear. I had thought that Gravity Box would only display those tiles that I have checked in its options, but that does not seem to be the case as I have those last two system stock tiles still displaying. So help please... is there a way that I haven't figured out yet in Gravity Box to make these last two tiles disappear even though their names are not in its options to uncheck?

If not, is there a way to make all my Quick Settings Tiles disappear and then use some other Xposed module (or app) to add only the ones I want back in?

Oh I guess I should mention that this phone has no stock option, none whatsover, to alter the Quick Settings Tiles which is why I was resorted to installing Xposed.. Even tapping or long pressing the main Settings button didn't bring up any way to alter the quick settings tiles.

Cheers guys for some guidance :)

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@andyxo, could you specify the Lollipop ROM you're using. GravityBox is designed for mostly vanilla/plain AOSP ROMs. Depending on your ROM GB may or may not be able to do all that you want as stated in the module's various threads.

Maybe copy and paste your post in the GravityBox Lollipop thread. Don't forget to mention your ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3037566

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Project New World 8.1.0, Multiboot, XDA Legacy

andyxo

Aug 30, 2019
@andyxo, could you specify the Lollipop ROM you're using. GravityBox is designed for mostly vanilla/plain AOSP ROMs. Depending on your ROM GB may or may not be able to do all that you want as stated in the module's various threads.

Maybe copy and paste your post in the GravityBox Lollipop thread. Don't forget to mention your ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3037566

Hi, thanks for your post... the ROM is the one that came with my phone (Wiko Highway Star). Ya, I figured that Gravity Box has that limitation but am hoping someone could provide an alternate solution (besides Gravity Box) to getting rid of those last two pesky stock Quick Setting tiles. Such as a different module to totally remove all Lollipop Quick Setting tiles (I don't see such an option in Gravity Box, darn!) , then I could just find an app to add in the ones I want. Or some other solution, one that I haven't thought of yet ;)

Last edited:

andyxo

Aug 30, 2019
So haven't had any luck yet in totally removing all Quick Settings from Lollipop 5.10. I found a 5.0 version of SystemUI Tuner but that didn't do it. Tried various Xposed modules for other phones with the hopes of making it work but nope....

So Lollipop has been around for a long time... am really surprised that there is no Xposed module (or at least one that I have found) that can actually remove all Quick Settings what with all the coders and modders populating the world. If even just for a plain jane Lollipop android that I could try. What am I missing here?

Edit: So it seems I solved my first world problem using an app called Custom Quick Settings. For some reason this app had exactly the two pesky stock toggles I needed to remove from my Quick Settings tiles: Slip cover removed W mode and Smartstandby removed Smart Standby (go figure). For some reason (got lucky) Custom Quick Settings had these toggles turn-off-able while Grav Box doesn't. So am using both apps at the same time because Grav Box has more options relating to Quick Settings while just using Custom Quick Settings to remove those two peskies. So far they are playing well together.... posting this just in case may help someone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: marcdw

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Nice find @andyxo. ?
I'll keep that app in mind if I ever come across some stubborn tiles that GravityBox can't handle.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Candy7 v5.2 ROM, Google free - no microG, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So haven't had any luck yet in totally removing all Quick Settings from Lollipop 5.10. I found a 5.0 version of SystemUI Tuner but that didn't do it. Tried various Xposed modules for other phones with the hopes of making it work but nope....

So Lollipop has been around for a long time... am really surprised that there is no Xposed module (or at least one that I have found) that can actually remove all Quick Settings what with all the coders and modders populating the world. If even just for a plain jane Lollipop android that I could try. What am I missing here?

Edit: So it seems I solved my first world problem using an app called Custom Quick Settings. For some reason this app had exactly the two pesky stock toggles I needed to remove from my Quick Settings tiles: Slip cover removed W mode and Smartstandby removed Smart Standby (go figure). For some reason (got lucky) Custom Quick Settings had these toggles turn-off-able while Grav Box doesn't. So am using both apps at the same time because Grav Box has more options relating to Quick Settings while just using Custom Quick Settings to remove those two peskies. So far they are playing well together.... posting this just in case may help someone :)