[ROM][4.4.4]09/10[CrossCompiled][CyanogenMod11w/Sabermod,Linaro-03][Semi-nightlies]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

Alright, well it's about time Google. What we have here is going to be CM11 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy S2 i777 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be updated from CyanogenMod as well. I could theme this if interested as well and at some point I will add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on CWM 6.0.4.4+ before flashing ROM!
I by far recommend TWRP tho as that is what all testing will be done with because I no longer use CWM.
Download the zip
Download compatible Gapps
WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
Flash the Rom
Flash Gapps
Reboot
Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
Download the zip
WIPE Cache
WIPE Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Reboot

Current build:09192014

New Downloads: Shifted CM11 Builds

Downloads: CM11 Builds

Recommended Recovery SGH-959G: TWRP 2.7.0.1 courtesy of @mr-cook of course

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
(Others may work but I've only tested these)

Custom kernel: Shift

Apple Emoji for your I777: Apple Emoji

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to:
@infected_ @mr-cook for random questions, solid input and the twrp recovery

for helping me in anyway that I've asked to the best of their abilites. You guys have been awesome!!!!

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

I think that's it for now. Thanks guys and enjoy the BRAND NEW ANDROID for this seemingly never dying phone lol

This is NEVER expected but if you like my work and would like to buy me a beer you are more than welcome. Feels strange if posting this lol

Donate:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Donated. THANKS guys, you're awesome @BROKKANIC 7U939739JP1534703 @walttheboss 2x

Last edited:

grave_digger

Feb 16, 2011
This is probably a stupid question, what is the difference between this and omni ROM? I know there is some just dont know what. Thanks guys

The grave digger will be the last person in the world to "let you down in a tight spot."
Sent from my SGH-S959G

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
This is probably a stupid question, what is the difference between this and omni ROM? I know there is some just dont know what. Thanks guys

The grave digger will be the last person in the world to "let you down in a tight spot."
Sent from my SGH-S959G

I honestly haven't used Omni in probably 18 months so maybe @cyril279 could help me out here. I know it's similar but from I can remember from way back at least is that cm was more feature rich but again that's been awhile. Sorry been busy trying to as linaro and some small tweaks the kernel and it's been eating my spare time. Not to mention I still have to keep my actual phone updated as well and I run those build as well. I could you another quad core or a couple duo's lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

geicogecko

Dec 28, 2009
I haven't flashed this yet, but for anyone who has, does Soundsearch work? I'm on love4k21's build right now.

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Do you have sound search from Google play installed? I've never had it not work on a ROM. Granted, i don't use it that much though...

It's in the recommended gapps for this ROM, but I've had it before, back when Render was still working on 4.4.2. It's a massive battery hog, and so I just disable it w/ TIB

jackal2001

Aug 25, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
Can anyone tell me if the GPS is working on this rom? So far the only rom that I've found GPS to be working on 4.4.2 would be SOKP Ported Milestone 1.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can anyone tell me if the GPS is working on this rom? So far the only rom that I've found GPS to be working on 4.4.2 would be SOKP Ported Milestone 1.

It works. I always use GPS status with this phone. First lock takes about a minute but it's faster after that but I always use the high accuracy with this device

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MO11

Dec 31, 2013

Sent from my SGH-S959G

omni rom has a great experience but just as a stock KK means features free but cm has a lot more features and i believe with the latest nighties i have had more smoothness aside from the new update to 4.4.3 which isn't so smooth yet as its still just out . i have tried omni at first but i settled for the cm experience bc its just smooth and feature loaded without any lag , also slim saber by cyril is fantastic and he didd a great job with his solid base but still miss the unique slim customizations :). so if i may recommend go with cm but if wanting some minimal taste then go with slim :). hope this made it a bit clear for you :) :cyclops:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
New build up. Switched download repository. Updated OP and I also changed the gapps link to an updated version that should work for this device. I'll finish adding linaro to the kernel before the next build just haven't had time to finish editing some things I wanted to test quite yet. Flash and report any issues. Thanks

