[PROGRAM] Bay_wolf's ROM Installer and Recovery App

Search This thread

bay_wolf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2007
New Program which makes this obsolete.
Link

Bay_wolf's ROM Installer:

This is just an intial release but should be fairly bug free. One known bug is that in Windows 7 (possibly Vista), sometimes after finishing the application it asks if the program installed successfully. Just press that it did successfully install and it'll go away. Just for safety on my behalf: I'm distributing this program as-is and no guarantee that it will not hurt your phone. So, use at your own risk and don't blame me for bricking your phone.

Now that the legal (save my butt) stuff is out of the way...

Before Using this program, backup using Titanium Backup if you so desire.

To use this program you need to:

Be on the stock Captivate ROM or have flashed back to it using ODIN. This most likely will not work with Captivates running Froyo.

Enable USB debugging mode- Go to settings> Applications> Development> And then check the box next to USB debugging.

Have the USB drivers for the Captivate installed on your computer. You can get them here.

Have the ROM of your desire downloaded to your hard drive.

Know a little bit about flashing and ROMs.

And that's about it. Most of the instructions are given to you by the program and are not needed to be written out here. If you find any part confusing, please comment in this thread and I'll try to implement it in the next release and I'll tell you what it means as a temporary solution.

Download: ROM Installer 1.1

Bay_wolf's Recovery App:

Also included here is an app that's just designed to reboot your phone into recovery mode. It's great for not having to press buttons after flashing to stock. Just make sure your phone is plugged in and not mounted and it'll reboot you into recovery mode when you open the program. This can be used with any Captivate and possibly more phones (can't test that as I don't have any other ones).

Download: Recovery App 1.0

Donations are appreciated if you found this program helpful:

Last edited:

bay_wolf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2007
Updated the ROM Installer. Made some of the wording of the steps a little easier.

xtremekilla09

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
I like it, it is very good for beginners as they can be assured of the steps to flash a ROM. Great Job