[Discussion] what do you think about the Note 12.2 ?

Search This thread

Blackwolf10

Nov 14, 2012
Duhok
as the title says give in your oppenion
I think the screen estate is awesome and the specs are good 2 unlike the previous tablets

CehowardNote3

Nov 5, 2013
as the title says give in your oppenion
I think the screen estate is awesome and the specs are good 2 unlike the previous tablets

The screen is awesome, and so are the specs..However, I am on two wheels 90% of the time. Size and weight are biggies with me.
Right now I am still within my return period on my GN 2014, along with my tax refund to take up the difference. I was going to snatch the 64gb one... But, after looking at the size, compared it to my 10.1, it is just too much..I travel very light on two wheels. Either on motorcycle or bicycle, space is premium.

Now, if they came with another 10.1 pro, I be on it, especially since I am in my return window..

Again, this thing is too big.. :D

Blackwolf10

Nov 14, 2012
Duhok
The screen is awesome, and so are the specs..However, I am on two wheels 90% of the time. Size and weight are biggies with me.
Right now I am still within my return period on my GN 2014, along with my tax refund to take up the difference. I was going to snatch the 64gb one... But, after looking at the size, compared it to my 10.1, it is just too much..I travel very light on two wheels. Either on motorcycle or bicycle, space is premium.

Now, if they came with another 10.1 pro, I be on it, especially since I am in my return window..

Again, this thing is too big.. :D

I think the weight doesn't matter and as long as u have a nice bag for it neither does size I don't think I ever heard someone saying hey I wish my tablet was 100g lighter plus the screen size just makes up for all of this

ashtonsd

Feb 7, 2014
First impressions

Well, I've had my 32gb WiFi Galaxy Note Pro for 2 days now.
The screen is superb. I absolutely love it.
The size looks much larger than expected, in terms of feel, than my Note 10.1 2014 - a huge difference when watching video.
I have experienced no lag at all.
The TouchWiz UX is OK - but the magazine home screen I cannot get on with. The content is too restrictive and doesn't cover my interests. Also, you cannot remove the Magazine screen - grrrr!

Also have a problem writing to the micro SDCard - see my other post.

Still early days yet but a general 'thumbs up' from me.

Reactions: lexcell

rodrigorajao

Feb 21, 2009
Yes, I really want this, but first things first.

- I need to be able to sell my Nexus 10 for a decent price before I can buy this.

- I'll not be an early adopter/unpaid beta tester. I want lots of reviews (both pro and amateur) before I make a commitment.

- I suspect this tablet will be huge with the custom ROM community. I'll wait until there's some solid ROM development going on.

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk
Ordered mine today :) Unit will arrive tomorrow morning (sold my nexus 10)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

omegafiler

Dec 22, 2010
TX
I've always found the 10" tablets too small to be really useful, in particular since I've almost always had a large phone with me. Currently the GN3. 10" was too big to carry in a pocket and too small to be useful on the go. So if I'm going to have to carry it in a bag/case, might as well go with a moderately larger screen size. But not too big so as to become heavy and bulky if I want to use it on a plane, vehicle, or even couch.

With this form factor, I'm hoping it'll fit right in between my 5.7" phone and 15" notebook, depending on where I'm going and what I want to do.

Mine gets here Friday. Yay. :cool:

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
WiFi only (Netherlands)
Company called coolbue (for the dutchies)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Bought mine from BCC yesterday here in the Netherlands.

This tablet is simply amazing. The extra screen real estate makes it so much more useful. Makes you really wonder why no one else tried a larger display the last three years.

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk
Bought mine from BCC yesterday here in the Netherlands.

This tablet is simply amazing. The extra screen real estate makes it so much more useful. Makes you really wonder why no one else tried a larger display the last three years.

Nice. If i had known it would be available at BCC i would have driven there :eek:

Do you notice any lag using the samsung touchwiz ?

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Nice. If i had known it would be available at BCC i would have driven there :eek:

Do you notice any lag using the samsung touchwiz ?

Not noticeably.

Only minor annoying thing is that some elements are just to large for this display, but that's a general Android thing. I'm afraid I gonna need to tweak the density (like it's done in the good old days).

klovar

Mar 24, 2009
San Diego
Almost $840 after shipping and tax from Best Buy in the States. I may be a fool for spending nearly a thousand dollars on a tablet, but at least I know I'm not the only one. .. :) looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
Yes, I really want this, but first things first.

