[ROM][DISCONTINUED][ICS 4.0.4]x ::DARKSIDE.UCLE2:: x[BETA07.1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pgallard

May 13, 2009
Hi tdj!! I love your work and wanna thank you for a Great job, for me the Rom Works like a ferrari on the road, all is pretty pretty smooth, I haven't any big bug, just the only thing I say is: why the vibration is so weak? I don't speak much english, porque la vibracion es tan debil?

thanks in advanced tdj, thanks for spend your free time to share us your great work!!!

thanks!!!

Nighthawk's Tapatalk

Go to setting sound vibration intensity you will be able to change to maximum.

Anda a setting sound y vibrant intensity y cámbialo al máximo.

Suerte

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: nighthawk1991

sinfulgray

Aug 21, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
The OP warns against using any mods that weren't made by him but he seems to be to busy building ROMS to create battery mods and themes. Which is good for us.:)

Anyway. Are there any safe mods and I guess I'm wondering specifically about Themes.

Phoenix has these: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568128

But what is the word? OK not OK?

What about the apps and the battery mod?

thanks.

Yes the mods and theme made by phoenix6 are made for this ROM and work very well without breaking anything Your phone will look like a stock aosp ROM. Just make sure you flash the correct theme for the ROM you have.

Last edited:

pairustwo

Nov 4, 2011
Yes the mods and theme made by phoenix6 are made for this ROM and work very well without breaking anything Your phone will look like a stock aosp ROM. Just make sure you flash the correct theme for the ROM you have.

OK thanks. Here's what happened: I installed the AOSP lock screen and the circle battery mod at the same time, wiped super wiped and when I rebooted I get a message that "Sorry UI has failed". Things still sort of worked but that message screen would pop up every few seconds. There was no notification bar and no toggles.

I re flashed the ROM and things were all good again (ROM is Great). Tried to flash just the battery mod the second time and the same thing happened.

Any ideas? (I have the correct mod for the the UCLE2 Rom.)

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
OK thanks. Here's what happened: I installed the AOSP lock screen and the circle battery mod at the same time, wiped super wiped and when I rebooted I get a message that "Sorry UI has failed". Things still sort of worked but that message screen would pop up every few seconds. There was no notification bar and no toggles.

I re flashed the ROM and things were all good again (ROM is Great). Tried to flash just the battery mod the second time and the same thing happened.

Which beta are you on?

Sent from the Darkside, ICS style

onlychevys

Jul 16, 2011
Azle Texas

Don't run super wipe, just cache wipe and you should be ok.

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
I'm running the UVDLE Radio on beta 5, works real well, seems to connect to my wifi quicker to with better signal :)

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011
I'm running the UVDLE Radio on beta 5, works real well, seems to connect to my wifi quicker to with better signal :)

Yeah.. I noticed that as well.. but I gotta say everything and I mean everything about T-Mobile in general is just slow.. ics update is slow/taking for ever to be released.. comparison to both roms the wifi connects quicker on the att rom than T-Mobile. Things are just smoother on this att rom. But the radio seem to work better on this att rom than T-Mobile.. since I have a NAND backup of both rom I just tested..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pairustwo

Nov 4, 2011
Originally Posted by pairustwo

Which beta are you on?

Beta 5.

Should I be messing with the DPI or resolution?

nighthawk1991

Mar 4, 2012
Zacapa
Go to setting sound vibration intensity you will be able to change to maximum.

Anda a setting sound y vibrant intensity y cámbialo al máximo.

Suerte

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Is in the highest level bro, the intensity change but still weak, isn't normal like Gingerbread... esta en el maximo nivel hermano, la intensidad cambia un poco pero sigue muy debil, no es normal como Gingerbread...

Nighthawk's Tapatalk

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011
Do these modems have ANYTHING to do with battery?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Sometimes not just modem but other factors as well..but battery wise has something to do with how you use your phone..remember you have a dual core processor..performance and a lot more..you can switch to 2g and have a longer battery use but data speed is not the same as 4g.

Last edited:

mayhem204

Apr 8, 2011
Queens, New York
in my quest to find the perfect radio to use with B5 i tested all the radio's .

1st attempt: b5 using tmo LC8 good speeds (no data drops) BUT NO GPS LOCKS.

