[ROM][10-26-13]Homemade CM 10.2 with cherry picks ~ Working IR/USB OTG support

Search This thread

oaliaso

Jun 26, 2010
Detroit Suburbia
Is the new build purely APN changes? Since I flash over Ting APNs, could it still help me or no?

Yea it's just the Apn file?

So I found the flashable Ting APNs Stephen304 mentions (https://help.ting.com/entries/23423026-Flashable-Zip-Fixed-LTE-eHRPD-for-CyanogenMod)

Should it work to just replace the apns-config.xml in this build with the ting apns-config.xml and skip a few steps to getting this 10.2 working? It looks like it just copies his system folder over which would overwrite the apn file... right?

Seems too simple, but sometimes simple works :p I really wanna get back to CM based roms

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
So I found the flashable Ting APNs Stephen304 mentions (https://help.ting.com/entries/23423026-Flashable-Zip-Fixed-LTE-eHRPD-for-CyanogenMod)

Should it work to just replace the apns-config.xml in this build with the ting apns-config.xml and skip a few steps to getting this 10.2 working? It looks like it just copies his system folder over which would overwrite the apn file... right?

Seems too simple, but sometimes simple works :p I really wanna get back to CM based roms

yea do that. I never even heard of ting.

Reactions: oaliaso

oaliaso

Jun 26, 2010
Detroit Suburbia
Thanks! :) I downloaded your latest and will mod it with my apn and flash her tonight

FYI Ting is a Sprint MVNO that only charges for what you use, no contract, billed at the end of the month for only what you use. Considering most of my use is data based on wifi, my GF only texts and is on wifi, my parents don't use their phones except on wifi... We've got 4 lines and last month my bill was still only $90 with some excessive use on my part since my employer provided wifi hotspot was on the fritz ;)

lilflip21

Feb 18, 2009
Rochester, MN
t.co
10/14 build - I haven't had any APN stuck data situations today so it seems to be handing off nicely but I am getting MMS stuck on "Sending" which might be due to the no 1x available tried both on Wifi and on 3G (No LTE thanks Sprint). Could just be towers around me too I have always had intermittent success with Sprint MMS on CM builds on all my devices all the way back to CM7 on OG Evo. So nothing too surprising but was really hoping with toast looking into it might finally get 100% fixed but not yet for me at least.. Thanks David!

Edit: After about an hour with an MMS stuck at "Sending" I lost all data coverage in a bathroom and it finally sent lol

Last edited:

oaliaso

Jun 26, 2010
Detroit Suburbia
Confirming for Ting users that if you replace the apn config in the CM zips with the one from the zip I posted that you get a functional phone :) Now to track down why g+ has used 30% of my battery...

atroph

Sep 14, 2011
I am having the same issues, but it isn't that much of a deal for me. Voice works fine. 3g data comes from by broadband connection so I just use wifi for data.

I think I found another issue related to the APNs.

I use a different PRL that allows 3g roaming on Verizon for when I go to my hometown with zero Sprint coverage. I noticed that if I have it in automatic it seems to seek out the Verizon (or other CDMA) towers and won't let go of them even though I am in a saturated Sprint area. I wonder if this is related to the 3g/1x issue that is experienced with the Airave?

If I set it to home only all is good.

oaliaso

Jun 26, 2010
Detroit Suburbia
Yeah... I used this for a few days in a 4g area and it was great. But the last 2 days I've mostly been in areas with poor Sprint signal and have had no data at all :/ I thought I was all good. Guess not. Having to run a 700mb ROM on my phone just to get reliable data service is starting get on my nerves... The Nexus 5 can not be released fast enough for me.

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Deck must have something up his sleeve.. Didn't know he started pushing builds in irc again.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

fabian21

Apr 30, 2008
Running ROM

Hey , First of all thanks for the ROM, its very sleek and i like it.

I have an issue though, I have LTE but its way slow. like timing out slow.

i have s=on
rooted and running hboot1.55

any ideas what i need to do?

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
He drops them in the evo Lte channel but he pin them to the room. You gotta be there or get somebody to pass the link to you. The experimental too so :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007

Top Liked Posts