- I need to be able to sell my Nexus 10 for a decent price before I can buy this.

- I'll not be an early adopter/unpaid beta tester. I want lots of reviews (both pro and amateur) before I make a commitment.

- I suspect this tablet will be huge with the custom ROM community. I'll wait until there's some solid ROM development going on.

I suspect the opposite as its too expensive to be mainstream and its Samsung which has not been developer friendly. Do these new tabs come with Knox?

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Kangakat powered by franco.kernel

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
Well I just bought one from Best Buy screen is great, monopoly is awesome on it

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk
Knox / odin info

For the ones who want to know... (Netherlands)

2014_02_14_14_16_24.jpg

2014_02_14_14_28_02.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. With >1 pdf opened, how the pdf reader determines which pdf page to turn or zoom in upon user's action? Which pdf viewer are you using?

Hancom Viewer is the program for viewing PDF's. It's part of the Hancom Office 2010 suite included with the Note Pro 12.2. That program is just used for viewing various documents, PDF's, spreadsheets, etc. It has their own separate apps for Word/Excel/PowerPoint type files if you want to do some editing and productive type work.

When using split window, you just physically interact with whichever window/app you want, just like you normally do with a single program. They all work separately. Then you can use that little dot in the middle to move/resize them, swap around, close, etc.

Speaking of which, is actually super handy on a large screen like this. I don't use it much on my phone. But here, with so much screen real estate, I can have a larger window for a PDF with my training material, music player, and chat window on screen at the same time. Pretty darn cool.
    First impressions

Well, I've had my 32gb WiFi Galaxy Note Pro for 2 days now.
    The screen is superb. I absolutely love it.
    The size looks much larger than expected, in terms of feel, than my Note 10.1 2014 - a huge difference when watching video.
    I have experienced no lag at all.
    The TouchWiz UX is OK - but the magazine home screen I cannot get on with. The content is too restrictive and doesn't cover my interests. Also, you cannot remove the Magazine screen - grrrr!

Also have a problem writing to the micro SDCard - see my other post.

Still early days yet but a general 'thumbs up' from me.
    I've always found the 10" tablets too small to be really useful, in particular since I've almost always had a large phone with me. Currently the GN3. 10" was too big to carry in a pocket and too small to be useful on the go. So if I'm going to have to carry it in a bag/case, might as well go with a moderately larger screen size. But not too big so as to become heavy and bulky if I want to use it on a plane, vehicle, or even couch.

With this form factor, I'm hoping it'll fit right in between my 5.7" phone and 15" notebook, depending on where I'm going and what I want to do.

Mine gets here Friday.

I can add that this is the exact reason I bought the note pro. I've always settled on 9.7 or 10.1 tablets because they were the standard, and I always felt they left a bit to be desired. I recently sold my LTE Air to help finance the purchase of the note pro. Let me tell you....what a breathe of fresh air to finally have a tablet that I feel is more than a consumption device. You can actually be productive on this device given its screen size and hardware specs.

I have owned every tablet device known to man(exaggeration), or at least ones that were worth giving a try. To name a few Surface Pro (2), note 10.1 2014, ipads, surface rt, galaxy tabs, Samsung 700T, yogas, and the list goes on. I can without a doubt say that the note pro is a keeper!! What's not to love about this tablet...screen real estate for those who want to be productive on the go or stationary, Magazine UX (much better than touch wiz), cutting edge specs that rival your low end ultrabooks, nice resolution, Wacom technology and S Pen. The only thing I'm missing that will put the icing on the cake is Logitech's bluetooth keyboard. My Galaxy Note 3 has finally met its lifetime mate:laugh:

Enjoy.
    So, how is the battery consumption and charging between your 10.1 2014 and PRO 12.2? Do they come with the same Samsung charger? Can you view 2-4 pdf files concurrently in separate windows? Thanks

Still too soon to make a call on the battery life, but so far I haven't seen a noticable difference between the Note 10.1 2014. I've got GSAM running, so we'll see how things look soon enough. Also, looks like the same 2.0 amp charger, except USB 3.0 connector (as on my Note 3).

No problem running 1-4 PDF's, although I had to use the included Hancom Viewer. For some reason Adobe Reader would only use 1 screen or window at a time.