2nd " " : B5 using Blaze LC7 good speeds (data dropping, used *#2263# to fix) BUT NO GPS LOCK.

3RD " " : B5 using tmo KID good speeds (no data drops) BUT NO GPS LOCKS.

4th " " : b5 using tmo VK1 (no data drops) GPS FINALLY LOCKS! takes about 4 secs ( more or less ) THIS ONES A KEEPER!! :D:D

Thank you TDJ for offering all these the options for us " users " to mix & match until we feel happy the results. thats why the DARKSIDE is the only SIDE I'm on ! :D

dungtran88

Mar 27, 2009
I flash beta5 yesterday and it seem that I still have the call echo also last night I charged my phone, when I woke up I can't open any apps and I have to do a restart to fix that. Anyone have any solution on these 2 bugs?

Akim1220

Oct 25, 2011
Just curious, the directions to install this rom says to flash darkside.super.wipe but the download link is for darkside.cache.wipe. what is the difference between the 2 and should i have super.wiped? I flashed the cache wipe.

DannyB513

Jan 20, 2012
Huntsville
Just curious, the directions to install this rom says to flash darkside.super.wipe but the download link is for darkside.cache.wipe. what is the difference between the 2 and should i have super.wiped? I flashed the cache wipe.

The Superwipe script is built into the ROM and will run automatically. The cache wipe script is for whenever you need to wipe the cache and dalvik cache and fix permissions. Something is broken in the CWM recoveries where they do not wipe the caches correctly and will not fix permissions. I use the TWRP recovery however, and the cache wipes and fix permissions work perfectly in it.

Last edited:

mayhem204

Apr 8, 2011
Queens, New York

Akim1220

Oct 25, 2011
The Superwipe script is built into the ROM and will run automatically. The cache wipe script is for whenever you need to wipe the cache and dalvik cache and fix permissions. Something is broken in the CWM recoveries where they do not wipe the caches correctly and will not fix permissions. I use the TWRP recovery however, and the cache wipes and fix permissions work perfectly in it.

ah ok, so tdj means to do the cache.wipe in his instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.UCLE2 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> CWM RECOVERY 5.0.2.7 - NON TOUCH <<<

[DOWNLOAD HERE]
    FLASH IN CURRENT RECOVERY

md5: 7907c17599618b1b6b6747e634269b5f

I have created a flashable zip package that can be flashed in your current recovery. This package will install the ClockworkMOD Recovery 5.0.2.7 - NON Touch Recovery. I had to move away from my previous suggestion to use TWRP because too many reports of hard bricks. Whether its the recovery or user err, who knows? but I will not take the chance. So I am reverting back to what I know works, and will work with out any issues; good ol' ClockworkMOD Recovery 5.0.2.7 - NON Touch Recovery!

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINORvisual changes
    • UVLE2 4.0.4 Based ROM (AT&T Leak)
    • UVLE2 Stock Kernel (AT&T Leak)
    • Rotation fix (@yaldak)
    • Diamond Voice (@yaldak)
    • No ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed lots of AT&T garbage code
    • Modified ramdisk
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 15 toggle mod (Thanks to @mohan_kr! You can thank him [HERE] @ his OP)
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled Internet Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • DARKSIDE Wallpapers
    • Superuser
    • appwidgetpicker
    • ICS Gallery (Need to keep gallery3d for permissions and such)
    • No AM/PM in statusbar
    • download/recovery added to power menu
    • SGS2 international shutdown/boot animation
    • update framework
    • init.d scripts
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • updated lockscreen clock font (more ICS'ish)
    • fix up statusbar
    • fixed 3D Gallery for scrolling wallpaper support
    • fixed touchwiz laucher for scrolling wallpaper support
    • removed exchange security policy
    • Minor changes/improvements to web browser
    • framework adjsutments
    • Transparent drop down background on statusbar
    • Increased scrolling FPS
    • Removed ATT contact sync
    • Removed Yellow Pages from contact list
    • CRT off animation
    • Fixed WIFI Tethering
    • Swapped send/attach buttons in MMS

Not Included:
    • WIFI CALLING
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS

Known Issues:
    • Compass: The polarity is reversed. To fix this, kernel source is required. We don't have that as of yet.
    • New TouchWiz Launcher: Calendar widgets have issues. That is all
    • GPS: Is just plain wonky. Sometimes its dead on and sometimes its a pain in the arse.
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Flash the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE from post #2
    • DATA Toggle: The data toggle in the status bar drop down will stay stuck on even when data is killed. Not sure on this, doesnt happen all the time?

