porting liberty 2.0

Search This thread

twizzles

Mar 4, 2012
I'd really like to see sense roms ported. I had core cell for my hd2 and loved it. Miss it lol

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
Did you make sure you were using a Safestrap compatible version? Remember a safestrap rom is different than a regular rom.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
Can you give me a link to the thread where you downloaded the rom you are flashing?

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
If you read the first post, it explicity says "cwm only". It is not a safestrap rom. Also, liberty is based on the Droid 3 stock rom. If you want to port it, here are the first steps:

1. Get an updated Safestrap rom that incorporates the lates Motorola patch. (We will want the performance and battery boost it gives the d4)

2. DeOdex the ROM from step 1.

3. Prepare a sort of blank slate to start with, by ripping out everything not necessary.

At this point, we can start adding the Liberty customizations.

ssinisterss

Apr 16, 2010
so. california
when i had the D3 i was flashing it with safestrap no problem,

lol i dont have the capability to port this over, i was hoping for someone else to try. or even make an AOSP/de blured GB rom out of the D4

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
ssinisterss;25189586 lol i dont have the capability to port this over said:
I am in the process of doing this. I am currently trying to work with Hashcode to try to put together a Safestrap version of the D4 stock ROM with the latest OTA patch. I'm going to try to deodex and deblur it.

For now, have you checked out my Motoblur LT ROM?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560475

Last edited:
Reactions: kwyrt

bdsullivan

Dec 23, 2011
Is it your motoblur LT deodexed? If so that is what I have been waiting for. I love gummy but would go full stock if I could change some or the icons safely. like the green battery icon. It just looks retarded with the blue 3g, 4g and wifi icons. If I knew how to deodex a rom I would attempt it myself, are there any instructions available for doing this ones self? Thanks for what you have done and are attempting.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
Unfortunately, it is not yet deodexed. I just spent the last 3 hours trying to, and the resulting update.zip looks fine, but it won't boot. For now, though, it is very debloated and slightly deblured.

bdsullivan

Dec 23, 2011

Barkleyfan

Mar 1, 2009
Is it your motoblur LT deodexed? If so that is what I have been waiting for. I love gummy but would go full stock if I could change some or the icons safely. like the green battery icon. It just looks retarded with the blue 3g, 4g and wifi icons. If I knew how to deodex a rom I would attempt it myself, are there any instructions available for doing this ones self? Thanks for what you have done and are attempting.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you need deodex? I used ROM Toolbox to change battery icon on stock Razr ROM.

Top Liked Posts