Last edited:

jackal2001

Aug 25, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
New build up. Switched download repository. Updated OP and I also changed the gapps link to an updated version that should work for this device. I'll finishing adding linaro to the kernel before the next build just haven't had time to finish editing some things I wanted to test quite yet. Flash and report any issues. Thanks

Arrggghh. Just got the rom installed and now a new one. My typical dumb luck. Anyway I have the 01/05/2014 gapps installed. Seems to be working ok except lately I keep getting the contacts failing to sync. tryed clearing the data for contact storage, but it seems to be a problem in the future.
Anyway, what is the difference with the new Gapps you put up? Do I just install the gapps you put together over top of my existing gapps in recovery?

Reactions: rogersb11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

Alright, well it's about time Google. What we have here is going to be CM11 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy S2 i777 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be updated from CyanogenMod as well. I could theme this if interested as well and at some point I will add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on CWM 6.0.4.4+ before flashing ROM!
    I by far recommend TWRP tho as that is what all testing will be done with because I no longer use CWM.
    Download the zip
    Download compatible Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
    Download the zip
    WIPE Cache
    WIPE Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot

Current build:09192014

New Downloads: Shifted CM11 Builds

Downloads: CM11 Builds

Recommended Recovery SGH-959G: TWRP 2.7.0.1 courtesy of @mr-cook of course

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
    (Others may work but I've only tested these)

Custom kernel: Shift

Apple Emoji for your I777: Apple Emoji

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to:
    @infected_ @mr-cook for random questions, solid input and the twrp recovery

for helping me in anyway that I've asked to the best of their abilites. You guys have been awesome!!!!

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

I think that's it for now. Thanks guys and enjoy the BRAND NEW ANDROID for this seemingly never dying phone lol

This is NEVER expected but if you like my work and would like to buy me a beer you are more than welcome. Feels strange if posting this lol

Donate:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Donated. THANKS guys, you're awesome @BROKKANIC 7U939739JP1534703 @walttheboss 2x
    build up...........https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460793

Just a note, I'm working on my own custom rom which is started from CM11, once I get it fully set up and working as should these builds my completely stop but if they do I will open a new thread with the new ROM. Just thought I would put that out there. Enjoy the build guys, already tested and running on my S2. Thanks

Well there already was but now more. I'll be uploading before long. Rebuilding InCallUI, hopefully it's fixed. If not I'll rework the whole damn thing, I might anyway. Either way this is a really good upgrade. More to come. @cyril279 I haven't forgotten. I'll be looking tonight or tomorrow as I'll be working in there anyway

Edit: well here you go. Clean install, if not may not boot. Flash as usual, gapps as well, issue fixed. Do not use slim gapps as they would not boot for me. Screenshots coming if my lazy tester @razen_kain would ever do anything haha.
    Additional features, dark ui as before, advanced reboot default, developer options default, glowpad torch, battery around unlock ring, appbar, pie control, navigation bar, custom system animations, custom color and I'm sure I missed something. And of course my shift kernel. Enjoy, really is a big upgrade I assure you

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712466963
    I'm about to start a build now everyone but repo sync is taking forever and it looks like some pretty big additions and also removals are occurring so must have some major changes so I'm running a completely fresh build which will take longer. I'm mentioning this because I'm going to recommend a completely fresh install from scratch and don't restore with Titanium because it's a bunch of system changes and checks and references that are changing which could and most likely will lead to some errors. I realize that's a PITA as I can't stand doing it myself either but sometimes it's necessary and should be done at least fairly frequently when you flash things as often as we do here at XDA. Thanks guys. Hope you are still enjoying because I'm still loving deving for this wonderful and everlasting I777/959G community

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    New builds are up. Been busy on some other stuff. May lessen these just a little but be more consistent. It's a good build