[ROM] MacLite-FB0 v1.3 final (update 03 Sept 2012)

Search This thread

mmaacc

Jul 28, 2008
Hi Gang,

Some of you may remember me from something I had done to the HTC Desire http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=755339 :)
May it rest in peace...

I got this Foxconn device, called Wellcom A99, nowadays and thought I give it a ramp up :). As previously, I'm pretty much a minimalist guy to squeeze the max out of my toys when and wherever I can. Here you go :)

This is a scaled down stock ROM, in terms of apps and memory hogging services. It took quite a while to go through testing and I assume I could get rid of all the bloat, still not compromising functionality. A number of apps are updated to the latest current versions as well.

The ROM does not touch anything kernel, governors etc.. I've been playing a bit with MIUI and CM7 and was somewhat disappointed particularly about battery lifetime. This MacLite should run lite, and smooth, with best in class performance. I will still look further into improvements, but I'm not jumping onto the overclock bandwagon. It's based on the latest (I think) Gingerbread 2.3.4 available from Wellcom for the FIH phone which you can grab in it's full beauty from here: http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/.

This thing is FAST and without compromise. Everything works! It went through numerous versions and rounds of feedback, thanks for that. The latest and final version MacLite-FB0 v1.3, based on the last Wellcom firmware, adds, updates and fixes a number of things that should make it even more useful.

Thank you all for your input and feedback!

Changelog (v1.3)
- Last version based on Wellcom ROM
- Application Updates:
File Browser 2.0100.01
Note Pad 2.0040.02
Google Search 1.3.3.247963
Zeam Launcher 3.1.10
- 200MB+ free memory (thought I mention that finally hehe)
- This is the final release of MacLite-FB0 v1.x

Changelog (v1.3s)
- Further reduced Smaller v1.3 without Gmail and Email (useful if you use 3rd party Email applications and don't want to have those running useless in the background)

Changelog (v1.2)
- Removed Google Maps and Streetview, the latest update v6 appears to be somewhat of a memory and battery hog/zombie that comes to life all the time again, unkillable ;). You now have the option to flash a separate Maps/Street package v5 or v6
- Fixed a number of app signatures that prevented automatic updates
- As requested, added more languages (new locales for DE, ES, FR, NL, IT, PT, RU)
- If you use TouchPal Keyboard you can download the additional language libraries for free from the Market, I did not include these as not everybody needs all of them

Changelog (v1.2s)
- Further reduced Smaller v1.2 without Gmail and Email (useful if you use 3rd party Email applications and don't want to have those running useless in the background)

Changelog (v1.1)
- Added Email application back
- Update of Google Maps, Zeam, Youtube, Google Mail
- Ringtones and notification sounds are stored after reboot
- Additional languages are added (now English, Chinese, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese)
- CDA partition access now possible during update
- Modification of a number of apps and settings stored in CDA
- New boot animation
- A number of changes under the hood

To get MacLite-FB0 installed, I would recommend to get CWM Recovery installed first and flash the zip through it. You guys know how this works. Please do a factory reset. There are also a number of modifications possible to the boot screen and animation. Please check out the hidden partition (press volume up and power button to get into these, works best with Linux that automounts)

The ROM is odexed for performance reasons. I don't buy the argument of having deodexed ROMs for modifications, it's detrimental for speed and memory usage in my opinion.

It features Zeam launcher for being the fastest and smallest around, please feel free to install any other of your choice :). Wallpapers are not included, they are part of the official Launcher2 package which I killed, but any pics will work.

Please feed back on any old or new bugs found :).

Enough said, check out for yourself :)

Download (links fixed, 03/09):
MacLite-FB0 v1.3
MacLite-FB0 v1.3s

I consider version 1.3 based on the Wellcom firmware final. We saw already a new Android 2.3.5 from Sharp popping up, mixed with Motorola code as it seems. Eventually this will be the foundation for a version 2 of MacLite.

