How to root Galaxy S3 4.1.1 Jellybean

Search This thread

ofolde

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks! I couldn't get my pc to recognize my gt after the 4th step on the first method so i didn't have any way to transfer the SuperSu to the phone. I used factory reset and tried the second method and it worked perfect! Thanks again!

Reactions: rehmankhan101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root Galaxy S3 GT i9300 4.1.1 Jellybean :good:

Dont try it on any other Galaxy S3 such as at&t and t mobile this is only for Galaxy S3 GT-i9300

Works 100%

First Method

how to install?

Download both files CWM and SUPERSU
    flash cwm touch through odin put supersu file in external memory reboot in recovery and flash it:good:

Congrats now u have Root on 4.1.1 Jellybean:silly:

this is my first post on xda:fingers-crossed:

Step by Step Guide to Root 4.1.1 GT-i9300:good:

1st step
    first download boths files then download odin search it in google and install it

2nd step
    power off your phone hold volume down button+ home button+ power botton hold all buttons together u will get a screen like volume down to restart voulme up to odin mode press volume up now connect your phone to computer

3rd step
    now open odin if u see COM something which is hilighted in green colour or other colour your good to go

4th step
    now click pda in odin and browse the recovery-cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9300.tar the one u have downloaded dont click anything else just press start

5th step
    your phone will be restarted now you have CWM touch in your phone
    now put the SuperSU-v0.94.zip in your mobile memory not in memory card e.g put it in download folder now power off ur phone.

6th Step
    Now Hold voulme up+ home button+ power button for 15 secs until u see the recovery click on screen install zip from sd card then click choose zip from sd card then find the folder where u put CWM file click e.g download click SuperSU-v0.94.zip and click yes and install it

now u have ROOT reply me if some problem happen

If the first method didn't work for you try second method

Second method

just flash this CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar file through odin and ur done and dont flash SuperSu if ur using this method

Here is the link for CF-Root-SGS-v6.4.tar
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81469590/CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar
    Worked like a charm. The perfect thread for people who just flashed over 4.1.1 JellyBean :) and want to root.
    hi kicker this is a complete safe way to root your phone i also have galaxy S3 4.1.1 on three uk network.....this rooting works on every baseband but the phone must have jellybean and works only on galaxy S3 Gt-19300 try this method it is totally safe and i am 100% sure this will not damage your phone

TRY IT
    hi, I have just got a s3 and it has 4.1.1 on it, is there a step by step guide on here on how to use oden etc please. I have downloaded the above 2 files.

many thanks
    ian