[DEV][APP][4.3] ASUS Camera - Start Porting For All Devices.

Search This thread

magicsoda

Jan 5, 2014
I love camera app from Zenfone 2 , it will be very cool to have it port on all devices, really hope that someone is capable to do that! :)

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Could yu pls help me by telling the clear procedure for installing the camera app...

Download the camera apk file from the first post in the thread. Then once you have done that transfer it to your device. After transferring the apk file to your device use a file manager app to locate the apk file then tap on the apk file. It should ask if you want to install it say yes and let it install. Note in order to do this you'll have to check allow unknown sources in the security section of your devices settings app.

Sudharsanss

Jan 12, 2016
Not opening

Good luck with your exam studying, and I will be happy to help best I can when you have more time.

Download the camera apk file from the first post in the thread. Then once you have done that transfer it to your device. After transferring the apk file to your device use a file manager app to locate the apk file then tap on the apk file. It should ask if you want to install it say yes and let it install. Note in order to do this you'll have to check allow unknown sources in the security section of your devices settings app.

I have installed the application in my lenovo k3 note, but its not opening, it says " Failed to open camera function ". How to resolve this ...???

chinmaypp

May 8, 2017
Need this app for lenovo P2

hey did you succeed in the port ? i would be happy if you help me with the port for lenovo P2

Can you do that ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frankly speaking, I am preparing for my mid-term test now...

Let me read the guide first. :)

Thx for your helps~

Good luck with your exam studying, and I will be happy to help best I can when you have more time.
    This is a development plan of porting AsusCamera.apk.

Coz I like the function of PixelMaster so much.

I have decompiled and sign for the apk now.

And it is able to be installed.

But worst of all, it can not be opened...

Now I hope anyone can help me to do this.

If this thread is not suitable for this category, hope manager can move it to the correct one.

Don't delete it, plz...

Sorry for my poor English...

You need to find all the library files, permissions and maybe some binaries for the apk..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    This is a development plan of porting AsusCamera.apk.

Coz I like the function of PixelMaster so much.

I have decompiled and sign for the apk now.

And it is able to be installed.

But worst of all, it can not be opened...

Now I hope anyone can help me to do this.

If this thread is not suitable for this category, hope manager can move it to the correct one.

Don't delete it, plz...

Sorry for my poor English...

I would recommend taking a look at this guide on "How to Port OEM Apps / Vendor Apps to Your Current ROM" as a great starting place for starting to get the app to work.
    Thank u for your advices. :)

U mean the path "/system/lib", right?

I have found 4 files (below) which contain "camera" in their names, but just have no idea to add into apk file.

Is there any possibility to the files that don't contain "camera", but are relative to the camera?

OK, I will take it a read, thank u. (y)

Once you find out the dependent files (Re-read the guide) you take these files and package them in CWM flashable .zip not necessarily adding them into the apk file.
    Thank u for your advices. :)

U mean the path "/system/lib", right?

I have found 4 files (below) which contain "camera" in their names, but just have no idea to add into apk file.

Is there any possibility to the files that don't contain "camera", but are relative to the camera?

OK, I will take it a read, thank u. (y)

Yes system/lib.. you can transfer them via recovery too instead of making a flash able zip..
    Yes there are possibilities that there will be files without the name camera in them.. but that's what logs are for;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app