Cheers!
Mac

Attachments

• MacLite1.jpg
    MacLite1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2,164
  • MacLite2.jpg
    MacLite2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,945
  • MacLite3.jpg
    MacLite3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,723
Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
thanks and welcome aboard happy to see one more developer for our Phone:D:D
ill try it some time this week and keep u posted on the same:D

mmaacc

Jul 28, 2008
This will leave out all NA users since we can't install the Wellcom rom on our Ascend X phones(u9000-81).
That is the CDMA phones? No, it wont work. Don't even try. Different radio.

Was just searching, if this uses HSPA as it seems it should work. No need to install the Wellcom ROM first.

Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
got confused one question

That is the CDMA phones? No, it wont work. Don't even try. Different radio.

Was just searching, if this uses HSPA as it seems it should work. No need to install the Wellcom ROM first.
hi
got slightly confused:eek::confused: im from India and i have tried the WelcomeA99 rom and have flashed many roms via CWM over the Indian stock rom This will also work the same way right:confused:

mmaacc

Jul 28, 2008
Yes, just use the normal flash. Did not want to confuse people. It will work :). It's just that the official ROM has some additional data and partitions that are normally not visible.

Reactions: haree

mi410

Oct 13, 2011
thanks for the rom.. it is really lite... just installed ... I think I would flash one of the Doomkernel / UC kernel... battery drain seems to be reduced...

mi410

Oct 13, 2011
not getting service provider's name. instead getting some number. how to fix that?

philpilar

Jan 26, 2005
Guys, do we really have to update to the wellcom rom first? I'm on miui 1.11.11. Also have a back up of andro-id rc2 on my sd. thanks

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Do you guys have a different donwnload link for the wellcom rom? the down speed from that site is really slow!!! :( 4 hours for a 200mb file?!? wow!

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Guys, do we really have to update to the wellcom rom first? I'm on miui 1.11.11. Also have a back up of andro-id rc2 on my sd. thanks

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Do you guys have a different donwnload link for the wellcom rom? the down speed from that site is really slow!!! :( 4 hours for a 200mb file?!? wow!
hi
dear pls do a little reading i have already asked the same question a few post above and macc has replied it it not needed but do a factry/data wipe and wipe delvi cache before flashing the same:)

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
just flashed ur rom today it simple and good thanks for the nice rom:)
dont see any problems as of now will keep u posted if any:):D

yashwantsingh

Sep 1, 2011
New Delhi
Great job

This rom is really great, it is very lite as sad by dev.:)
i always geat free ram more 200 MB :eek:
there are no issue till now.:cool:
i will like to see more update for this rom so it can more liter & liter;)
A BIG THX TO DEV FOR HIS HARD WORK FOR OUR DEVICES.:D

Last edited:

snakebitezz

Jun 13, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Works amazing No problems great Battery life only thing is FFC in gtalk doesn't work just been using my SGS4G because I like this device screen res better and camera app is sexy

cwleong59

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for the new lite rom and would like to flash it. Could you please state what is working and what is not eg fm and hdmi out working?

avi_wizard

Dec 9, 2010
Bangalore
Hi,

I flashed this ROM recently and its blazing fast. Thanks for the effor OP.
But what I find missing is the "Email" app. I need this on a day to day basis as my official mail uses Microsoft Exchange server. Can you provide the apk file if possible for our phone so that I can install it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Gang,

Some of you may remember me from something I had done to the HTC Desire http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=755339 :)
    May it rest in peace...

I got this Foxconn device, called Wellcom A99, nowadays and thought I give it a ramp up :). As previously, I'm pretty much a minimalist guy to squeeze the max out of my toys when and wherever I can. Here you go :)

This is a scaled down stock ROM, in terms of apps and memory hogging services. It took quite a while to go through testing and I assume I could get rid of all the bloat, still not compromising functionality. A number of apps are updated to the latest current versions as well.