Pro Tips:
    • Having issues with prolonged/wonky DATA connections??? You can always try resetting your radio in automatic mode. From the dialer, dial *#2263# and select [1] Automatic > [1] Automatic > press the physcal back button to exit. Wait a few minutes. This may or may not help the issue, this is not a guarantee. I do this everytime upon re-flashing, seems to correct any delayed data issue I have experienced. Its especially important to do this after flashing any radio.

Add flags to file name:

An adaptation of @waydownsouth's script, I have modified and created a script that allows for flexibility with how I can create and user can install a ROM. *PLEASE READ* this next section carefully and only proceed with a full understanding of what you are about to do. Ask any questions within the thread before doing so...

Available flags:
    • -naked
    • -newtw
    • -notify100
    • -volwake

What each flag does:
    • -naked = This will remove the most amount of TouchWiz/Samsung applications(BLOAT) possible without breaking anything. It will install APEX launcher for the default launcher.
    • -newtw = This will remove the *OLD* TouchWiz UI and install teh *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launncher (see screenshots below). By not adding this flag you will get a retain the default *OLD* launcher.
    • -notify100 = Re-enables the 100% battery notification, for those who want it.
    • -volwake = Enables volume buttons to wake the device (Same as power button)

Adding flags to the file name:

If default file name is:
    Code:
    [B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ.zip[/B]

To have device run naked, removing even more bloat will achieve this. Add the -naked flag to end of file name:
    Code:
    [B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ[B][COLOR="red"]-naked[/COLOR][/B].zip[/B]

To flash a naked ROM and have volume wake, adding -naked and -volwake flag to end of file name:
    Code:
    [B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ[B][COLOR="red"]-naked-volwake[/COLOR][/B].zip[/B]

Want just to use the *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launcher, add the -newtw flag to the end of the file name:
    Code:
    [B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ[B][COLOR="red"]-newtw[/COLOR][/B].zip[/B]

Get IT??? Its as simple as adding available flag to the end of the file name.

NOTES:
    • The file name must also contain no spaces or else it will not work!!
    • The *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launcher will not work when using the naked flag.

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

FLASH ONLY USING - ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 - NON Touch Recovery

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [6.04.2012] [BETA07.1][/B]

* Fixed the APN's I borked :D My BAD! - All syncing over network resolved..

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [6.03.2012] [BETA07][/B]

* Added a few flags for install (see above: Add flags to file name)
     * Fixed up new TouchWiz Laucher
     * Killed off keyboard lag (please report back on this)
     * Played around with GPS files (Not sure if this helped or not, report back on it)
     * Adjusted mem killer to be far less aggressive.
     * Adjusted DARKSIDE scripts
     * Added a working DSP manager from cm9. lets see how roms pop up with this now ;)
     * Added Swype's newest beta. enable it in kb settings or unistall it if you dont like
     * Added New AccuWeather Clock Widget from SGSIII

* Other stuff I will add when I remember... my bad :(

[/B][B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.23.2012] [BETA06][/B]

* Added new TouchWiz Laucher
     * Resized new TouchWiz Launcher
     * Added Wallpaper scrolling to new TouchWiz Launcher
     * Reconfigured new TouchWiz Launcher
        > JUST noticed a bug after upload. White text on white background when selecting wallpapers
        > Also a bug with setting lock screen wallpapers.
        > I ALREADY KNOW.. dont need to report it..
     * Added Flipboard
     * Fixed up statusbar drop down
     * Minor visual changes throughout
     * Adjusted DARKSIDE scripts to help with battery
     * Added ne LDE radio to thread
     * Added new DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE to thread
        > Cleaned up/Sped up
     * I forget???

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.20.2012] [BETA05][/B]

* Fixed GPS across all radios. Fast locks and accurate!
         (Tested on LB7, KID, VK1. Links below in RADIOS section. All RILS removed)
     * Minor UI changes

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.18.2012] [BETA04][/B]

* Added 15 toggle mod (Thanks to @mohan_kr! You can thnak him [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26275616&postcount=1"][HERE][/URL])
     * Fixed call echo - I REALLY HOPE ONCE AND FOR ALL!
     * Reverted speakerphone volume fix (Cant have it all today. Will work on this some more)

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.18.2012] [BETA03][/B]

* Fixed camcorder *audio* recording issues
     * Fixed speakerphone volume level - TEST AND LET ME KNOW :D
     * Fixed APN - can adjust now

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.17.2012] [BETA02][/B]

* Fixed adb
     * Fixed GPS  [B][COLOR="Red"]*Use Blaze 4g LB7 ICS Radio*[/COLOR][/B]
     * Fixed DATA connectivity [B][COLOR="Red"]*Use Blaze 4g LB7 ICS Radio*[/COLOR][/B]
     * Remapped VM button to T-Mobile Visual Voicemail in dialer

[B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.16.2012] [BETA01][/B]

* Initial Release

[/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.UCLE2 BETA07.1 <<<
    [DISCONTINUED] [6.04.2012]

md5: 9dd75f2e722ee8f8886cabe50ea7f592

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

>>> RADIOS/TOOLS/MODS MOVED TO [POST #2] <<<​

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-16-21-38-42.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-37-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-38-15.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-41-00.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-42-02.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-43-15.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-16-21-43-30.jpg
    >>> *NEW* TouchWiz Launcher <<<
    Screenshot_2012-05-27-22-25-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-27-22-25-17.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-27-22-25-29.jpg

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Blaze 4G LB7 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 0acf73dcbc722c8c3be693723903cd7c

>>> Tmo SGH-T989 KID ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 290715f0f92c46450af92e9ab6121681

>>> Tmo SGH-T989 VK1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 340f1a7cf613aee49c37ad0860e758d5

>>> Tmo SGH-T989 LDE ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 3dee70128b93f5d3fb3631400c97d3ea

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

Coming soon...
    Let's have a party! ! Drop Beta 7 please! Lmao

lets let things cool down and see what is about to happen. I am really confused to why I am being targeted, but thats exacly how i feel right now. I really enjoy xda and helping people mod their devices. This a great hobby for a techie like myself. I have never had issues like this until the whole @kangkong! situation. My fault for opening my mouth in his thread. I dont think that what I said in reaction to what he was doing deserves all this backlash. This seems more like a personal vendetta than an interaction for unbecoming behavior. I guess we will see whats about to happen. I am sure nothing good will come of this. Glad to know people appreciate me and what I do for the community.
    Will be releasing BETA07 later tonight or early tomorrow and then will be taking a break until official Tmobile ICS drops. Android is consuming way to much of my time, need to spend more time with the family. I will still be in and out of all my threads, just taking a break on development for a little bit. Hope you understand

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
    For the next release i have included the FLAGS again..

Flags for next release (subjected to change)
    • nowipe
    • naked
    • notify100
    • volwake

A run down on what each flag will do

Code:
    [I][B]nowipe[/B][/I] = This will skip the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE that is included by default. Now all you advanced users can have the headache of having to do things twice :D

Code:
    [B][I]naked[/I][/B] = This will strip the device of as much TouchWiz and Samsung bloat as possible without breaking anything in the process 

Files that will be removed:

AnalogClock.apk
    BuddiesNow.apk
    Days.apk
    DigitalClock.apk
    DualClock.apk
    GenieWidget.apk
    HelvNeueLT.apk
    KiesAir.apk
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    MediaHub.apk
    Memo.apk
    MiniDiary.apk
    PostIt.apk
    Quickoffice.apk
    SamsungIM.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungWidget_News.apk
    SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk
    SamsungWidget_StockClock.apk
    SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
    SnsAccountFb.apk
    SnsAccountLi.apk
    SnsAccountTw.apk
    SnsDisclaimer.apk
    SnsImageCache.apk
    SnsProvider.apk
    SocialHub.apk
    SocialHubWidget.apk
    talkback.apk
    Tasks.apk
    TasksProvider.apk
    TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
    TwCalendarAppWidget.apk
    TwDVFSApp.apk
    TwWallpaperChooser.apk
    vlingo.apk

Code:
    [B][I]notify100[/I][/B] = Simple. This will enable the battery 100% notification for the people that like it

Code:
    [B][I]volwake[/I][/B] = Again, Simple. This enables the volume rocker buttons to wake the device.

Please share your thoughts. Any input is welcomed..