[Q] Install Touchwiz Camera/Camcorder on GPE/CM/AOSP KitKat 4.4 Roms

Search This thread

ComputerNmyPocket

Nov 30, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I've tried several of the KitKat Roms posted here but they all seem to have the same problem; the camcorder takes somewhat choppy videos, like it's skipping frames. Is there any way I could install the Touchwiz camera from a 4.3 Touchwiz rom on one of these KitKat 4.4 roms that seem based on the GPE, AOSP or Cyanogenmod? First, would this even work? Second, how would I do it? I'm thinking maybe I make a backup of the camera using ES File Explorer when I'm running a Touchwiz rom, then I flash the new KitKat rom and restore my camera backup there. Would that work?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I've tried several of the KitKat Roms posted here but they all seem to have the same problem; the camcorder takes somewhat choppy videos, like it's skipping frames. Is there any way I could install the Touchwiz camera from a 4.3 Touchwiz rom on one of these KitKat 4.4 roms that seem based on the GPE, AOSP or Cyanogenmod? First, would this even work? Second, how would I do it? I'm thinking maybe I make a backup of the camera using ES File Explorer when I'm running a Touchwiz rom, then I flash the new KitKat rom and restore my camera backup there. Would that work?

Simply put, no. MAYBE on the GE ROMs. But definately not on AOSP or Cyanogen. Frameworks are way different.

Reactions: ComputerNmyPocket

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simply put, no. MAYBE on the GE ROMs. But definately not on AOSP or Cyanogen. Frameworks are way different.