The ROM does not touch anything kernel, governors etc.. I've been playing a bit with MIUI and CM7 and was somewhat disappointed particularly about battery lifetime. This MacLite should run lite, and smooth, with best in class performance. I will still look further into improvements, but I'm not jumping onto the overclock bandwagon. It's based on the latest (I think) Gingerbread 2.3.4 available from Wellcom for the FIH phone which you can grab in it's full beauty from here: http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/.

This thing is FAST and without compromise. Everything works! It went through numerous versions and rounds of feedback, thanks for that. The latest and final version MacLite-FB0 v1.3, based on the last Wellcom firmware, adds, updates and fixes a number of things that should make it even more useful.

Thank you all for your input and feedback!

Changelog (v1.3)
    - Last version based on Wellcom ROM
    - Application Updates:
    File Browser 2.0100.01
    Note Pad 2.0040.02
    Google Search 1.3.3.247963
    Zeam Launcher 3.1.10
    - 200MB+ free memory (thought I mention that finally hehe)
    - This is the final release of MacLite-FB0 v1.x

Changelog (v1.3s)
    - Further reduced Smaller v1.3 without Gmail and Email (useful if you use 3rd party Email applications and don't want to have those running useless in the background)

Changelog (v1.2)
    - Removed Google Maps and Streetview, the latest update v6 appears to be somewhat of a memory and battery hog/zombie that comes to life all the time again, unkillable ;). You now have the option to flash a separate Maps/Street package v5 or v6
    - Fixed a number of app signatures that prevented automatic updates
    - As requested, added more languages (new locales for DE, ES, FR, NL, IT, PT, RU)
    - If you use TouchPal Keyboard you can download the additional language libraries for free from the Market, I did not include these as not everybody needs all of them

Changelog (v1.2s)
    - Further reduced Smaller v1.2 without Gmail and Email (useful if you use 3rd party Email applications and don't want to have those running useless in the background)

Changelog (v1.1)
    - Added Email application back
    - Update of Google Maps, Zeam, Youtube, Google Mail
    - Ringtones and notification sounds are stored after reboot
    - Additional languages are added (now English, Chinese, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese)
    - CDA partition access now possible during update
    - Modification of a number of apps and settings stored in CDA
    - New boot animation
    - A number of changes under the hood

To get MacLite-FB0 installed, I would recommend to get CWM Recovery installed first and flash the zip through it. You guys know how this works. Please do a factory reset. There are also a number of modifications possible to the boot screen and animation. Please check out the hidden partition (press volume up and power button to get into these, works best with Linux that automounts)

The ROM is odexed for performance reasons. I don't buy the argument of having deodexed ROMs for modifications, it's detrimental for speed and memory usage in my opinion.

It features Zeam launcher for being the fastest and smallest around, please feel free to install any other of your choice :). Wallpapers are not included, they are part of the official Launcher2 package which I killed, but any pics will work.

Please feed back on any old or new bugs found :).

Enough said, check out for yourself :)

Download (links fixed, 03/09):
    MacLite-FB0 v1.3
    MacLite-FB0 v1.3s

I consider version 1.3 based on the Wellcom firmware final. We saw already a new Android 2.3.5 from Sharp popping up, mixed with Motorola code as it seems. Eventually this will be the foundation for a version 2 of MacLite.

Cheers!
    Mac
    Fixed the broken download links in the first posting.
    Playing with the new Sharp firmware, let's see if I can use that as new base :).

I can make a flashable Facebook package if that is of interest, similarly to the Maps versions, to simplify the process. Same for any other removed app. Please let me know.
    Hi,
    Can someone provide a link to the latest version of this ROM... The link on the first page is not working. I need the link for version 1.3

Thanks

Sent from my FIH-FB0 using XDA

Take a look at post #66 dear.http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22272055&postcount=66
    Yes, just use the normal flash. Did not want to confuse people. It will work :). It's just that the official ROM has some additional data and partitions that are normally not visible.