Notification light?

Search This thread

Euforeik

May 14, 2010
San Francisco
Hey everyone. I picked up my new m8 yesterday at the AT&T store but for some reason I can't seem to get the notification light to work. Even when it's charging it just says red it never turns green! Does anyone have this problem?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Hey everyone. I picked up my new m8 yesterday at the AT&T store but for some reason I can't seem to get the notification light to work. Even when it's charging it just says red it never turns green! Does anyone have this problem?

Mine was red while charging, and turned green when finished. Are you sure it is finished charging?

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Yeah I'm sure. It was over night and even when I get messages etc. It doesn't even blink. I bought two and they are doing the same thing.

Ok I wasn't sure, but I just checked, my notification light definitely blinks green when there is a notification. Go to settings > display & gestures > notification light and make sure the boxes are checked.

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Yeah its all checked too! I don't know what is going on!

As odd as it might be that you got two with the same problem, that might be the case. I can definitely confirm that the light blinks green for notifications, and is solid green when plugged up with a full battery on both of the one's my wife and I got.

Edit: Just found this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704461 it seems that you are not the only one with this problem. It looks like a factory reset may fix it. Might be worth a shot anyway.

Last edited:

jem417

Aug 26, 2012
I had the same problem. I read on another forum that if you install another launcher the led stops working for notifications. When I first setup my phone restored apps and one of them happened to be a launcher. I did factory reset did not restore any apps and notifications led started working again. I'm not sure if another launcher had anything to do with it but the fix worked for me.

jjbusa

Aug 15, 2006
I had the same problem. I read on another forum that if you install another launcher the led stops working for notifications. When I first setup my phone restored apps and one of them happened to be a launcher. I did factory reset did not restore any apps and notifications led started working again. I'm not sure if another launcher had anything to do with it but the fix worked for me.

I did factory reset did not restore any apps and notifications led started working again

ahdez

Apr 24, 2014
San Jose
same here, I had Nova Launcher and the LED wasn't working, factory reset and now it works, again not sure if it was the different launcher but the reset worked for me

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
It's a bug in Android back up & restore. Your restore files get corrupt. Same with HTC back up.

Only way to fix it is by not restoring with either option. Just do a fresh start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk