i am stuck at boot logo in viper rom sense 5

Search This thread

onkar0027

Dec 27, 2012
I just flashed viper rom
everything was going good
and when everything done it said me to restart but I am stuck on this htc boot screen saying this build is for development purpose only ......

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
yes, how can I do that
how to install boot.img I am stuck but I can enter into recovery

Damn it's been a while for me but if you look in the stickies for DNA you'll find step by step instructions...you have download the SDK files onto your computer, connect the DNA to computer and run ADB to push all the necessary files (ROM zip and boot.img file) but this step only necessary if you are NOT S-Off...are you S-On or S-Off? Also did you create a back up "nandroid" of your DNA before trying to flash a different ROM? cause if you did you could do a RESTORE but again first things first, you S-Off or S-On?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: onkar0027

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Damn it's been a while for me but if you look in the stickies for DNA you'll find step by step instructions...you have download the SDK files onto your computer, connect the DNA to computer and run ADB to push all the necessary files (ROM zip and boot.img file) but this step only necessary if you are NOT S-Off...are you S-On or S-Off? Also did you create a back up "nandroid" of your DNA before trying to flash a different ROM? cause if you did you could do a RESTORE but again first things first, you S-Off or S-On?

He is s-on. He stated that in another thread. Also, you can fastboot flash the boot.img to fix bootloop issue. Just use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (be sure you are in hboot and have the boot.img from the ROM .zip in the same folder as your flashing tools on PC, or use the flashing tool "windroid HTC DNA tool" in development section.)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

onkar0027

Dec 27, 2012
He is s-on. He stated that in another thread. Also, you can fastboot flash the boot.img to fix bootloop issue. Just use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (be sure you are in hboot and have the boot.img from the ROM .zip in the same folder as your flashing tools on PC, or use the flashing tool "windroid HTC DNA tool" in development section.)

thank you so much for the reply .. and yeah it helped me

onkar0027

Dec 27, 2012

as you all said I tried to flash boot.img

but each time I connect my dna in fastboot windows says usb device not recognized
I am running on windows 8.1 and I have installed htc sync manager

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
There is no compatible win8 drivers for HTC. Run a Linux distro or downgrade to Win 7 or older

Last edited:

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
There is no compatible win8 drivers for HTC. Run a Linux distro or downgrade to Win 7 or older

Not true. I'm afraid you are misinformed.
I've unlocked all 4 DNA's that I've had on a Windows 8.0 - 64 bit machine.
First one with Jcase's original exploit. Second with Supercid and HTCDev unlock. Third and fourth with Moonshine.
If you're on Windows 8.0, downloading PDANet will install the correct drivers.

Windows 8.1 however, broke the Fastboot drivers.

Hope this helps :good:

As always, have fun.

onkar0027

Dec 27, 2012
First one with Jcase's original exploit. Second with Supercid and HTCDev unlock. Third and fourth with Moonshine.

As always, have fun.

yep I tried pdanet ... still not recognizes windows only reads my phone when I am in recovery and adb sideload can I push boot.img using adb sideload

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
If you're on 8.1 I believe you need to use the naked drivers... It was featured on xda a month or so ago I think

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He wouldnt have been able to flash anything if he was son

Yea he would but he would have to adb push the .img file separately or use flash image gui

yes, how can I do that
    how to install boot.img I am stuck but I can enter into recovery

As always, have fun.