[How-to] Go From Stock to Team Eos Rom

Search This thread

Xoom Master

Jan 24, 2012
OK, so I thought maybe it would be helpful to post this guide for going from stock wifi to Team EOS wifi nightly rom.
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your Xoom whilst attempting this

*****Rooting**** Universal method Will work for any Xoom version 3.0 and up.
One click option: tool by XxlordxX: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21901018#post21901018

Firstly. I'm assuming you've set up adb and fast boot on your computer. If you need help with setting it up see this thread: http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/motorola-xoom-hacking-guides/1838-setting-up-adb-windows-7-64-bit-other-windows-platforms.html

Second, you need these:
Universal Xoom root: http://db.tt/4aPSk1ro Now place this on your external sdcard.
Download this recovery: http://db.tt/Y1QfVPrA
Also you need the motohelper USB drivers look for them on motrola website
Step 1. Unlocking Xoom
Open a command prompt inside the adb/fast boot folder and type:

fastboot oem unlock

Follow the on screen instructions to unlock the boot loader then type:

fastboot reboot

Step 2. Type this in command prompt
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img

After you've done that press and hold power and volume up till you see the Motorola logo wait 2 seconds and hit volume down and you should see android recovery then hit volume up if you see clockwork recovery then your good if not redo step 2.

In cwm, go into "install zip from sdcard" -> "Choose zip from sdcard", then select the Xoom-Universal-Root.zip file you downloaded.

Helpful: use the volume buttons to go up/down and power button to select

Reboot and your device will be rooted. If not re flash the root.zip

Putting on the Team EOS Rom

Downloads:
Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/roms/teameos/gapps/ get the latest one.
Rom: http://goo-inside.me/roms/teameos/nightlies/wingray/ same thing download the latest one

Once you have downloaded those 2 things place them on the external SD card, then reboot into recovery. Select "install zip from SD card" and then select "choose zip from SD card" then select the rom zip and go down to yes wait for it to be done and do the same thing except select the gapps instead of the rom. Reboot and enjoy!

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Man for the root you can recommend my Tool, as it does it automatically! It's a good option, I think, the link is on my signature - LordAIOTool

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
It's an all in one rool, can root and unlock bootloader, the root is universal ;)

Sent from my MZ605 using XDA App

Xoom Master

Jan 24, 2012
This method will work for any rom.
Could I get some comments on it? Easier ways to do it/improvements?

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
Everyone keeps posting external SD card. Im not sure why this is a requirement. I rooted mine using Solarnz method using my sdcard inside my xoom. Maybe Im confused as to the meaning of external. I did not need an otg cable. I did put the file on my sd card using my adapter then inserted the sd card into my xoom and it worked just fine.

Xoom Master

Jan 24, 2012
The reason you need the external SD card is so that clockwork can see it. As soon as clockwork is updated to read internal SD. You have to use an external SD that you plug into the xooms SD slot.

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Everyone keeps posting external SD card. Im not sure why this is a requirement. I rooted mine using Solarnz method using my sdcard inside my xoom. Maybe Im confused as to the meaning of external. I did not need an otg cable. I did put the file on my sd card using my adapter then inserted the sd card into my xoom and it worked just fine.

That's what mean external sd card... The one you put in the Xoom

Sent from my MZ605 using XDA App

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
The reason you need the external SD card is so that clockwork can see it. As soon as clockwork is updated to read internal SD. You have to use an external SD that you plug into the xooms SD slot.
I'm saying I never used external. I flashed the cwm image via adb. Then I used an internal card to install the Rom and Gapps. I'm just confused why external is even stated if its not needed.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

llama-power

Jan 25, 2011
This method will work for any rom.
Could I get some comments on it? Easier ways to do it/improvements?

Okay, let me first say that I really like this style of tutorials. As requested here are a few things that I would have done differently if it was my tutorial:

style
  • highlight your headlines. That way your users should be able to easily skip a part if they already did that part.
  • Split your tutorial into sections, like 'preparation', 'unlocking bootloader', 'installing custom recovery', 'backup old rom', 'rooting' and 'installing rom', or whatever structure you'd like to use.
  • At the beginning of each section, I'd write a small paragraph to tell the reader what he's about to do and why it needs to be done (e.g. wtf, y do I need to unlock sth??)

functional
  • as you have seen, the term 'external sdcard' seems to be confusing. Just explain that you need an actual sdcard and cannot use the xooms internal memory for this.
  • if I strictly follow your tutorial, I fail at Step 1. Okay, my xoom may be powered down and still in its box, but you didn't state otherwise.
    Nevertheless, I don't know that it failed, because the tutorial didn't say what I should expect.
    Thus, I'd state in the preparation section that the xoom needs to be charged to at least 50%, powered on and connected to your computer via USB-Cable. I'd tell them to do a quick 'adb devices' to check if adb is working. Also, I'd tell people how to turn on debug mode on the xoom. Under 'Step 1: unlocking:' I'd tell them how to get into bootloader mode. "Use a command prompt and run 'adb reboot bootloader'"
    Also, pleas thell people that unlocking the xoom will delete everything. I know the onscreen instructions on the xoom do so anyway, but It won't hurt to stress this as much as possible.
  • in step 2, you say that if it fails, I'd have to redo step 2. that would mean, that I'd have to run 'adb reboot bootloader' from my command prompt. That won't work, becaus I'm still stuck in my f*ckd up recovery. I'd tell people how to reset the xoom and then, after it rebooted, to redo step 2;)
  • now your 'step n'-captions stop, I'd continue using them;)
  • a lot more important than the missing 'step n'-tags: I'd tell people to do a backup right after booting into the recovery for the first time, even before rooting. Why? because this backup will be able to reset people's xooms to factory settings, rom, recovery, etc.
  • You say that if rooting didn't work, just re-flash the root.zip. How? If rooting fails, the cwm is most likely to be gone too (as the stock rom checks if you tampered with your recovery image and restores it to stock recovery if you boot the unrooted stock rom.
  • in your instructions on how to install the rom, you should probably mention, that upon first flash, people should do a /data-wipe and also wipe /cache and dalvik-cache. Also, you should tell them to check the md5-sums of the files they're gonna install onto their xoom

Xoom Master

Jan 24, 2012
Hey thanks for taking your time to post this reply. I'll definitely fix that. I'm only 14 so it'll half to be after homework.

Top Liked Posts