Moto G 4g LTE - Sandisk ultra 32gb microsd card won't mount

Search This thread

markoboy87

Jan 23, 2015
32 Gb SD Card problem here as well. SDFixtool gives me messages like, "Couldn't write on external SD Card, set path by yourself." It states that External SD: not mounted.
When trying to scan gives these error messages: "Something went wrong while indexing" and asks if my phone is rooted, which isn't so.

A little problem history: First I installed the 32gb card and moved some music on it and was happy that I had a lot of free space available for photos etc.
At one point I was confused when I recorded a video and it played fine for a while but afterwards got corrupted. A little mystery then. Since then I've tried many many times to add music on the card and mysteriously media players (google player and Shuttle) recognizes these tracks but Google player says that this track cannot be played and Shuttle gives 0.00 lenght for the track but still gives the album cover etc. So they recognize them right, but cannot play them.

Yesterday I started to really try to solve this mystery. I did several formatting on the card and rebooted phone and deleted cache from players and media etc. also several times. I tried three times to add like 15-20 gigs of music, which everyone knows is absolutely annoying because of the time it takes. Every single time same thing happens. I start playing music and it works fine. Then I try to play music further down the list and it works and then it happens. I'm going down in alphabetical order and suddenly it jumps like from F to N. When I checked my storage on phone, it was taking first like 25 gigs of space and after I tried playing music and noticed this weird jump on the band list. I then checked again the storage and now it was giving me about 25gigs of FREE space.

In conclusion: System or phone or whatever handles the card as it is around 8gb card and corrupts or cannot handle/understand etc. data that exceeds the ~8gb amount. Every single time I added 10+ gigabytes, it corrupts the data exceeding this 8gb.

If there is a solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling hair here with this and am really annoyed that 32gb card, that SHOULD work as promised, is not working.

Stats: Moto G 1st gen, Kitkat 4.4.4, system version 21.11.56, SD card 32gb manufacturer unknown, but works fine with other devices.

Thank you for reading!

flaiware

Jun 4, 2014
Having problem with my SD card as well. I'm using a Samsung 32GB Class 6 (!), with CM 12.1/lollipop 5.1.1 and it works for a while, but eventually it always unmounts and remounts, sometimes checking the card for errors.

After it has mounted/unmounted a few times it usually ends with it not detecting the SD card at all until reboot. I haven't ran into any corruption issues but what I got now is bad enough.

I tried reformating it several times with FAT32, but with the same problem.

Going to try another Samsung microSDHC card now, an 8 GB class 6 and see if that runs into the same problem, but I'm not hopeful.

Since this problem seems common, I guess the conclusion is that it's a common hardware problem that Motorola doesn't care about?

harryspar

Nov 28, 2011
I had constant failures with Sandisk grey/red 16GB and 32GB. When I switched to an old black Sandisk 8GB I never had an issue again.

flaiware

Jun 4, 2014
A little update, after switching to a samsung 8 GB card instead of 32 GB it's been working perfectly so far. Not a single error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the update. Can confirm my SanDisk 8GB Class 4 UHS1 works now. Thanks Motorola for listening to users.
    I'm using this card bought thru Amazon for 17.99 ------Samsung Electronics 32GB EVO Micro SDHC with Adapter Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DA/AM)------
    I have had 0 problems with it and high benchmarks, I use to use Sandisk but after multiple problems with multiple cards over they years I have completely abandoned them for Samsung and have yet to have a problem.
    I've chatted with the Moto support yesterday. They confirm this bug under 4.4.4 and they told me that they're working on a solution. So stay patient. ;)
    Hello,

I received the Android 4.4.4 update yesterday.

Finally, my SanDisk Ultra SDHC HC-1 is working fine.
    I can confirm that this one form transcend works fine for me.
    32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1