Flashing Guide For Noobs (Text/Images/Video)

Search This thread

abd28xd

Jan 29, 2011
Okay I Have Noticed Everywhere that most of the guys don't really know how to flash their phones and because of this they end up with their phones being bricked
so i decided to write a tutorial that will be tailored for the noobs!

Okay Now Here Are The Things you must keep in mind before flashing
  • First Of All , for a safe installation you need to check your phone's battery is not less than 20% because the flashing process takes about 17% of your battery
  • Then its compulsory to backup your essential data through Samsung Kies!!
  • Never touch, use , operate the phone whilst it is being flashed
  • Never operate the computer between the flashing process or the flashing will be slowed down
  • You need to have a alot of pateince for this
  • The fota is not necessary for flashing it can be left out
  • Do not blame me of the brick of your phone, i did my level best to explain you

Things you need:
  • Multiloader 5.65 is the best for flashing bada 2.01, but other versions work just fine with bada 1.x
  • A bada rom, which you can get from SamFirmware
  • Patience a lot of it

PROCEDURE:
  • Firstly extract the downloaded rom
  • Then examine the files carefully, and delete the *.fota file
  • Now if you are flashing bada 2.0 open multiloader 5.65 if not any other version is okay
  • Okay now after opening it tick the "Boot change" and the "Full Download"
  • Then click on the boot, this will open a explorer window then select the bootfiles folder
  • then click amss, this will open the explorer again then navigate to the amss.bin file in the rom
  • do this with all other fields but not for "fota", "tune", "PFS", "ETC"
  • then after this is done, take out the sim and memory card that is in the your phone
  • then go to download mode by using this combination Volume Down+Lock Key+Power Key, this will take you to download mode
  • then connect your phone with the PC through the cable
  • click port search
  • after the search is done, the feild just below the PORT SEARCH button will be filled with this "Ready [LISMORE]"
  • then click download
  • now if you are flashing bada 2.0 , then just after the multiloader flashes the bootfiles the phone will restart in the download mode
  • but the multiloader will not detect it, and this is normal :eek:
  • then a message will appear in multiloader that phone not detected , this is normal :eek:
  • so you can exit it now, trust me nothing will happen, but DONT disconnect the phone!!!!!!! :mad:
  • in the meanwhile the PC will be installing new drivers of the Phone and this will take a while depending on the internet connection because it will be downloading the drivers :rolleyes:
  • after the installation of drivers is done ;)
  • open again the Multiloader and repeat the steps of selecting the rom files
  • then again click port search
  • again this Message will appear "Ready [LISMORE]"
  • Then click "Download" now the flashing process will go smoothly
  • During the flashing process DO NOT turn off the Computer and neither the Phone
  • After the flashing is done this message will appear in the sidebox "All files completed" :D
  • Disconnect the phone, A blue screen will appear after the Samsung Wave Screen, this is normal and do not turn the phone off during this process also
  • The phone will again restart after this message will appear on the screen "OK Restart Now"
  • And Voila You got the new Rom In Your Wave!! :cool: :cool:

Thank Me, If This helped me! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Video will be coming soon! ;)

Last edited:

deepsas

Jul 30, 2011
London
•Then examine the files carefully, and delete the *.fota, and (mid).rc1 file•Now if you are flashing bada 2.0 open multiloader 5.65 if not any other version is okay
•Okay now after opening it tick the "Boot change" and the "Full Download"

Above i marked in red can u plz explain...
1. why to delete those files
2.many site says dont tick Boot change

Thanks in adavance..

abd28xd

Jan 29, 2011
•Then examine the files carefully, and delete the *.fota, and (mid).rc1 file•Now if you are flashing bada 2.0 open multiloader 5.65 if not any other version is okay
•Okay now after opening it tick the "Boot change" and the "Full Download"

Above i marked in red can u plz explain...
1. why to delete those files
2.many site says dont tick Boot change

Thanks in adavance..

sorry do not delete the *.rc1 file but yes fota can be deleted .... the reason is that deleting is not necessary , but you still dont be needing it anyway! because its of no use!

no boot change has to ticked strictly , because bada 2.0 and bada 1.x have different bootfiles so boot change is necessary!

deepsas

Jul 30, 2011
London
no boot change has to ticked strictly , because bada 2.0 and bada 1.x have different bootfiles so boot change is necessary!

FYI, i flashed successfully to bada 2.0 without ticking boot change and also it is running from last 4-5 days without any issue..(As usual msg bug and known bugs in bada 2.0 are there)...

:cool:

pao9195

Jul 20, 2010
yeah no need to tick boot change if you ticked already the full download, coz once we ticked the full download, boot change tab is grayish w/c means deactivated.